Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

More dealer BS re: GT3RS

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 09:01 PM
KA
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More dealer BS re: GT3RS

Here is a rundown of some of the same old BS we are starting to hear from dealers regarding the RS.

My dealer got 2 allocations for the RS and I am number 2 with a $1k deposit down. The GM indicated that he has already ordered the first car...Orange, Nav and a bunch of other useless crap, price came to $150k and some change, he even showed me the order specs. Now here is the kicker, according to him he is not allowed to sell that car until Porsche allows him too? What kind of BS is that? That means the 1st person on the list will be able to spec his car and unless they get another allocation, I "may" (not sure) get to buy the car he spec'd out.

He also mentioned something about there being closer to 300 cars coming, and that there will be another round of allocations? Anybody hear anything about this? Is there anything I can do, because this just smell wrong to me. Thanks for letting me rant.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:10 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Actually I heard to the contrary...some allocations are being revoked!! I can not confirm this at all...so as far as I'm concerned it's just bull****...****ers are trying all kinds of crazy ****!
Old 12-07-2006, 10:39 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by KA
Here is a rundown of some of the same old BS we are starting to hear from dealers regarding the RS.

My dealer got 2 allocations for the RS and I am number 2 with a $1k deposit down. The GM indicated that he has already ordered the first car...Orange, Nav and a bunch of other useless crap, price came to $150k and some change, he even showed me the order specs. Now here is the kicker, according to him he is not allowed to sell that car until Porsche allows him too? What kind of BS is that? That means the 1st person on the list will be able to spec his car and unless they get another allocation, I "may" (not sure) get to buy the car he spec'd out.

He also mentioned something about there being closer to 300 cars coming, and that there will be another round of allocations? Anybody hear anything about this? Is there anything I can do, because this just smell wrong to me. Thanks for letting me rant.
Sounds to me like he's trying to shake you off and gouge someone over MSRP. Either way, you're better finding another dealership if possible.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:48 PM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Depending on how he worded it, he is actually right. No dealer can actually sell a car before the launch date. They can take deposits though. One of my local Porsche dealers received their first 2 997 Turbos a week before the launch date. Although they may have deposits on them, Porsche will not allow them to release the cars before the launch date. One sat in the showroom for a week and the other was tucked inside out back.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:20 PM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Just have your legal consel call them tomorrow. Thats the only thing they understand.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:29 PM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

I must say that I just saw all this same bull**** with the z06. Everbody bitching and moning about the same thing. It gets old pretty fast.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:13 AM
TT Gasman
Drifting

The way these dealers are behaving I would not get an RS at this time, get a GT3 and wait till the RS demand subsides. Something tells me Porsche will start cranking them out just enough to oversaturate the market. WW is very greedy.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:30 AM
jchop
Track Day

Reputable dealers will not/cannot sell a new car over MSRP its a violation of their dealer agreement with the manufacturer. Previously titled/pre-owned cars are not subject to this restriction.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:08 AM
jchop
Track Day

..........Thats been my experience ayway. 7 years in the business. After reading more here I am wondering how naive I am.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:28 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ 996
The way these dealers are behaving I would not get an RS at this time, get a GT3 and wait till the RS demand subsides. Something tells me Porsche will start cranking them out just enough to oversaturate the market. WW is very greedy.
Agree, the writings on the wall, they'll make as many as they can sell. Why not?

Quick Reply: More dealer BS re: GT3RS