Sponsored by:

Extensive 997 4S Restoration, Preservation and Protection Project

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 01:58 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,477 Likes on 4,124 Posts

So I was reading this thinking WOW, wish there was someone like this close to me, but they're probably out in LA or some place like that, then read that the subject 997 was from Atlanta.

I have a few of my P-cars I'd like to chat with you about, starting with a widebody Cayenne Turbo S currently undergoing the body mods and a full color change repaint, that might be a perfect candidate for this full paint protection film. Can you send me an email to petza914@gmail.com?

Thanks.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:38 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
So I was reading this thinking WOW, wish there was someone like this close to me, but they're probably out in LA or some place like that, then read that the subject 997 was from Atlanta.

I have a few of my P-cars I'd like to chat with you about, starting with a widebody Cayenne Turbo S currently undergoing the body mods and a full color change repaint, that might be a perfect candidate for this full paint protection film. Can you send me an email to petza914@gmail.com?

Thanks.
Done
Old 06-23-2017, 08:55 PM
gtm3
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice work and great write up! Maybe i can add another 997 to your list...

I recently purchased a black/black 2009 997.2 911S in March 2017 that has always been in Atlanta and serviced at Porsche Atlanta Perimeter - the car was clear wrapped on the front end, mirrors, door handles and door guards before I purchased it. The wrap is starting to show the beginning signs of peeling near the door handles but is in great shape otherwise. However the black paint is a challenge to keep clean/shiny!

I am located in Atlanta and will reach out to you to determine options to keep the paint in good shape for the long haul if you are open to that...let me know!

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-24-2017, 10:24 AM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gtm3
Nice work and great write up! Maybe i can add another 997 to your list...

I recently purchased a black/black 2009 997.2 911S in March 2017 that has always been in Atlanta and serviced at Porsche Atlanta Perimeter - the car was clear wrapped on the front end, mirrors, door handles and door guards before I purchased it. The wrap is starting to show the beginning signs of peeling near the door handles but is in great shape otherwise. However the black paint is a challenge to keep clean/shiny!

I am located in Atlanta and will reach out to you to determine options to keep the paint in good shape for the long haul if you are open to that...let me know!

Thanks in advance!
Congrats are the new toy!

Totally down to chat. The process is pretty straight forward. Come in for a consultation, we discuss all possible options, you leave to mull it over and then call us if/when you would like to move forward with whatever service. It's an organic and cooperative process.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:08 PM
Silver Stealth
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Well, this was a surprise! How cool is it to log on to Rennlist and see your car on the home page!

https://rennlist.com/articles/refres...d-porsche-997/

Thanks again to Jean Claude for not only the great work but also documenting the process so well!

-Chris
Old 08-03-2017, 12:33 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Silver Stealth
Well, this was a surprise! How cool is it to log on to Rennlist and see your car on the home page!

https://rennlist.com/articles/refres...d-porsche-997/

Thanks again to Jean Claude for not only the great work but also documenting the process so well!

-Chris
My pleasure and yes, it was great seeing this shared to the front page of Rennlist.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:14 PM
hot nikon
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very cool post, OP.

Excellent pics showing how much dirt /grime build up on our cars. Shows no matter how well the car is typically maintained, a thorough cleaning by professionals using pro quality products can really freshen up a car.

You did a great job on the silver car, I am very interested in seeing what you do with black paint, which can be tough.

Again, very cool post.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:31 PM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The results are fantastic. What is your opinion on the spray on protective coatings?
Old 08-07-2017, 10:45 AM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hot nikon
Very cool post, OP.

Excellent pics showing how much dirt /grime build up on our cars. Shows no matter how well the car is typically maintained, a thorough cleaning by professionals using pro quality products can really freshen up a car.

You did a great job on the silver car, I am very interested in seeing what you do with black paint, which can be tough.

Again, very cool post.
Thanks, HN. Check out a 964 Turbo 3.6 we did here to see one example of what we do with black paint(it's also currently for sale): https://rennlist.com/forums/964-turb...n-project.html

Originally Posted by captainbaker
The results are fantastic. What is your opinion on the spray on protective coatings?
Thank you, CB. Spray-on coatings have a long ways to go until they are worth the effort. When spray-on coatings are done ideally, the manufacturer will likely be on the front line. That will be a big opportunity for them. Until then, paint protection film is king.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:31 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Here's a brief video showing off the end result. Sorry it took me so long. It required my wife being sick this morning for me to be able to stay home long enough to piece it together. I hope you enjoy this sub 1 minute video.

Quick Reply: Extensive 997 4S Restoration, Preservation and Protection Project