Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

PCCB no longer Available for MY07

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Colm
Didn't anybody tell you (including your GM) that Porsche cut back production on the 997 for the rest of the year?.

Are you the "mushroom" in the Dealership?
Am I the 'mushroom'? Hardly.

Did you just wake up or did you completely miss the point I made? The Point my fine Porsche friend was and is, infact that, PORSCHE is slowing production on MANY models and WILL not hit that number our beloved PAG CEO has been quoted saying.

And fyi bud, I don't have to have my GM spood feed me information. My GM goes to me for information.

That fact might scare you, but the reality was, as I stated previously- I just didn't open up my pcnasource.com website and read the memo posted on the site about PCCB's- where I promptly apologized for opening my mouth and said "I'd eat crow" ....

We're human. Infact, any business is run by humans. We make mistakes. Can you show me a business run by humans that mistakes are NOT made?
Old 04-12-2007, 12:52 PM
mrpc12
Addict
Rennlist Member

Is it just me or has anybody else noticed that you can't read a thread on Rennlist anymore that isn't full of snippyness and downright personal attacks. Can't we all just get along.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:01 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
Because the new PAG CEO is quoted as saying that he wants to produce 30,000 911's in previous Christophorus Magazine- which anyone can have access to, DOES not mean they're going to hit that number. In fact, if you take this Quarter 4 numbers thus far- one would question where the heck he got that number from.
Okay--- let'em rip.
Well, in fact they have hit and passed the number you quoted.....
Overall, with 95,342 units, Porsche was able to increase deliveries to customers by six percent, with very satisfying distribution over all model series. The introduction of the all-wheel versions of the 911 and the new 911 Turbo toward the end of the fiscal year gave the model series a new impetus: it now accounts for 35 percent of the volume (33 percent in the previous year). With 33,088 units, we have never sold as many 911 models. In many markets, the 911 dominates in its market segment.
Thats from the 05/06 Annual Report
Old 04-12-2007, 01:13 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

.... My GM goes to me for information.
So what sources do you have that he doesn't? MJones and others on the internet. Your posts imply a lot about the your Dealership (glad I don't buy cars there).

Since your main purpose "lurking" here is to sell cars and influence potential customers, you might do well to remember that, lest some form an unfavorable impression. If they do, it might hurt your pocket book.

Yeah, I can predict the response....I don't need the money, .....blah,blah blah!
Old 04-12-2007, 01:50 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by MJones
Well, in fact they have hit and passed the number you quoted.....

Thats from the 05/06 Annual Report
Can you copy the entire page that says that? So I can see the entire reference?

If in Fiscal 2006 PCNA sold 13,249 911's in the NA market, and we recieve more then 50% of the worlds total production in all models- then wouldn't that number (13,249) make it a false statement? Meaning- that we DON'T recieve more then 50% of PAG's total production.

In Christophorus 324, page 14 ." Porsche exects sales of 911 alone to reach 36,000 (not 30,000 as i stated earlier- I stand corrected as that number came off the top of my head) in the current fiscal year. In Wiedeking's words: "We aren't growing quantitatively at the moment, but we certainly are growing qualitatively..."
Old 04-12-2007, 02:20 PM
ebanzero
Instructor

This is confirmed. My dealer in the Ny metro area just confirmed they got the memo about pccb's not being available on any cars that have not ordered them.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:35 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrpc12
Is it just me or has anybody else noticed that you can't read a thread on Rennlist anymore that isn't full of snippyness and downright personal attacks. Can't we all just get along.

Couldn't agree more. It is starting to suck.

When I was in school we had "gunners" who would go around arguing and "correcting" everyone else. Most of them acted out of insecurity, knowing they were not the best or brightest but felt agression made up for whatever else was lacking. A couple were quite bright too however.

Visit an engineering dept at a tech company and you'll see incessant intellectual pecking as well.

But here we have guys PO'ed at someone for something and then they come here to release pent-up agression. and of course we have some small children too. I'm not up for the Rodney King thing, but c'mon, can we cut the ****?
Old 04-12-2007, 03:26 PM
n2cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 234 Likes on 134 Posts

Talked to my dealer. My GT3 has a production # and is scheduled to be done May 4th. My dealer's gut feeling is that my car won't be delayed.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Colm
So what sources do you have that he doesn't? MJones and others on the internet. Your posts imply a lot about the your Dealership (glad I don't buy cars there).

Since your main purpose "lurking" here is to sell cars and influence potential customers, you might do well to remember that, lest some form an unfavorable impression. If they do, it might hurt your pocket book.

Yeah, I can predict the response....I don't need the money, .....blah,blah blah!
My 'main purpose' to be here is due to my love of Porsche's. Ask anyone that's purchased a car from me via Rennlist. Let them tell you their dealings w/me and my Dealership. That will give you some education on how I do business.

Selling Porsche's to fellow 'Listers is a secondary function of me being here, and a true bonus....not where I earn my main line of income. I joined Rennlist back before I came back into the car business- per my start date. And I pay dues like any reasonable member because I believe in giving to a site that has given me priceless amounts of information regarding my favorite brand of car AND truth be told- given me many new friends.

Yes, friends.

Anyone who's worth their Rennlist salt here on the 997 forums know that I don't talk like a guy who's egging for a sale- I talk like a true enthusiast. Because I AM!

THAT'S why I sell so many cars via rennlist. I'm one of the guys. That's it.

Mjones- is a guy who I readily respect. I got irritated at the fact that I made a mistake, he comes back and all the sudden it's "mjones this and mjones that" - it's not this guys fault he knows so much- but you wouldn't just take the word of a Non- Doctor over a Doctor would you- loose analogy I know- but you get the point. Not all dealers and Sales people are created equal- and I'm not one of the other shleps that MOST of us have encountered in the business. Some of you have even purchased cars from one of these less educated, non ethusiast shleps. ****, I'm sure we have a couple employed here at our dealership. But not me.

As stated (now 3 times) I opened my mouth, and mjones corrected me. I said "yeah, you're right! my bad".

-THAT'S why I apologized- you pompous jerk.

You Colm- I can honestly say- I could give two ****'s who you are, how you buy your cars, how many cars you buy. WHO really needs clients like you? Not me.

And you can quote me on that.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:00 PM
frayed
Race Car

Sidenote: I was having an offline chat with one of the Excellence editors a few days ago. I made the point that most of us here are probably have 95% in common, but the few percent not in common is what gets highlighted and argued about. I think the conflict in threads like this is just that. Much ado about nothing. Just my 0.02.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:14 PM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by allegretto
"gunners" who would go around arguing and "correcting" everyone else. Most of them acted out of insecurity, knowing they were not the best or brightest but felt agression made up for whatever else was lacking.
This is spot-on. Notice the 997 board, which is full of threads that have devolved into shouting matches full of personal attacks. I'm convinced that these people probably aren't bad people; they just have lots of free time to waste on Rennlist and like provoking others.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:32 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

stoppie, is there a weight savings with the PCCB's? ps. I appreciate your information and insight.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:50 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 'main purpose' to be here is due to my love of Porsche's. Ask anyone that's purchased a car from me via Rennlist. Let them tell you their dealings w/me and my Dealership. That will give you some education on how I do business.

Selling Porsche's to fellow 'Listers is a secondary function of me being here, and a true bonus....not where I earn my main line of income. I joined Rennlist back before I came back into the car business- per my start date. And I pay dues like any reasonable member because I believe in giving to a site that has given me priceless amounts of information regarding my favorite brand of car AND truth be told- given me many new friends.

Yes, friends.

Anyone who's worth their Rennlist salt here on the 997 forums know that I don't talk like a guy who's egging for a sale- I talk like a true enthusiast. Because I AM!

Mjones- is a guy who I readily respect. I got irritated at the fact that I made a mistake, he comes back and all the sudden it's "mjones this and mjones that" - it's not this guys fault he knows so much- but you wouldn't just take the word of a Non- Doctor over a Doctor would you- loose analogy I know- but you get the point. Not all dealers and Sales people are created equal- and I'm not one of the other shleps that MOST of us have encountered in the business. Some of you have even purchased cars from one of these less educated, non ethusiast shleps. ****, I'm sure we have a couple employed here at our dealership. But not me.

As stated (now 3 times) I opened my mouth, and mjones corrected me. I said "yeah, you're right! my bad".

You Colm- I can honestly say- I could give two ****'s who you are, how you buy your cars, how many cars you buy. WHO really needs clients like you? Not me.

LOL, the King of cars of the mighty cornfields has spoken.

How come a busy superstar like you has time to write endless essay's on the net instead of hustling or has it something to do with that selling a couple of cars a month once every blue moon does not take your entire time ?

BTW, I was told that you used your P car business cards to impress girls . Is that true ?
Old 04-12-2007, 06:31 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yes, friends.

Stoppie as an employee of a Porsche Franchise:

1. It is generally not a good idea to publically berate any Porsche Clients (control and professionalism). Your GM might not like that, or PCNA for that matter. Doesn't reflect well on you.

2. It is generally not a good idea to publically anounce that you "educate" your GM on all things Porsche. Your GM will not like that, and PCNA will not either. Doesn't reflect well on the Franchise you know.

3. It is certainly not a good idea to display bravado and act like you don't need Clients. Your existing and potential Customers might get to thinking that you are making too much money of them, and begin shopping around. The Franchise might also think that you're overstepping your authority and keeping business away.

Since you are not going to be selling me cars, thank you for the personality analysis and saving me some "shrink" fees. Oh wait! Dang it...What was that loose analogy about a non-Doctor (above)? Oh well, my medical premiums are paid up.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by pole position
LOL, the King of cars of the mighty cornfields has spoken.

How come a busy superstar like you has time to write endless essay's on the net instead of hustling or has it something to do with that selling a couple of cars a month once every blue moon does not take your entire time ?

BTW, I was told that you used your P car business cards to impress girls . Is that true ?
This coming from the the 'OG' of Super Star -putting peoples lights out' top producer scmuck himself. How ironic.

P car business cards.....good one. You're about as classy as summer break.

Quick Reply: PCCB no longer Available for MY07