Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

PCCB no longer Available for MY07

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 07:54 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Any idea as to how long the delay might be on one in the pipeline??
Old 04-11-2007, 08:11 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
Okay, well now. I stand corrected! That's what I get for not opening up my pcnasource and looking at my daily memo's!

Gotta eat crow on that one!
Now ya learn...MJones knows his stuff!
Old 04-11-2007, 10:04 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MJones
Due to heavy demand, Porsche has advised that option 450 (Ceramic Composite Brakes-PCCB) will no longer be available on new orders for the remainder of model year 2007.

Existing orders with option 450 will not be affected but may be delayed in production due to supply issues of this option.

Guess demand has exceeded supply...

MJones; do you think this will eventually affect the July cars as well or do you feel that it will be corrected by then? Would hate to wait even longer than I already have to
Old 04-11-2007, 10:16 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Almost every "exotic" or "supercar" manufacturer is now attempting to provide ceramic brakes as the new gold standard. No question the marketplace now accepts this as a Must Have option. I for one 'am not the least surprised that there is a near-term supply/demand imbalance. Just as disc brakes replaced the old drums, so will ceramics replace steels and over time, as production ramps up, the cost of replacing ceramics will come down too.

Hope that all of you who have orders in the pipeline don't have your production delayed.

Cheers!
Old 04-11-2007, 10:16 PM
pranqster
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

MJones

Do you have any idea whether the pro forma counts as an order? If it is in their system (mine is a May production car) does that mean it is subject to the delay or that it will not be available?
Old 04-11-2007, 11:21 PM
n2cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 234 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by pranqster
MJones

Do you have any idea whether the pro forma counts as an order? If it is in their system (mine is a May production car) does that mean it is subject to the delay or that it will not be available?
+1
Mine is a May 4th production. I'm wondering too.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:31 PM
whakiewes
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My understanding from reading the document is that all currently placed orders will be filled. If you walked into the dealership today though and tried to a new GT3 with PCCB, but option would not be available. So all pre-ordered cars for the MY07 are fulfilled. No NEW orders will be taken. Make sense? Any body with a production completion date has an ordered placed with PAG and should be fulfilled. They aren't out of stock now, but they will be by the switch of the model year in August.

Wes
Old 04-11-2007, 11:47 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whakiewes
...... They aren't out of stock now, but they will be by the switch of the model year in August.

Wes
Maybe there is a change in specification for 08, causing the current production cut back, and they will be back in stock for 08 or sooner.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:51 PM
frayed
Race Car

perhaps, but isn't porsche the king of running changes during a production cycle?
Old 04-12-2007, 12:09 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yes, but a running change can cause a "blip" in current delivieries (ramp up issues). That's why I suggest that they will be available for MY 08 cars (or sooner) whatever models they are, not unavaiilable as was proposed.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:14 AM
GT3Canuck
AutoX

Can someone please post the 'Vehicle Distribution Bulletin 24/2007' for those of us who aren't privy to this information.

I presently have a GT3 (including PCCB) on order with a build date of May 30th. My order (options) were submitted to Porsche on March 5th with the order being finalized on March 30th. I haven't heard anything back from my dealer however would prefer to have a bit more insight into this situation before I call them up and ask if everything is still on track..so to speak.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:54 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

MJ, a little off topic, but you seem to know all....
Mine is being built now, ? done Friday, is there any way I can follow the status myself? Shipping, etc?
TIA
CH
Old 04-12-2007, 11:13 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Only PAG knows the full answer.....

I would say that anyone with a Proforma that has an Order Status of MFGCNF (Assigned a Production Number) should be OK.

Interesting to note that this Distribution Bulletin covers 997 & 987 and taking this a bit further PCCB for Turbo and GT's are a bit different, hole drilling, etc. and Larger front rotors 380mm vs 350mm.

The whats and whys will remain a mystery........
Old 04-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Red face

Mjones- since you seem to be the know all, should I forward all production questions, shipping schedules and ordering questions to you?

Why doesn't PAG or PCNA just hire you out right? Seems like the proper thing to do.

Oh wait, you don't work for PAG or PCNA....

So you have access to the same information as I do.

That's what I thought.

Some of you guys kill me.

PAG and PCNA sometimes don't even know EXACTLY. Don't you guys get that?

IF your car was a Chevy Cobalt- built where ever the hell that **** box is built- i"m sure they can tell you EXACTLY when your particular car will be built because it's COMPLETELY automated.

Building a 911 is not. Products, materials, unforseen acts of God and Vendors sometimes have issues with supply and demand- and even THEN what PAG does and says can be 180 Degrees different from eachother.

Because the new PAG CEO is quoted as saying that he wants to produce 30,000 911's in previous Christophorus Magazine- which anyone can have access to, DOES not mean they're going to hit that number. In fact, if you take this Quarter 4 numbers thus far- one would question where the heck he got that number from.

Okay--- let'em rip.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:00 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Didn't anybody tell you (including your GM) that Porsche cut back production on the 997 for the rest of the year?.

Are you the "mushroom" in the Dealership?

Quick Reply: PCCB no longer Available for MY07