Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

RS for sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 06:42 PM
jimhuber
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by McKenna Porsche
if this does not make any logic to you, then i would recommend you to test your IQ
best regards
You my friend have walked past the line of friendly conversation. I need say no more. All things seak level ground and you will find yours.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:44 PM
jimhuber
Racer

Hm, i've never thought about this. Do dealers actually do this or its just a hypothetical example?

Chicken. Come out and play?
Old 01-20-2007, 07:02 PM
frayed
Race Car

There's no godamn way McKenna is for real. I'll call McKenna on Monday and let them know some jackass is screwing around on here.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:36 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,451 Likes on 2,055 Posts

That is NOT a real employee from the dealership. It's some troll just winding everyone up.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:44 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,784 Likes on 2,371 Posts

Hm, i've never thought about this. Do dealers actually do this or its just a hypothetical example?
no, dealers dont do that.
this is an example illustrating the logic why gov't dont have laws allowing dealer to refund customers money at will.
you clearly do not follow this line of logic neither do you have enough business acumen if you haven't even thougt this.

Last edited by mooty; 01-20-2007 at 08:28 PM.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:08 PM
krC2S
Racer

Originally Posted by M3Pete
That is NOT a real employee from the dealership. It's some troll just winding everyone up.
+1
Old 01-20-2007, 08:36 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mooty
how long have you been in sales? two days?
i does'nt matter how much RS is worth here, in taiwan, in sg, in UAE or on mars. what matters is the agreed upon price. if you and i agreed to pay $10M for RS, then you have every right to sell it to me at $10M. if you and i agreed to msrp, that is what i will pay not 1/2 cent more.

do you understand the concept of a contract? these are binding, legal instruments. if the seller is as bored as i am, i would even go sue the dealership and take them down.
Dear Mooty,

Let me give you a little fact based info, not net hearsay.

Most deposits are a grand, maybe two or five. Some are only cc deposits which can be disputed at any time. Some dealers require double digit deposits and that really weeds out the talkers from the doer's because you might be out of ten to twenty G's for 6-12 months......also you usually get a receipt and sometimes it states "AT MSRP" but no vin or order ref #. Now if you get bumped or the dealership returns the money your legal recourse is severly limited and any chance to actually make it into a courtroom are slim to none and if I would be a betting man , would take none.

If you have in fact a pro forma in hand with your name /order ref # on it it gets tricky. Your chance in court improve slightly but not by much.

On example, I let you figure out the names : in the mid nineties a customer ordered a car to his spec w/pro forma bla.bla and never received it due to market demand...........from the current top dealership on the West coast. said customer ,after several years of legal manouvering went to court and battled both Pcna /dealership and lost convincingly in front of a jury.......fact not fiction.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:23 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,784 Likes on 2,371 Posts

Originally Posted by pole position
Dear Mooty,

Let me give you a little fact based info, not net hearsay.

Most deposits are a grand, maybe two or five. Some are only cc deposits which can be disputed at any time. Some dealers require double digit deposits and that really weeds out the talkers from the doer's because you might be out of ten to twenty G's for 6-12 months......also you usually get a receipt and sometimes it states "AT MSRP" but no vin or order ref #. Now if you get bumped or the dealership returns the money your legal recourse is severly limited and any chance to actually make it into a courtroom are slim to none and if I would be a betting man , would take none.

If you have in fact a pro forma in hand with your name /order ref # on it it gets tricky. Your chance in court improve slightly but not by much.

On example, I let you figure out the names : in the mid nineties a customer ordered a car to his spec w/pro forma bla.bla and never received it due to market demand...........from the current top dealership on the West coast. said customer ,after several years of legal manouvering went to court and battled both Pcna /dealership and lost convincingly in front of a jury.......fact not fiction.

i am well aware that the usual deposit is $1k and for some preferred customers no deposit is required. i personally know of someone who buys every "low" production porsches made. he doen'st drive it, he just buys them (dont ask me why, i dont know). the understanding b/n him and the dealership is that he gets one of every "candy" that's worth owning. and without deposit , he gets all of them.

in my mind, the way i do business, the deposit is a courtesy, it is meaningless. it is a formality. you can tell me verbally, write it on paper or give me a 20 page contract with 85 witnesses... they are all pretty much formality to ME. my words carry some wt and i expect ppl i do business with also treat their words with respect. say if you and i made an agreement, we know we made an agreement and if **** hits the fence, we know who fk'd whom. the victim will only be fk'd once. victim will seek revenge, economically or otherwise.

RS is a car, but it should be treated as just like anything else. principles must be held intact.

the examples i stated are facts (the large deposits)
i am sure you are speaking of facts as well and i dont dispute it.
thus for me, personally, i usually refuse to put any deposit at all. in the RS case, i decided to show my dealer that i am committed and paid the higher than normal deposit after i have pro forma invoice and a purchase stating RS at msrp. while it is true without VIN, a law suit would be difficult. but do not underestimate the power of today's internet. in the 90's, internet is at its infancy. if say 5-10 ppl are fk'd by the same dealer, new will get out. porsche customer pool is not all that large. when words starts to fly around, things get ugly.

here in nor cal, many of us know where a car came from, who's the org dealer, how it traded hands b/n dealers or individual, at or above or below msrp. several of these ppl are on this board and just dont say much to the public (you know who you are ;-)... unfair practices will be noticed. now i am not saying profits cannot be made, but it has to be made legit.

i dont have the resources nor the boredom to fight with PAG or BH porsche and i dont do business with BH. but dont be surprised that are some ppl who are extremely bored and will take issues when the are treated unfairly through legal means or not. i know plenty of groups that belive they ARE the legal system
Old 01-20-2007, 10:40 PM
1whobuys
Advanced

Originally Posted by ///Mous3
can anyone check the IP domain where that post was originated? If it was original, this is the best time to voice how we feel about the "Market Adjustment" bs!
Are you one of those who try to stop such deals... what a hypocrite!
You go ahead and let them know how you feel about the BS....
Old 01-20-2007, 10:52 PM
jimhuber
Racer

Originally Posted by 1whobuys
Are you one of those who try to stop such deals... what a hypocrite!
You go ahead and let them know how you feel about the BS....
? What?
Old 01-20-2007, 11:04 PM
McKenna Porsche
Track Day

Originally Posted by jimhuber
Chicken. Come out and play?
i will play, what game do you want to play? i'm in.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:08 PM
jimhuber
Racer

i will play, what game do you want to play? i'm in.
Lets play the who is full of **** game. You win you get my RS. I win you buy me my RS. Lets go.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:17 PM
McKenna Porsche
Track Day

Originally Posted by mooty
how long have you been in sales? two days?
i does'nt matter how much RS is worth here, in taiwan, in sg, in UAE or on mars. what matters is the agreed upon price. if you and i agreed to pay $10M for RS, then you have every right to sell it to me at $10M. if you and i agreed to msrp, that is what i will pay not 1/2 cent more.

do you understand the concept of a contract? these are binding, legal instruments. if the seller is as bored as i am, i would even go sue the dealership and take them down.
everything is very simple, do not deal with bad dealerships or salespeople, why don't you guys create a some kind of rating system for the dealers and salespeople you dealt with in the past, so anyone can look at it and not to deal w/bad guys? open a new thread and i send the link to all my customers to rate me and the dealership i work for.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:18 PM
McKenna Porsche
Track Day

Originally Posted by jimhuber
Lets play the who is full of **** game. You win you get my RS. I win you buy me my RS. Lets go.
i would prefer chess (to test your logic)
Old 01-20-2007, 11:20 PM
McKenna Porsche
Track Day

i would prefer chess (to test your logic)
and to win your RS

Quick Reply: RS for sale