Sponsored by:

997 GTS vs 991 turbo track battle

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 04:42 PM
1990nein
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts

--

Last edited by 1990nein; 11-01-2020 at 04:29 AM.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:00 PM
scorcherjf
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 18 Posts

Let me just ask you point blank. What credentials do you have to show that you actually know what you're talking about in regards to driving? I'm just curious since it does seem like you're trying to "help" people (despite no one asking for it) with your replies but then if someone tries to do the same for you, you get extremely defensive, say they're making things up, projecting ego's and insecurities, and claim they're throwing a tantrum?

You did post a video with no text to accompany it - what were you hoping to achieve?
Old 05-25-2017, 05:14 PM
1990nein
Pro

--

Old 05-25-2017, 05:14 PM
THE_Roen
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scorcherjf
Let me just ask you point blank. What credentials do you have to show that you actually know what you're talking about in regards to driving? I'm just curious since it does seem like you're trying to "help" people (despite no one asking for it) with your replies but then if someone tries to do the same for you, you get extremely defensive, say they're making things up, projecting ego's and insecurities, and claim they're throwing a tantrum?

You did post a video with no text to accompany it - what were you hoping to achieve?
What this guy said.

If you're going to talk prescriptively, with your only qualification being a video that you posted and self-claimed "1000's of hours of studying", what reaction were you expecting to get?
Old 05-25-2017, 06:01 PM
Crester
Pro

Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts

PHO KING SLOW... please just go get some track driving lessons. What City are you in? I'll even help find some place that can teach you.

And if you are wondering why people are "angry"... it's because of the attitude you are displaying and nothing else. If you didn't act so shockingly cocky and posting videos to show you are driving "just like the Formula 1 greats"... nobody would care. To me it's mind blowing how you can be so delusional about your driving skills. You don't even hold onto the steering wheel!!!!!!!!!! You are letting go of it over and over again mid track... shuffling your hands back and forth all over. If a proper driving instructor got in the car with you he'd correct that right away!
Old 05-25-2017, 06:17 PM
scorcherjf
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Pho King Fast
Lol. This right here shows how elementary your craft is. I encourage you to take some time to think about what is in bold - you can turn it into a gift that keeps on giving.

Do you often make stuff up just to argue with yourself? You already did that once in this thread, now you’re doing it again. Has the aloe started working yet?

If you spend less time attempting to make other people feel slow, and more time on your own driving, maybe you’ll learn how to be fast.
There you go making stuff up again!
The most common rookie mistake is to imagine the 2D line as a rail, and then try to ‘trace’ or ‘ride’ the rail as much as possible, correcting as you slip off the line.
Lol! There you go making stuff up too! I have respectfully given very detailed answers in regards to any genuine criticisms. It's okay, I get it; people project their own insecurities while trying to mask it as "constructive criticism."
Do you often throw tantrums?
Can't wait for you to post more wrong answers!
^^Exactly! I spend the time to share knowledge that has taken me thousands of hours to develop, for FREE, because I know that somewhere out there, someone is seeking ALL the information they can find on driving - be it videos, magazines, books, or forum discussions. They will absorb every perspective and test every theory in their quest to perfect their driving craft. They will find out for themselves what works and what doesn't. I know that in the right hands, the information provided can become a gift that keeps on giving!
Pretty simple - I'm interested in talking about what people wanted to know, rather than talking about stuff no one asked about.
I'm not trying to offend you, and I don't think anyone else is either, when they write comments. If you just read through what you've actually posted in reply to people's comments, it does come off as condescending, defensive, insecure, and sometimes downright immature. I hope this isn't your intent, but I'm just letting you know you're probably going to rub some people the wrong way with the way you phrase some of your replies. If you're new to internet forums, that might be understandable, but as a message for the future you're borderline trolling at this point. If you truly are trying to help people learn from your vast knowledge, perhaps don't phrase it in a way where you imply they're an idiot first. Take some time to actually read and consider what people have said, even if you don't agree with it, and reply intelligently and without the sarcasm.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:21 PM
THE_Roen
AutoX

Originally Posted by Crester
PHO KING SLOW... please just go get some track driving lessons. What City are you in? I'll even help find some place that can teach you.

And if you are wondering why people are "angry"... it's because of the attitude you are displaying and nothing else. If you didn't act so shockingly cocky and posting videos to show you are driving "just like the Formula 1 greats"... nobody would care. To me it's mind blowing how you can be so delusional about your driving skills. You don't even hold onto the steering wheel!!!!!!!!!! You are letting go of it over and over again mid track... shuffling your hands back and forth all over. If a proper driving instructor got in the car with you he'd correct that right away!
He posted a video of a Track Day @ NYST so I imagine there are plenty of places of instruction around:

NASA NE HPDE, SCCA PDX, BMWCCA, PCA, Skip Barber (Oh wait, they're bankrupt)

Originally Posted by scorcherjf
but as a message for the future you're borderline trolling at this point.
fixed
Old 05-25-2017, 06:26 PM
Alexandrius
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Posts video to forum where people are known to discuss driving, exhibits extremely defensive attitude toward people who make any comments other than "dude you drive like senna" on said forum, proceed to claim everyone else is throwing a tantrum. Link videos of accomplished professional and legendary drivers and say own style is similar despite it obviously not being so.

the result is we all got trolled and/or op has downs.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:30 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 349 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by drcollie
Dunning–Kruger effect
^^^ This.

Your answer to my question about 'the line happens behind you' was patronizing. And I was genuinely trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.
I don't have any vitriol to spill, but would offer some humble pie and a workshop on empathy.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:03 PM
1990nein
Pro

--

Old 05-26-2017, 10:27 AM
NYC993
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like a fairly short and simple track with really slow corners, or you are overslowig the car. Have you been to any other tracks (NJMP or WGI) with videos to share? I don't disagree that pros do wiggle the wheel around feeling out the grip and making tiny corrections together with gas inputs, but sliding the car around like in the video really slows it down. Like others said you could go faster if you were not sliding, but you already know that...hopefully.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:15 AM
THE_Roen
AutoX

Originally Posted by NYC993
Looks like a fairly short and simple track with really slow corners, or you are overslowig the car. Have you been to any other tracks (NJMP or WGI) with videos to share? I don't disagree that pros do wiggle the wheel around feeling out the grip and making tiny corrections together with gas inputs, but sliding the car around like in the video really slows it down. Like others said you could go faster if you were not sliding, but you already know that...hopefully.
Resembles a motorcycle track more than a car track.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:11 PM
1990nein
Pro

--

Last edited by 1990nein; 11-01-2020 at 04:35 AM.
Old 05-28-2017, 08:12 AM
user 72902
Banned

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by andy92782
+997

Now watch me get berated by the Interweb for using the wrong kind of tape. It was early in the morning, I ran out of tape
Gotta make it happen with the resources on hand. How bad was it to remove? Lack of coffee sounds like a greater concern!
Old 05-28-2017, 05:01 PM
andy92782
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jkw911
Gotta make it happen with the resources on hand. How bad was it to remove? Lack of coffee sounds like a greater concern!
It wasn't that bad. I had to use some WD-40 on the really gummy bits but that took the residue right off. Followed up w/ some wax and it's all good.

To the OP: Not sure if you mentioned earlier but what tire pressures were you running?

Quick Reply: 997 GTS vs 991 turbo track battle