Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 GTS vs 991 turbo track battle

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 04:00 PM
Crester
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts

This thread is hillarious. PHO KING SLOW... your handling of the steering wheel is absolutely ATROCIOUS!!! I have no idea why you are jerking the steering wheel around like that... shifting your hands around constantly and on top of that keep letting go of the steering wheel! People all over this thread are telling you that you aren't handling the steering wheel properly and your response is to start getting defensive and post videos of race drivers who are just fooling around and having fun. lol

In the video of Senna you posted driving the NSX... he is just doing a fun demonstration run in the NSX and drifting here and there... that's why he's moving the steering wheel so fast. You wouldn't see him driving like that in a race. Same thing with Kimi Raikkonen... in the video you posted he's just fooling around. Look at how he drives when lap times matter... nice and smooth.

Please... for the love of God... and for the safety not only of you... but those on the track with you... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE goto a performance driving school and learn how to drive on the track. Any competent instructor's jaw will drop when he sees how crazy you are with the steering wheel and that you keep taking your hands off the wheel and shuffling them around randomly.

Last edited by Crester; 05-24-2017 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:01 PM
Crester
Pro

And another video of Lewis Hamilton in Spain...

Old 05-24-2017, 04:05 PM
Crester
Pro

And last one of a GT3 on a track day...

PHO KING SLOW... I really hope you are just trolling. But sadly I don't think you are...
Old 05-24-2017, 04:11 PM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 3,879 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Pho King Fast
^^Exactly! I spend the time to share knowledge that has taken me thousands of hours to develop, for FREE, because I know that..........
....blah - blah - blah - zzzzzzzzzz

A friend sent me a video of you driving the 'Ring.....

Old 05-24-2017, 04:29 PM
sak335
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey PHO SHO SLOW, I think I finally understand where you got that style. You're watching these guys drive old Porsches on YouTube back when they had semi trailing arms. Your car has a sophisticated multi-link suspension so all those histrionics aren't necessary. Maybe watch some newer videos on modern cars to develop a patented super-fast technique that you can sell to millions of adoring fans.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:32 PM
THE_Roen
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drcollie
....blah - blah - blah - zzzzzzzzzz

A friend sent me a video of you driving the 'Ring.....

https://youtu.be/531vtOfW-KY
I can actually picture the pho king fast trademark panic steer, panic countersteer, overcountersteer, spin the other way movement that's happening to that GT3 on Nurburgring.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:43 PM
rodH
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by THE_Roen
You're not Senna.

For every Senna, there's thousands of smooth drivers. He is fast in spite of shuffling, not because of it. You've also posted a demo lap in an NSX of Suzuka. Even so, his shuffling is still considered as smooth, rather than this herky jerky mess at NYST. If you can be smooth while shuffling, that's one thing.....but you're not.

How about footage where he's actually going fast?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQgP9nugt5I

Notice how he's trying to smoothen out the bumps of Monaco? He would be even jerkier if he wasn't trying to be smooth. He's not purposely being jerky on smooth asphalt. Context is everything.

In any case, this is just advice to help you go faster. Feel free to ignore it if you just want to drive how you drive.
Well said. The fastest drivers are always the smoothest and have the least driver input. it is something my coach is working on with me. Driving, or wheel to wheel racing especially, take your own line, don't let the guy in front of you dictate your line and be smooth. Driving is a sport where the less effort the better, which is so hard to figure out.

Like mentioned, Senna is sawing at the wheel because he has too, but if he were a lesser driver, it would look much worse. He is fighting a 1000+hp fully manual beast around narrow streets of monaco.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:56 PM
Chiboy
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crester
And last one of a GT3 on a track day... https://youtu.be/s617XMSm2u0

PHO KING SLOW... I really hope you are just trolling. But sadly I don't think you are...
Sheesh, that guy isn't even trying! I don't think I saw his right hand at 9 o'clock even once!
Old 05-24-2017, 10:10 PM
andy92782
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Remind me to never, EVER post a video to this forum of me driving my car either on or off track.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:45 PM
scorcherjf
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by andy92782
Remind me to never, EVER post a video to this forum of me driving my car either on or off track.
Well as long as you don't think you're god's gift to racing and claim you're senna reincarnated then I think you'll be fine.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:51 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,172 Likes on 3,936 Posts

Originally Posted by andy92782
LOL - Just post the stills

...though there is a lot of knowledge here from many good track drivers and if you're open to taking their advice instead of defending your technique, there's plenty to be learned.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:07 PM
Alexandrius
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly people were nice in here...the dude is literally posting videos of legendary racers to justify his drift style shuffle steering on a race-track, in what looks like a track day for all intents and purposes haha.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:19 PM
andy92782
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
LOL - Just post the stills
+997

Now watch me get berated by the Interweb for using the wrong kind of tape. It was early in the morning, I ran out of tape, I hadn't had my coffee yet, I was excited...

BTW, I've had the accidental PDK button trigger with hands at 9 and 3 happen to me as well.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:46 PM
motopix
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That one was very entertaining. He got a little sketchy after passing that green McLaren going through the chicane side-by-side. Funny to see him reach for the PDK level as if it were a manual. Then to watch the McLaren try to outbreak him - go wide - then get passed again.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:18 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

Agree with motopix's post just above... The GT3 video that Crester posted is a very good video to watch if you've passed that up.

Quick Reply: 997 GTS vs 991 turbo track battle