Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

RS 3.8 to RS 4.0 Suspension Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2024, 05:03 PM
SR20Fastback
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by craina
I have the Ohlins R+T on my 996 gt3. Lets you have your cake and eat it too. More compliant than stock on the street and when you crank them up they handle the occasional track day quite well. The single **** is perfect for suspension neanderthals like myself.

That said, they have a pretty narrow rebuild interval especially if tracked. Whenever mine need a rebuild I will probably try something else for no good reason other than variety.

Just curious but is the adjustment **** on the very bottom center of the strut like it was on my old ones? That is one advantage the TTX has in my book. I would have to disconnect my tie rods to adjust the compression/rebound on them which got annoying
Old 01-18-2024, 05:58 PM
craina
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by SR20Fastback
Just curious but is the adjustment **** on the very bottom center of the strut like it was on my old ones? That is one advantage the TTX has in my book. I would have to disconnect my tie rods to adjust the compression/rebound on them which got annoying
In the front yes. In the rear its at the top, so requires some yoga to get through the rear cage and pull up the carpet to make adjustments.
Old 01-18-2024, 06:48 PM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by jreifler
Nice. Good to know. I'm actually thinking of switching my 964 from V3s to Ohlins later this year too. For no apparent reason.
That will be a huge upgrade too. V3's are just run of the mill twin tubes. The Ohlins with inverted monotubes will be much better. Their price point for performance is probably unmatched.
Old 01-18-2024, 07:45 PM
radr
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by craina
In the front yes. In the rear its at the top, so requires some yoga to get through the rear cage and pull up the carpet to make adjustments.
You can buy extensions from Ohlins that allow you to adjust the rear R&T dampers without pulling anything apart.

Quick Reply: RS 3.8 to RS 4.0 Suspension Upgrade