Garage Remodel Stuff

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 11:07 PM
GT3CAR
Needs to Get a Life
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Garage Remodel Stuff

I live in an older house (1947) that has a one car garage where I keep my car parked. I decided to remodel the garage in anticipation of the new car arriving soon. I am using products from The Complete Garage. They sell some great wall panels that are proving to be very useful. Once it is all done I will post some pics. Has anyone used products from The Complete Garage? Specifically, I was going to buy the grid floor covering that they sell but I am wondering how it will do with hot tires. It does not come with any kind of warranty statement.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:30 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You're right to question the flooring and note the tyre is the most volatile and reactive chemical on a modern vehicle, so it will permanently mark any surface not designed to resist its smirch.

Coincidentally, I was traveling recently and wandering past a "complete garage" place but wasn't impressed by their in-store display. I want a garage that can't trap dust above or under shelves and cabinets. I also want to be able to scrub the floor and hose it out without water getting trapped or grit accumulating around furniture legs/feet etc. And I want the tool drawers to be at least as hefty as Snap-on/MAC etc. It's a bit of a yawn, but the best total garage stuff I've seen so far as the high-end Craftsman stuff which was on display at a local Sears for a while. Double roller drawers, heavy gauge metal cabinets, sealed against dust and critters. Very nice stuff. Crazy prices for a "store" brand, but so it goes.

Quick Reply: Garage Remodel Stuff