Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Introductions, my 911 dream, and my nightmare!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 12:49 AM
jsalah
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Five12Free
So I took the advice of many here, and contacted Porsche of NA. They informed me they would be sharing my complaints and concerns with the dealership management

I believe every facet of the management is aware of my situation and refuses to do anything.
Yes, but the difference is they REALLY don't want negative feedback from the mothership. It's possible this shakes their tree a little. Fingers crossed for you.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:54 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,065 Likes on 746 Posts

Yikes... a lot of dealers out there there scamming people
The real eye opener with the Beverly Hills Porsche story was not that another scumbag dealership was discovered but that the dealership made a mockery of all the strict standards for CPO certification PCNA brags about on their national home page and PCNA didn't care. I admit I thought the dealers were expected to sell products that live up the PCNA's national advertisement promises but that's clearly not the case.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:03 AM
FinalBoss
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Without throwing finalboss' business all out there, I would deduce from the documents he gave me, which include dme read outs, that the dealership knew the car had issues.

If he says it's cool, I'll post them.
Those are all yours now so post away!
Old 03-22-2017, 09:45 AM
Fined
Three Wheelin'

Received 210 Likes on 142 Posts

...considering Porsche is such an enthusiast driven brand.

I'll disagree here. Porsche is a profit driven brand. Even if they walk it back in order to save face, it won't be because of a sense of duty. It will be because of potential for lost additional profit. That's going to be the case for basically any highly successful mainstream auto brand.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:01 PM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 120 Posts

Not sure if the public outcry has anything to do with it, but Porsche of Austin reached out to me today. Keep you guys posted.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:56 PM
Redhot2474
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Review

Not sure if the public outcry has anything to do with it, but Porsche of Austin reached out to me today. Keep you guys posted.
hopefully my review helped! Good luck
Old 03-22-2017, 05:39 PM
mike9186
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Good luck!
Old 03-23-2017, 11:10 AM
jkfuel
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I looked at a prospective 911 there last fall and it was a cpo, described as spotless. When I got there the front has a lot of rock chips. There were also large scratches to the rear seats and the front tires had dry rot. When I asked why they didn't disclose this, they said that it was normal wear and tear and that they wouldn't discount it any further. Needless to say it was a waste of time and I was pretty upset they didn't disclose this when I asked for close up pictures.

Some dealers are more up front than others. I hope they make it right for you.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:45 PM
HawkI007
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a great looking 911.

I hope the issues get resolved and you have many happy miles in the car.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:19 PM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 120 Posts

First off, I want to say thanks to all for rallying to my cause. I am so appreciative of the efforts and advice of the members of this forum. I feel very privileged to be a part of this community. Thanks again, ya'll are great.

So onto the good stuff... Porsche of Austin has agreed to reimburse me for the full expenses resulting from the break down. To summarize, my case fell through the cracks. The owner of the dealership fell ill, the manager had maternity leave. In the end regardless of excuses, they chose to do the right thing. The money is great, but the apology was even better. My faith in humanity has been restored, at least for today.

I would ask those that helped me by writing bad reviews for the dealership to please delete those. I think right or wrong, in the end they were willing to stand behind their product which shows their true character.

Once again, THANKS!
Old 03-23-2017, 03:24 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

First off, I want to say thanks to all for rallying to my cause. I am so appreciative of the efforts and advice of the members of this forum. I feel very privileged to be a part of this community. Thanks again, ya'll are great.

So onto the good stuff... Porsche of Austin has agreed to reimburse me for the full expenses resulting from the break down. To summarize, my case fell through the cracks. The owner of the dealership fell ill, the manager had maternity leave. In the end regardless of excuses, they chose to do the right thing. The money is great, but the apology was even better. My faith in humanity has been restored, at least for today.

I would ask those that helped me by writing bad reviews for the dealership to please delete those. I think right or wrong, in the end they were willing to stand behind their product which shows their true character.

Once again, THANKS!
Really happy to hear this - once you are fully compensated please tell me so I can remove my 500 word review off of Google!

Last edited by Para82; 03-23-2017 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:40 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

I have been following this saga and glad that it has a satisfactory resolution. I believe the dealership is just making excuses now. There is always second or third in command in any organization.

Just let us know when you are reimbursed and happy motoring!
Old 03-23-2017, 03:48 PM
jsalah
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Once again, THANKS!
Happy to hear this!
Old 03-23-2017, 03:58 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,049 Posts

Hi James, I heard about your story. Glad to hear that Porsche of Austin, no withstanding a some Porsche community pressure, decided to do the right thing. You have to wonder if they would have paid for the repair if you hadn't brought your story to Yelp, Google, BBB, and Rennlist? My vote is a "no" based on their lack of call backs, email answers, and of course, the BBB response regarding the extended warranty. You had a very good case for buyback, but happy you got the car repaired and can now breathe easy and enjoy it. You did the right thing by bringing attention to your purchase experience with this dealership. I would fall ill too if my company treated customers this way. IMHO.

Sunshine is the best disinfectant.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:22 PM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats James. Really good to the dealership standing by their product and actually do the just thing and apologize.

Quick Reply: Introductions, my 911 dream, and my nightmare!