Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

PCCB no longer Available for MY07

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 07:09 PM
Polar Peter
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too much BS from too many people. Just stick with the topics and respect one another.

I love the PCCB's and feel bad for those that cannot get them. There are sweet!!!
Attached Images  
Old 04-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by pdxjim
stoppie, is there a weight savings with the PCCB's? ps. I appreciate your information and insight.
LOL- Thanks.

I'm sure there is, I look into how much exactly for you- if 'someone' else would like to chime in here....by all means....
Old 04-12-2007, 09:04 PM
pranqster
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Stoppie

I have not seen you post like this before. I like what you have posted in the past. Just tell people to look at your other posts. Colm adds a lot to this forum as do you. The reason MJones got some queries back is because for a very long time he has taken the time to provide meaningful thoughtful dialouge. He has taken time to research items that others have not. I respect most of your posts as I do his. But please do not snap back at people. You gain creditability over a long period of time. You can lose it with two or three posts.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:56 PM
whakiewes
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pranqster
You gain creditability over a long period of time. You can lose it with two or three posts.
I couldn't agree more. Back in my hayday of buying and selling car parts...and cars, I went through probably $200,000 in various parts, and probably 5000 sales easy. I always had great feedback, on top of everything, well respected, honest. I messed up once and now in certain realms I am banned from buying/selling.

The point of this thread was that PCCB would no longer be available for 2007. I too would be curious as to what the status will be for 2008. Whenever they switched from Gen1 to Gen2 during the 996 models, I was never aware of a lapse in product. I am sure there will be a memo before too long explaining why, but like I said before, I would venture to say that Porsche is so overwhelmed in Motorsports and mass client sales that 'bottom line' is being effected.

One thing that did baffle me though as I was reading thorugh this thread was that there are different sizes. The memo clearly says all PCCB, so 350 and 380mm versions. This seems odd to me, more so than production issues. Maybe a caliper redesign? I would also be curious for current 350mm PCCB owners, will rotors and parts still be available? Such as, if I was looking at a 2004 GT3 with Gen2, would I be able to purchase replacement parts?

Wes
Old 04-12-2007, 10:07 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Hey! Fellas! Let's not make this an Imus moment, OK?

Sweet Hay-Zeus! We're getting into minutae over someones compusivity with respect someone's obsession.

I'm going driving...
Old 04-12-2007, 10:50 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Exclamation

Originally Posted by pranqster
Stoppie

I have not seen you post like this before. I like what you have posted in the past. Just tell people to look at your other posts. Colm adds a lot to this forum as do you. The reason MJones got some queries back is because for a very long time he has taken the time to provide meaningful thoughtful dialouge. He has taken time to research items that others have not. I respect most of your posts as I do his. But please do not snap back at people. You gain creditability over a long period of time. You can lose it with two or three posts.

Thanks pranqster, I appreicate you looking out for me.

Colm and myself have squashed the bs. Fire is out.

...and I highly aggree about the credibilty part; it's understood!

Old 04-12-2007, 10:54 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by whakiewes
. I messed up once and now in certain realms I am banned from buying/selling.
Sorry to change topics; but .... ....?
Old 04-13-2007, 01:01 AM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

I've noticed that on average any thread that goes past about 3 pages(on any board) has usually evolved into a pissing match of some sort. I hadn't read this thread until now and sure enough
Old 04-13-2007, 01:58 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Stoppie, I'd highly recommend you tone it down a bit, always enjoyed you're posts in the past, not like you at all. Remember, the customer is always right, never get into a he said/she said online match, tends to come back and haunt you. These are all guys with 6-7 figure incomes with passion for their cars, all potential customers too. Just some friendly, free advice from a real doctor.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:22 AM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

+1... I'm going to chalk this up to a bad couple of days... Let's just move on and enjoy these amazing automobiles... Heck, I got married last summer and made sure that both my 911s were in the wedding pictures.... I must be crazy - in love!

-B
Old 04-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

See the above post's Gents. Fire's been put out a long time ago. But I appreciate you guys watching out for me, and keeping me in check.

Cheers.

Oh, and Thanks Dr!! (do I have a deductable? j/k! )
Old 04-16-2007, 05:09 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Guys, just quit your speculating! It's like a sewing circle of women. Just try not to read into a memo from PAG.

Quick Reply: PCCB no longer Available for MY07