Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Rattling/ clunking front left side 997.1 gt3

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2023 | 09:18 AM
DJWGT3
Track Day

Received 25 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DJWGT3
Update: The problem is indeed the PASM damper, after heating up from driving (the coolant hoses are near that position too) the damper is not able to smooth the travel out anymore causing the spring (H&R) to make the grinding / knocking sounds.

At first they were suggesting te top mount (domlager) but after some lubrication, no difference.

So, problem solved so far. Estimate in NL is 1200,- euros in total.

Still see some other with the same problem- only solution is replacing the PASM damper (or indeed exchange for another brand). These sounds indicate that the shocks are WORN and should be replaced
Old 12-06-2023 | 09:34 AM
norwegen911
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesinger
Just for the record...I also have not sorted mine out 😢😢😢. I did change the drop links and it slightly lessened the noise but it did not solve the problem. I was thinking about trying top mounts next and then just replacing the coilovers completely. I won't give up on this because I commute in my car and don't want to sit in traffic for 1-2 hours a day listening to suspension noises...
I have a set of two PASM front shocks rebuild at the bilstein tech center. Bilstein says they are good as new. This problem will never happen after this rebuild. But buying a new set of front shocks from porsche will might be a problem again because they have the same problem regarding the DU bushes.

PM me if interested
Old 12-07-2023 | 12:52 AM
pputkowski
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 78 Posts

I have a few sets of takeoff OE 997.1 GT3 shocks if anyone needs 1 or 2.

Quick Reply: Rattling/ clunking front left side 997.1 gt3