Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

RS for sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 10:29 PM
jimhuber
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by McKenna Porsche
you guys are not fair to mckenna porsche, yes we do mark up hot cars, but it is very reasonable: $5k over for GT3, $10k over for Turbo and $50k over for GT3-RS, we do not kick out customers from the waiting least, and those who put a deposit on a car get what they order. so, please be fair
Do you really think this car is worth 50k over MSRP. And if so, why?
Old 01-19-2007, 10:55 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 28 Posts

IMO, no currently produced Porsche is or ever will be worth more than MSRP. $50K over list is pure lunacy.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:09 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you guys are not fair to mckenna porsche, yes we do mark up hot cars, but it is very reasonable: $5k over for GT3, $10k over for Turbo and $50k over for GT3-RS, we do not kick out customers from the waiting least, and those who put a deposit on a car get what they order. so, please be fair
hey *******...be fair and sell cars at MSRP ,********
Old 01-19-2007, 11:13 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

I think that reply was a troll... can anyone check the IP domain where that post was originated? If it was original, this is the best time to voice how we feel about the "Market Adjustment" bs!
Old 01-19-2007, 11:16 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Wink Do you really need the reason?

Originally Posted by jimhuber
Do you really think this car is worth 50k over MSRP. And if so, why?
"There is a price for every seat"
Reason? Isn't that call the Law of Supply and Demand?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand
Old 01-19-2007, 11:17 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 28 Posts

Statements like that are only hurting your business. If what you state above are your actual business practices, they are best left unsaid instead of advertising them on the web for all to see.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:23 PM
Moving Chicane
Intermediate

If a dealer takes a deposit for a car like the RS where they may only get 3 allocated then the purchasing party should be able to spec as they wish and any amount over MSRP desired by the dealer should be known up front. Otherwise, the dealer should not take the deposit from anyone and when they get their 3 RS's, they can sell them for what the market will bear. No one is putting a gun to anyones head.

But when the RS is nearing $200,000.00, I'd start looking at F-Cars. Just my .02.

Quick question... how many of the RS's will see track time? Or are they being purchased as a collectors car for later?
Old 01-20-2007, 12:50 AM
Paul523
Pro

you guys are not fair to mckenna porsche, yes we do mark up hot cars, but it is very reasonable: $5k over for GT3, $10k over for Turbo and $50k over for GT3-RS
Unbelievable... tacky. What a waste of a dealer franchise.
Sorry but I read this & I can't shake this image-
Attached Images  
Old 01-20-2007, 12:52 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,784 Likes on 2,371 Posts

Originally Posted by Moving Chicane
Quick question... how many of the RS's will see track time? Or are they being purchased as a collectors car for later?
there is a poll on this somewhere in this forum.

no modern porsche is "collectable"... not even CGT.
if collecting for future appreciation is the intend, try enzo or maybe mclaren F1, dont drive them, wait for 15 years. maybe you have a chance.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:04 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

I love it, some posters would buy property,stock etc etc and would be bragging from here to Fu**town that they flipped it the next day to some sucker for a killing but OMG a dealer is making a few bucks off some well heeled guys who gonna put it in their garage and wax it, and please no "track" talk, lol, on every board there are all those racers but in Internationial Motorsport NorthAmerican drivers are almost a non factor, I wonder why.

Yeah, it would be also totally cool with some of the whiners to buy a hot car for MSRP and reselling it for a max profit and citing" medical reasons , the wife does not like" or other associated nonsense for cashing out, talking about double standards.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:31 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,784 Likes on 2,371 Posts

Originally Posted by pole position
I love it, some posters would buy property,stock etc etc and would be bragging from here to Fu**town that they flipped it the next day to some sucker for a killing but OMG a dealer is making a few bucks off some well heeled guys who gonna put it in their garage and wax it, and please no "track" talk, lol, on every board there are all those racers but in Internationial Motorsport NorthAmerican drivers are almost a non factor, I wonder why.

Yeah, it would be also totally cool with some of the whiners to buy a hot car for MSRP and reselling it for a max profit and citing" medical reasons , the wife does not like" or other associated nonsense for cashing out, talking about double standards.
i have no problem if someone or some dealer wants to sell something at some price. if the seller and buyer agree on the terms, hell, they can sell RS for 20 million for all i care.

what some of us are saying is that some dealers had promised certain customers to sell at msrp and took their deposit. when said dealer realized that it's a hot car, they reneg on the promise and 1) you can have msrp if you optioned it up to $x, 2) it is no longer msrp, you can have it but you pay $x over, or 3) your deposit will be returned b/c we, the dealers, decided to keep the allocation for ourself. anyone of the above three scenarios are breaking a promise/contract. that to me, is not how business should be done.

of course, if i AGREED to paying a dealer at the time i made my deposit that i am willing to pay $x over, then THAT'S the agreement, thus i see no problem regardless of the price.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:50 AM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

I agree with mooty.

We are talking about cases where an agreement with a retail customer was broken by a Porsche delaership.

Other than that the dealerships are entitled to sell the cars for market price.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:38 AM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

then why doesnt porsche just refuse to set an MSRP and let the public bid on cars. just like your real estate example cars in certain areas would command more than cars in other areas. why not just have open bids on everything you ever buy? some things should have a set price from the manufacturer and let the chips fall where they may once the product has been sold to the public
Old 01-20-2007, 05:47 PM
McKenna Porsche
Track Day

M.S.R.P. stands for Manufacturer Sugested Retail Price guys, there is one thing i wanted to add: all deposits on cars are 100% refundable by Law, what are we gonna do with the car that you ordered your way and then desided to back up before the delivery(especially if its a wierd combination)? who's gonna lose money and eat losses? Bad Dealer, hu? Especially in RS case, i will go with everything that you want to put on the car, but i will also make sure that you are putting a big deposit down. By the way $1k or $2k deposits on hot cars is BS, get ready for some kind of ......
Old 01-20-2007, 05:54 PM
jimhuber
Racer

M.S.R.P. stands for Manufacturer Sugested Retail Price guys, there is one thing i wanted to add: all deposits on cars are 100% refundable by Law, what are we gonna do with the car that you ordered your way and then desided to back up before the delivery(especially if its a wierd combination)? who's gonna lose money and eat losses? Bad Dealer, hu? Especially in RS case, i will go with everything that you want to put on the car, but i will also make sure that you are putting a big deposit down. By the way $1k or $2k deposits on hot cars is BS, get ready for some kind of ......
OK, I have a deposit down and wil recevie my dealers only RS. I am paying MSRP. Do you really think this car is worth over MSRP, and if so why? I can order the car any way I want. It is my car. So, tell us all your Some Kind Of ....? Make some logic.

Quick Reply: RS for sale