Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

What car after 997.2 RS

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2021, 01:14 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,087 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by Allan A
Keeping the pumpkin. But was looking for something to drive more often. Tend to like cars that are a bit rare. Decided on this. It really is a monster, very similar to my 289 FIA car that just makes me grin when hitting the gas.

Project 8? Bad-*** car. I wasn't even sure if they were in the states or not. It de-throned my Alfa as fastest sedan at the 'ring. Rarer than sh*t. Wow.

I'll tell you what car trips my trigger...the new Ferrari 296GTB. The V8 Fcars like the 458 are fine but I like a smaller format. It's like what the Dino should have always been. Yes I know....there's no manual, and tons of tech blah blah blah. But I bet it will be the most exciting drive they've ever made for MY tastes. It's about time Ferrari makes something like this.

I'd be all over one except for the optics to my employees and maybe even friends about owning a Ferrari. I've owned several in the past, but I have more employees now.
Old 07-14-2021, 02:37 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
Project 8? Bad-*** car. I wasn't even sure if they were in the states or not. It de-throned my Alfa as fastest sedan at the 'ring. Rarer than sh*t. Wow.

I'll tell you what car trips my trigger...the new Ferrari 296GTB. The V8 Fcars like the 458 are fine but I like a smaller format. It's like what the Dino should have always been. Yes I know....there's no manual, and tons of tech blah blah blah. But I bet it will be the most exciting drive they've ever made for MY tastes. It's about time Ferrari makes something like this.

I'd be all over one except for the optics to my employees and maybe even friends about owning a Ferrari. I've owned several in the past, but I have more employees now.
Dont drive it to work. Easy. Go for it.

Saw a white 812 Superfast last night. G@d Damn it was gorgeous.wow.

Old 07-14-2021, 02:37 PM
Allan A
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Kevin,

Yes P8, I think the US has around 30 cars here. They were supposed to make 300 but I understand they stopped a little over 200. Dont quote me on these figures, the car is a 600 HP all wheel drive monster with a great sound track stock. I have hit a few curves at speed and it seems to be faster than the .1 RS.

Allan
Old 07-14-2021, 06:34 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,087 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by Allan A
Kevin,

Yes P8, I think the US has around 30 cars here. They were supposed to make 300 but I understand they stopped a little over 200. Dont quote me on these figures, the car is a 600 HP all wheel drive monster with a great sound track stock. I have hit a few curves at speed and it seems to be faster than the .1 RS.

Allan

Where did you buy it from? Just curious. Was that their showroom? Is it your DD now? Lots of fun. Love it. Love supercharged engines.

My Alfa QV is the greatest car I've ever owned from an emotional hook standpoint. Due to a stupid little oil leak at the turbo towards the back of the engine they had to remove it and replace a gasket....which they didn't do correctly. They had to remove it again resulting in almost 4 months at the dealer. Truth be told I was happy because I bought a couple cars and needed space and Alfa Romeo paid me $1350 a month for loss of use. And I didn't have to pay to store a car. But still annoyed with the dealer, I got a lemon law attorney to file a claim who I got an e-mail from today. Before I open it, I was thinking what if they bought it back. What would I do? Answer is I'd buy another one. For me I need four doors and lightweight and there's nothing that does that except the QV.

The Jaguar is a monster. Is the ride OK on our crappy Cali roads?

EDIT: Not to go too far off-topic (I already have) I just got off the phone with my attorney and they are buying back the car. I can't believe it frankly. And believe it or not, I'm bummed to some degree. I'll get the new one with carbon-ceramic brakes.I think. This is really strange. I was just trying to shake them down for some cash. Not lose the car.

Last edited by Upscale Audio; 07-14-2021 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-14-2021, 06:50 PM
Allan A
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Kevin,
Came from Classic Car Club NYC, and shipped to Cali. If you put into the soft mode its ok, not a Benz feel for sure. Not a DD, have a Raptor for that. Its just something to take out with four people when needed. If you ever get a chance to drive one you must. They are really something else.

Allan
Old 07-14-2021, 07:08 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 650 Likes on 290 Posts

Another 997RS, cannot be without one.

Last edited by FLT6SPD; 07-14-2021 at 09:04 PM.
The following users liked this post:
SupraSaiyan (07-15-2021)
Old 07-14-2021, 07:23 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

after 997Rs, try a real hard core drug... no nannies 300hp 2200lbs you think dundon headers are loud.... HAHA
The following 4 users liked this post by mooty:
DD GT3 RD (07-23-2021), EMpunker (07-14-2021), mchrono (07-14-2021), SupraSaiyan (07-15-2021)
Old 07-14-2021, 08:28 PM
EMpunker
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
after 997Rs, try a real hard core drug... no nannies 300hp 2200lbs you think dundon headers are loud.... HAHA
That's what I was going to say. Or death.
Old 07-15-2021, 09:07 AM
JS
Race Car

Received 523 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by FLT6SPD
Another 997RS, cannot be without one.
I like your thinking Mike, I like your thinking.
Old 07-15-2021, 11:11 AM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
Happy to report that this summer makes it 8 years with my 997.2 GT3 RS. There is no substitute!

With regard to replacements, I agree with the 4.0 RS comments although I know that everyone gets funny about actually using them (I wouldn't).
Carrera GT is the most obvious replacement, but that is priced out of the range of many of us.

Here is a strange recommendation you didn't likely see coming from me...

McLaren 720S. A buddy let me drive his a couple of months ago and I had practically no expectations of the car other than I knew they were fast. What I was not expecting was such a dynamic driving car. That car is literally like putting on a Superman suit, and felt like the ultimate cheat code. The way it manages its performance is absolutely jaw dropping. After owning and experiencing the cars that I have (and have access to) it does take a fair bit to impress me. Let's just say that I was seriously impressed with that car, not only the way it performed but how it went about its business was equally impressive. I became a huge fan after that drive, and think that they really did a phenomenal job with that car.
Well said! Same here with me and McLaren. Never considered one. Dealer lent me a 720S for a week and 500kms with zero expectations. Wife and I loved it enough to forego 992 TTS. Dare I say the city driving was just as good, but the driver connectivity and next-level power on top of the already supreme 991.2 TTS were obvious. Interior was a refreshing change and didn't notice fit and finish, nor other build quality issues.

McLaren 765LT. For the few who own or have driven one, this will resonate well. Others will likely believe it is owner bias, honeymoon period with free flow Kool-aid. This car is a modern day F40. Blistering speed, race car theater turned up to the maximum, usability is ultra impressive - from heavy traffic, sweeping mountain roads to track duty, this car scores perfectly.

I am a die-hard, manual loving fanatic giving up on all paddle shifters cars after 991 GT3 and GT3 RS' for driving connectivity and feel. The new GT cars are amazing, but felt like feel and fun was dialed out at the expense of faster and easier lap times. This car is the only car I want to drive right now. At fractions of the price of a CGT, this car remains a bargain relatively for the experience it delivers. As the CGT is the pinnacle of V10 NA manual analogue end of era greatness; the 765LT is the pinnacle of end of McLaren ICE, V8 TT end of era greatness. Car must be experienced to believe. This all said, I think I am impossible to impress for cars. Love this car so much a 765 LT spider will be joining the stable.

The following 2 users liked this post by SSTHO:
ljmartyre (07-19-2021), SupraSaiyan (07-15-2021)

Quick Reply: What car after 997.2 RS