Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Adaptive Sport Seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2021 | 03:42 AM
ljmartyre
Rennlist Member

Received 587 Likes on 205 Posts
Default Adaptive Sport Seats

Unfortunately for me, the set I had lined up was sold out from under me leaving me with no seats at all after selling my folding buckets.

If you would like to part ways with your GT3 heated adaptive sport seats- please let me know.

I understand this is a tall order. Thanks guys!
Old 07-20-2021 | 10:02 AM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

Received 880 Likes on 419 Posts

Consider getting any set of 997 sport seats from eBay or market place while you search for the correct set. This way you can still drive and enjoy your car, and just resell the temporary replacements once you find the ones you actually want.
Old 07-20-2021 | 11:40 AM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

I've heard good things about some of the Recaro models. . . .but no personal experience with them

https://www.recaro-automotive.com/us...o-sportster-cs
Old 07-20-2021 | 01:00 PM
Burren
Burning Brakes

Received 549 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
I've heard good things about some of the Recaro models. . . .but no personal experience with them

Those are the exact seats I'm considering to replace the folding carbon buckets I have in the car now (great for track, too upright for cruising or street driving). Buckets will probably be wrapped up in cashmere and stored in a cool closet, lol.
Old 07-20-2021 | 01:22 PM
ljmartyre
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 8Lug
Consider getting any set of 997 sport seats from eBay or market place while you search for the correct set. This way you can still drive and enjoy your car, and just resell the temporary replacements once you find the ones you actually want.
Definitely considered this. Thank you!

Originally Posted by -eztrader-

I’ve had experience with Recaros in the past. They do make a really great product. Unfortunately I feel like ultimately it’s just more effort to just end up in the same place & needing the factory seats.

Originally Posted by Burren
Those are the exact seats I'm considering to replace the folding carbon buckets I have in the car now (great for track, too upright for cruising or street driving). Buckets will probably be wrapped up in cashmere and stored in a cool closet, lol.
Smart move. You won’t be disappointed if you get them. Solid product.
Old 07-20-2021 | 07:15 PM
seis-speed
Pro

Received 499 Likes on 231 Posts

Are Sport Seats not readily available?

Sorry to hear bout your car not having seats.
Old 07-20-2021 | 07:20 PM
seis-speed
Pro

Received 499 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Burren
I think I am lucky with bucket seats in general since I like to sit upright. The Sport Seats are definitely not terrible FWIW if you are looking for them - They are stiff, good bolstering, very sporty for a non-bucket, but can adjust as you need. I put buckets in my BMW and the OEM seats were awful in comparison.

Old 07-20-2021 | 09:17 PM
ljmartyre
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by seis-speed
Are Sport Seats not readily available?

Sorry to hear bout your car not having seats.
The standard sport seats are much more common. But the Adaptive Sport seats aren't.
They have to be out of a GT car as well in order to get the alcantara centers.
Luckily most of them have heat.
My aim here is to have available what the window sticker of my car initially included.

I think I am lucky with bucket seats in general since I like to sit upright. The Sport Seats are definitely not terrible FWIW if you are looking for them - They are stiff, good bolstering, very sporty for a non-bucket, but can adjust as you need. I put buckets in my BMW and the OEM seats were awful in comparison.
Don't get me wrong - the Sport Buckets are great. I am 6ft, 170 with a 32" and they are very comfortable. But a Recaro Pole Position is more comfortable to me for a fraction of the price.
Plus the folding aspect is purposeless to me in the GT3 since theres nothing back there I would need access too regularly.

As someone whos had 15+ BMWs over the years - I certainly agree that the stocks seats are absolute garbage. Ive had leather Pole Positions in 2 of them and its easily one of the best upgrades for any M car.
Old 07-20-2021 | 09:20 PM
zshecht7792
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 151 Posts

Sitting on the floor may not be so bad. You'll really feel the road a lot better that way too.
The following users liked this post:
ljmartyre (07-21-2021)
Old 07-21-2021 | 10:56 AM
Burren
Burning Brakes

Received 549 Likes on 258 Posts

I think the buckets are perfectly comfortable when I'm in the zone and driving hard. And, of course, they hold you great. But, when I'm just driving around it hurts my back after some time to be that upright. I just need a recline function.
ljmartyre (07-21-2021)
Old 07-22-2021 | 07:20 PM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

Received 813 Likes on 458 Posts

Originally Posted by zshecht7792
Sitting on the floor may not be so bad. You'll really feel the road a lot better that way too.
milk crates are solid as well. Good road feedback in the VW Bug I got a ride to high school in on milk crates back in 92.
zshecht7792 (07-22-2021)

Quick Reply: Adaptive Sport Seats