997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

997.2 GT3 Roof Rack

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2021 | 12:02 PM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

Also for you guys running Michelins that are 3 years old or newer, don't forget that you're automatically covered by their included road side assistance plan which includes up to 150 miles or flat bed towing.

3-Year Roadside Assistance

Program includes:
  • Flat Tire Changeout
  • Free towing up to 150 miles
  • Fluid delivery (gas, water, etc.)*
  • Lockout service
  • Battery jump start
* Consumer is responsible for the cost of delivered goods.

Roadside Flat Tire Assistance is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in the U.S. and Canada for 3 years after you purchase your MICHELIN replacement tires.

In the event you need roadside assistance, simply call 1-888-553-4327 (also provided on the tear-out wallet card), and a qualified service professional will provide assistance. If an inflated spare is not available, towing will be provided at no cost (up to 150 miles) to the nearest approved Michelin tire retailer of your choice
Old 08-30-2021 | 02:24 PM
ljmartyre
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
You would need a long torque wrench. Tire shops I've been to don't have the tools to remove the wheel. Maybe a torque multiplier. And if you go to a Porsche dealer for a patch that won't happen. I got a nail in my new P4S w/ 100 miles on them mounted on my 991 GTS, and the dealer said replace, no patch. I'm taking it elsewhere.
I’m bringing everything one would need to change a wheel alone. The Precision Instruments combo, pedal depressor, lo profile jack, emergency tire kit, etc etc.

I’ve had that experience before, but I’m certainly not opposed to options outside dealers. Actually in/ with my experience I try to avoid them.

Originally Posted by 8Lug
Also for you guys running Michelins that are 3 years old or newer, don't forget that you're automatically covered by their included road side assistance plan which includes up to 150 miles or flat bed…….
This is great info. Bought my 4S brand new just a few weeks ago so this certainly applies to me. Thank you

Update- I get the car back today or tomorrow and will keep this thread posted with photos under the roof strips to see what sort of hardware (or lack there of) is underneath.

Additionally I’ve chosen to go with an Inno roof box. Specifically looking at the Wedge 660 in white.

https://www.innoracks.com/int/products/roofbox/index.html#rb14

Last edited by ljmartyre; 08-30-2021 at 02:27 PM.
Old 09-08-2021 | 02:57 PM
ljmartyre
Rennlist Member

Ok so this car was randomly posted in another thread. But officially the first 997.2 GT3 I have seen with a roof rack installed OEM style.

Anyone happen to know if the owner is on here? Still haven't gotten my car back in order to pull the strips and check myself.

Old 09-08-2021 | 03:12 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lukasss
Ok so this car was randomly posted in another thread. But officially the first 997.2 GT3 I have seen with a roof rack installed OEM style.

Anyone happen to know if the owner is on here? Still haven't gotten my car back in order to pull the strips and check myself.

@ngng
Old 09-08-2021 | 03:26 PM
GlenGT3
Racer

Originally Posted by lukasss

According to the owner of that car, the attachment points had to be welded in. They do not exist under the roof strips of the 7.2 GT3, like they do in other 997 models.
Post here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...roof-rack.html
The following users liked this post:
8Lug (09-16-2021)

Quick Reply: 997.2 GT3 Roof Rack