Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

OMG RSS bypass OMG

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 03:15 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 206 Posts

I'm still running an RSS that I bought used from Mooty. I used that for several years and last year I dropped the side mufflers when a valve went bad. Now the car really sings!!
Old 03-30-2021, 11:49 AM
jason95R
Racer

Received 167 Likes on 105 Posts

I bought my car with an RSS center already on it as well. It sounds amazing. My valves are unplugged so no change in tone at low RPMs. It's a little loud in the neighborhood for early morning cruises or early tee times. My wife said she can still hear me when I get on the main road out of our neighborhood about a mile away.

I'm thinking of adding the Carnewal remote this summer so I can have the option to run open or closed when I want to.

Overall very pleased with the quality and sound of the RSS center. Although I can't compare to stock or other manufacturers.
Old 03-30-2021, 03:39 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,050 Likes on 667 Posts

Jason95R,

There are two products you can compare & decide which to use. Both accomplish that same goal. Carnewal and Valvetronics. Myself & JB911 both use 1) Carnewal (great guy Gert's company over in Sweden, easy to buy from), and the 2) US based company Valvetronics - I have no experience with them, but I believe BustaRib here on RL uses their product successfully. Probably cannot go wrong with either one. I did notice that Valvetronics seems to have a slightly less "bulky" product (Carnewal has a small box that is the brains of the functionality, and Valvetronics is more of a "in-line" setup).

If you want to dig deeper into these products, we discussed them at length over here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...alve-open.html

I also spent some time posting pics of the wiring setup on the Canewal back in 2018 when I installed mine. You can check out how I did it here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...-carnewal.html

=Steve
Old 03-30-2021, 03:55 PM
RallyeChris
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 62 Posts

I just installed a SOUL Performance center muffler bypass over the weekend. It's amazing what these center muffler bypasses to to enhance the aural ecstasy on these machines! Frankly, I haven't heard a bad version. Such sweet bliss for very little investment.
The following users liked this post:
Soul Performance (03-31-2021)
Old 03-31-2021, 03:45 AM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Received 451 Likes on 315 Posts

Gert is in Belgium, not Sweden
Mine has been in the engine bay for about 8 years, and I haven't had to change the remote's battery either
Old 03-31-2021, 12:42 PM
Burren
Burning Brakes

Received 547 Likes on 258 Posts

I find it curious that more people don't delete the sides and keep the center section. Wouldn't that accomplish a similar volume increase while eliminating the transition of the values opening/closing AND stop drone?
Old 03-31-2021, 12:50 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Burren
I find it curious that more people don't delete the sides and keep the center section. Wouldn't that accomplish a similar volume increase while eliminating the transition of the values opening/closing AND stop drone?
It actually drones more this way. This is why people don't do it. Also, without reinforcing, the center muffler has blown out from the pressure changes as the two sides come together. There's actually less drone when drop all of the mufflers than when you have side deletes + center muffler.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:53 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Received 451 Likes on 315 Posts

I had an issue with the TPC valved sides and had to return them to the seller- diameter was 1mm too big and FVD center bypass connection was impossible. Not an issue if you use the OEM center muffler. Not sure if TPC is aware of this. Got the Soul valved ones and it slipped in without issues.
Less heat, more room to work on the car, less weight, works like a dream
Old 03-31-2021, 02:22 PM
Burren
Burning Brakes

Received 547 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger22
It actually drones more this way. This is why people don't do it. Also, without reinforcing, the center muffler has blown out from the pressure changes as the two sides come together. There's actually less drone when drop all of the mufflers than when you have side deletes + center muffler.
That's interesting, I had no idea. Thanks!!
Old 04-01-2021, 12:12 PM
jason95R
Racer

Received 167 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
Jason95R,

There are two products you can compare & decide which to use. Both accomplish that same goal. Carnewal and Valvetronics. Myself & JB911 both use 1) Carnewal (great guy Gert's company over in Sweden, easy to buy from), and the 2) US based company Valvetronics - I have no experience with them, but I believe BustaRib here on RL uses their product successfully. Probably cannot go wrong with either one. I did notice that Valvetronics seems to have a slightly less "bulky" product (Carnewal has a small box that is the brains of the functionality, and Valvetronics is more of a "in-line" setup).

If you want to dig deeper into these products, we discussed them at length over here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...alve-open.html

I also spent some time posting pics of the wiring setup on the Canewal back in 2018 when I installed mine. You can check out how I did it here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...-carnewal.html

=Steve
Thanks for the info Steve!

Quick Reply: OMG RSS bypass OMG