RS for sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 11:22 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pole position
Dear Mooty,

Let me give you a little fact based info, not net hearsay.

Most deposits are a grand, maybe two or five. Some are only cc deposits which can be disputed at any time. Some dealers require double digit deposits and that really weeds out the talkers from the doer's because you might be out of ten to twenty G's for 6-12 months......also you usually get a receipt and sometimes it states "AT MSRP" but no vin or order ref #. Now if you get bumped or the dealership returns the money your legal recourse is severly limited and any chance to actually make it into a courtroom are slim to none and if I would be a betting man , would take none.

If you have in fact a pro forma in hand with your name /order ref # on it it gets tricky. Your chance in court improve slightly but not by much.

On example, I let you figure out the names : in the mid nineties a customer ordered a car to his spec w/pro forma bla.bla and never received it due to market demand...........from the current top dealership on the West coast. said customer ,after several years of legal manouvering went to court and battled both Pcna /dealership and lost convincingly in front of a jury.......fact not fiction.
Interesting little disclaimer I just found on my Pro Forma Invoices for the base GT3 and the RS

..."all information in this document is subject to change w/o notice. PCNA and PAG accept not liability arising from the information contained herein.

Only the actual invoice issued by PCNA at the time this vehicle is purchased by the dealer may be used as an official indication of pricing
..."

WOW...seems that we can infact be SOL at the dealer's discretion? Fortunately, my dealer is a standup guy.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:25 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by leif997
Interesting little disclaimer I just found on my Pro Forma Invoices for the base GT3 and the RS

..."all information in this document is subject to change w/o notice. PCNA and PAG accept not liability arising from the information contained herein.

Only the actual invoice issued by PCNA at the time this vehicle is purchased by the dealer may be used as an official indication of pricing
..."

WOW...seems that we can infact be SOL at the dealer's discretion? Fortunately, my dealer is a standup guy.
no, leif, you are NOT SOL.
the actual invoice issued by PCNA to the dealer will not be 20-30k over what the "expected" msrp. and i dont think we would have a prob if PCNA had to deviate a bit from orig MSRP for some reason. however, the disclaimer you stated does NOT allow dealer to add mkt adj. no worries.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:30 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mooty
no, leif, you are NOT SOL.
the actual invoice issued by PCNA to the dealer will not be 20-30k over what the "expected" msrp. and i dont think we would have a prob if PCNA had to deviate a bit from orig MSRP for some reason. however, the disclaimer you stated does NOT allow dealer to add mkt adj. no worries.
thanks Mooty; not that I am sweating it, but it is always good to know that all well during this incredible wait....can't help but get paranoid sometimes with the trolls stomping around.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:32 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

..."

Leif - at the end of the day it's really upto the dealer how he wants to conduct his business. IMO, the smart ones likely see value in the "my word is my bond" school of life and do business accordingly...and then there are some who for quick, short-term profits may risk their reputations by not following the honor system. Each to his own. But they all know, or should know, their business lives and dies with their reputations.

No amount of fine print is likely to either deter or motivate a dealer from any potential reneg on an agreement with a customer. I too 'am fortunate to have a standup dealer...heck that's why I do business with him.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:28 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mooty
i am well aware that the usual deposit is $1k and for some preferred customers no deposit is required. i personally know of someone who buys every "low" production porsches made. he doen'st drive it, he just buys them (dont ask me why, i dont know). the understanding b/n him and the dealership is that he gets one of every "candy" that's worth owning. and without deposit , he gets all of them.

in my mind, the way i do business, the deposit is a courtesy, it is meaningless. it is a formality. you can tell me verbally, write it on paper or give me a 20 page contract with 85 witnesses... they are all pretty much formality to ME. my words carry some wt and i expect ppl i do business with also treat their words with respect. say if you and i made an agreement, we know we made an agreement and if **** hits the fence, we know who fk'd whom. the victim will only be fk'd once. victim will seek revenge, economically or otherwise.

RS is a car, but it should be treated as just like anything else. principles must be held intact.

the examples i stated are facts (the large deposits)
i am sure you are speaking of facts as well and i dont dispute it.
thus for me, personally, i usually refuse to put any deposit at all. in the RS case, i decided to show my dealer that i am committed and paid the higher than normal deposit after i have pro forma invoice and a purchase stating RS at msrp. while it is true without VIN, a law suit would be difficult. but do not underestimate the power of today's internet. in the 90's, internet is at its infancy. if say 5-10 ppl are fk'd by the same dealer, new will get out. porsche customer pool is not all that large. when words starts to fly around, things get ugly.

here in nor cal, many of us know where a car came from, who's the org dealer, how it traded hands b/n dealers or individual, at or above or below msrp. several of these ppl are on this board and just dont say much to the public (you know who you are ;-)... unfair practices will be noticed. now i am not saying profits cannot be made, but it has to be made legit.

i dont have the resources nor the boredom to fight with PAG or BH porsche and i dont do business with BH. but dont be surprised that are some ppl who are extremely bored and will take issues when the are treated unfairly through legal means or not. i know plenty of groups that belive they ARE the legal system
The case went to court in this century...........with the net already in full swing.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:59 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

thanks Mooty; not that I am sweating it, but it is always good to know that all well during this incredible wait....can't help but get paranoid sometimes with the trolls stomping around.

i know what u mean.
i go from paranoid to irritated and pissed off, LOL.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:01 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by pole position
The case went to court in this century...........with the net already in full swing.
clearly the victim didn't use the net well. most of rennlisters and porsche nut community is not aware of such.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:12 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by McKenna Porsche
everything is very simple, do not deal with bad dealerships or salespeople, why don't you guys create a some kind of rating system for the dealers and salespeople you dealt with in the past, so anyone can look at it and not to deal w/bad guys? open a new thread and i send the link to all my customers to rate me and the dealership i work for.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:36 PM
jimhuber
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tagheuer
LOL. Mckenna told me the same thing about a "premium"...except it was going to 100k over. I don't know what they're smoking but good luck with that.

I have been looking for another build spot for the RS. The only action I can find is at Mckenna in CA.. The dealer has a white RS and wants 50K over and I think I might buy because it seams that the car is not going to be made for the next year and demand is as strong as death. The sticker of the white RS is around 150K so 200K plus tax and fees. Not as steep as the RUF mentioned in another thread. I will post he spec. when the e mail comes from the dealership.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:05 PM
1whobuys
Advanced

Originally Posted by jimhuber
I have been looking for another build spot for the RS. The only action I can find is at Mckenna in CA.. The dealer has a white RS and wants 50K over and I think I might buy because it seams that the car is not going to be made for the next year and demand is as strong as death. The sticker of the white RS is around 150K so 200K plus tax and fees. Not as steep as the RUF mentioned in another thread. I will post he spec. when the e mail comes from the dealership.

So Jim you may be right, some dumbass might pay $50,000.00 over sticker for a GT3 RS...gee, why did I doubt your wisdom?!
Old 01-23-2007, 12:06 AM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

^ ....self fulfilling prophesy......
Old 01-23-2007, 12:44 AM
grussell
Pro

The white one is 143,755 and they want more than 50k over.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:20 AM
stuka
Pro

Originally Posted by grussell
I don't get it! just buy a GT3 for 115k and you will have 99% the car. add a few bits and I would be surprised if you didn't have a better car. Why spend 200k? what a joke!
Mandatory sunroof is teh suck.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:25 AM
stuka
Pro

Originally Posted by Jon70
IMO, no currently produced Porsche is or ever will be worth more than MSRP. $50K over list is pure lunacy.
Some dealers don't remember the 993 bad old days.

With the housing market the way it is, the HELOC ATM drying up, who do you think will be buying uncomfortable as hell, stick only, louder than a jackhammer, crappy stereo RS?

No production P car is worth over MSRP. Porsche will be more than meets the demand. Just look at what heppened to the value of Turbo's, GT2's, and GT3's.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:29 AM
Paul523
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From the sublime to the ridiculous.... Jim- ya know there's this exiled trillionaire Nigerian crown prince who wants to wire transfer a GT3RS deposit into YOUR bank account...

The first couple of unsold cars to arrive in NA will go for stupid money-- don't be THAT guy. It is a glorious car but the RS is not an RSR or a CGT, it is a 6-cylinder na street car - no way it holds a shadow of that $ price a year from now. Enjoy the win you scored with your msrp deal. Original owner attrition will begin when some of the less committed owners start chewing up tire sets after 4K highway miles..... just my unsolicited opinion as usu.

Quick Reply: RS for sale