Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

What if there's an '08 RS ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 01:26 PM
rexav8r
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What if there's an '08 RS ???

I post much more regularly on Pelican but lurk here all the time... Main reason is, I don't have a water cooled 911...... yet....

I recently heard from a pretty good European source that there could be an '08 GT3 RS.

I'm interested in what you think will happen to the market if Porsche AG decides to go this way...

Are we still going to see MSRP + $50K prices on e-bay ?

Are the guys paying these prices collectors or drivers ? Reason I ask this, would it matter (value wise) if they had an option on an '08 RS with 600 miles on it ? Would it still command a $165,000 price tag ?

Would it potentially de-value the whole GT3 market ???

Can you guys think of any other market scenarios ?
Old 04-14-2007, 01:38 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

yes, if there's 08RS, 07RS will drop a bit in price.
but even if there's 08RS, we wont see too many of them. say 2-300 cars for USA (i am guessing wildly here, but i realy dount we get more than that). so any RS would still be rare.

collecting RS? i think that would be hell stupid.

08RS or not, you know we will eventually get 3.8, or maybe 4.0 and/or DSG and/or direct injection. i dont know when. but we will. maybe in 2010 maybe in 2020. so 07 or 08RS will eventually depreciate. why not just drive it and have fun.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:51 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rexav8r
I post much more regularly on Pelican but lurk here all the time... Main reason is, I don't have a water cooled 911...... yet....

I recently heard from a pretty good European source that there could be an '08 GT3 RS.

I'm interested in what you think will happen to the market if Porsche AG decides to go this way...

Are we still going to see MSRP + $50K prices on e-bay ?

Are the guys paying these prices collectors or drivers ? Reason I ask this, would it matter (value wise) if they had an option on an '08 RS with 600 miles on it ? Would it still command a $165,000 price tag ?

Would it potentially de-value the whole GT3 market ???

Can you guys think of any other market scenarios ?
So, let's see...your first post here and you're begging the question (in the true sense of the expression, not what it has become to mean in some circles)?

I think '07 RS's will immediately go to zero value. Anyone who disagrees believes in a flat Earth and Creationism.

What do you think?
Old 04-14-2007, 08:46 PM
rexav8r
Track Day

Come on Mr. 1,319 posts..... Don't pull the "1st post", I'm pulling the flame thrower on the guy thing, ok ..

I posted that I'm on Pelican all the time, under the same name, not trying to be something I'm not here. Go look me up if you want to, or ask "dixons993" or "adixon" about me being a normal, valid guy. "Jim H." would probably even remember me from Mid-Ohio last year. "Hi Jim ! Missed you guys at M-O this weekend, had to go off to work."

Sorry I struck a nerve by not posting more.....

Treat the question as what it is, just a question ....

How interested would YOU be (read: how much would you work with me TODAY in terms of $$$) if you could spec out an RS the way you want it ? -and have a delivery date of Sept, Oct, Nov of '07??

You don't have to answer, but don't throw stones man...

P.S. I'm not hacked off at the sarcasm either, I use it all the time..
but I never did get "1st post" slammers...
Old 04-14-2007, 09:38 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

If there's an 08?
Old 04-14-2007, 09:50 PM
rexav8r
Track Day

EXACTLY !

- when I said "de-value the whole GT3 market", by "whole" I meant both 'base' GT3 & RS, and by "de-value", I just meant pop-the-bubble on huge mark-ups over MSRP due to demand...
Old 04-14-2007, 09:55 PM
Schmidts Cat
Rennlist Member

If you have to ask......
Old 04-14-2007, 10:09 PM
dixons993
Intermediate

Originally Posted by allegretto
So, let's see...your first post here and you're begging the question (in the true sense of the expression, not what it has become to mean in some circles)?

I think '07 RS's will immediately go to zero value. Anyone who disagrees believes in a flat Earth and Creationism.

What do you think?
This comment kinda reminds me of that scene in the Wizard of Oz when the old guy from Kansas said, "Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain."
Nonetheless, the Lion did run and jump through the glass hallway. However, there were others who hung around with inquiring minds wanting to know.
rexav8r's question of a 2008 RS is an interesting one with regard to the present and crazy values an '07 GT3 RS commands.
Some common sense has seemed to prevail with the recent eBay auction at $32K over that didn't meet reserve.
The key to his query, is that he valued your collective opinion enough to ask you for your input. Where I come from, that is called respect. He deserves the same.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:22 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Oh my. I'll be more sensitive next time. I think many here, including lurkers have beat this horse right to China by now.

Further, the question has changed from the first post to #4.

Anyway, I didn't mean to be sarcastic or disrespectful. I meant to make a joke. Had I chosen either of the former I'd have been much more...purposeful.

But, I do realize we are in the Post-Imus Era and it would behoove me to try not to make anyone feel bad about themselves. I think I'll go take a time-out in the corner. Come back a more solid citizen.

Maybe Rev Al could have me on his show..
Old 04-15-2007, 12:22 AM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by allegretto
I think I'll go take a time-out in the corner. Come back a more solid citizen.
. . . you don't have to come back!

of course, just like yourself, "I didn't mean to be sarcastic or disrespectful. I meant to make a joke."
i know you won't be so sensitive!
Old 04-15-2007, 01:34 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by icon
. . . you don't have to come back!

of course, just like yourself, "I didn't mean to be sarcastic or disrespectful. I meant to make a joke."
i know you won't be so sensitive!
time to switch hands?
Old 04-15-2007, 01:45 AM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by masterbating hermie
time to switch hands?
oops!
guess i was wrong . . . you are sensitive!
also seem to have an obsession w/ ************!?
my profuse apologies for having offended your delicate sensibilities!
Old 04-15-2007, 01:46 AM
frayed
Race Car

Fairly certain we will see 100 RS's in the US for 08. Will that affect prices? Surely, since the MSRP+ thing is a bubble not supported by history or resale data like in the Fcar world. IMO, 100 cars will affect the current mood about RSs.

My gut feel that above MSRP on an RS is silly, and I believe this fact will bear out in the long term. OTOH, MSRP buyers don't have anything to be concerned with. In fact, it's almost a lock that a 130k MSRP RS will hold more of its value than any other 911, including the 3.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:59 AM
jimhuber
Racer

Come on Mr. 1,319 posts..... Don't pull the "1st post", I'm pulling the flame thrower on the guy thing, ok ..

I posted that I'm on Pelican all the time, under the same name, not trying to be something I'm not here. Go look me up if you want to, or ask "dixons993" or "adixon" about me being a normal, valid guy. "Jim H." would probably even remember me from Mid-Ohio last year. "Hi Jim ! Missed you guys at M-O this weekend, had to go off to work."

How interested would YOU be (read: how much would you work with me TODAY in terms of $$$) if you could spec out an RS the way you want it ? -and have a delivery date of Sept, Oct, Nov of '07??

Not that I do now, however when I first joined this forum I was roasted over everything I said. I have a RS on the way and I do not care even hope they make more so everyone will calm down. No crazy markup for me MSRP so I spent the extra money on:cage front and rear, Carbon Dymags, euro seats, and what ever else I can think of to PIMP MY RIDE.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:27 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

i dont understand all the speculation on the RS. it's just a car.
if there are only 3 RS ever made, and i was offered one, i will not pay a cent over msrp. my RS would be worth pretty much nothing by year end. i put 3k mile on it per month.

Quick Reply: What if there's an '08 RS ???