fully specced but no buttons?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 06:03 PM
flach6
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fully specced but no buttons?

Long time lurker first-time poster.

My love affair with Porsche started 9 years ago when I met my now wife and her mother in law let me drive their 997 Carerra s with PSE, since then her dad has owned 4/5 different 911's including a 991.2 Turbo S that I get to play with, its safe to say I am obsessed.

It's finally come to that time, I'm buying the very car that started this all - a 2006 997.1 C2S, the owner is stating the car has clubsport, PSE and PASM etc.

but in the photos of the interior I can see only three buttons at the bottom of the console so it seems like its missing a "sport" button and an "exhaust" button however the outer pipes are slightly bigger than the inner ones.

Is something fishy? im trying to re live that feeling I had in the old car and while I cant afford all the carbon they had - the PSE is something I am really searching for.

Thanks in advanced!
Old 03-10-2017, 06:47 PM
North Shore 911
Rennlist Member

Received 398 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by flach6

My love affair with Porsche started 9 years ago when I met my now wife and her mother in law let me drive their 997 Carerra s with PSE, since then her dad has owned 4/5 different 911's including a 991.2 Turbo S that I get to play with, its safe to say I am obsessed.

It's finally come to that time, I'm buying the very car that started this all - a 2006 997.1 C2S, the owner is stating the car has clubsport, PSE and PASM etc.

but in the photos of the interior I can see only three buttons at the bottom of the console so it seems like its missing a "sport" button and an "exhaust" button however the outer pipes are slightly bigger than the inner ones.

Is something fishy? im trying to re live that feeling I had in the old car and while I cant afford all the carbon they had - the PSE is something I am really searching for.

Thanks in advanced!
Flach6,

Not sure about the .1's, but my .2 has a button for PASM (the shock absorber icon at the far left) and PSE (the exhaust pipe icon). I don't have the Sport Mode button as I have a MT, but here's a pic of my center console. For PSE, if you don't have this button then you don't have the factory installed PSE (so maybe the seller installed an aftermarket exhaust that is switched elsewhere?). I suggest you get the VIN and check the original options on the car for peace of mind. Can you post a pic of the console? FWIW, here's my console:

Old 03-10-2017, 07:03 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Thanks in advanced!
Does the car have Sport Chrono? The 3 buttons you're referencing - are they one with a spoiler icon, one with a shock absorber icon and one labeled PSM?
Old 03-10-2017, 07:07 PM
flach6
6th Gear

This is the only imagine I have of the interior - from the description, it is listed of having - sports chrono package plus, PSE, and PASM along with a bunch of other things
Old 03-10-2017, 07:13 PM
North Shore 911
Rennlist Member

Received 398 Likes on 201 Posts

This is the only imagine I have of the interior - from the description, it is listed of having - sports chrono package plus, PSE, and PASM along with a bunch of other things
The best way to tell for sure is to use a VIN decoder and pull the original options. Ask the seller for the VIN and you can use one of a few different sources to get the factory-installed options to know for what it has ... I think there's sticky thread on this with a few different sites. Good luck, you will LOVE the car you end up with
Old 03-10-2017, 07:57 PM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 130 Likes on 88 Posts

Something sounds off....

I basically have the same spec'd car less the PSE and I have four buttons on the bottom. Left to right....

Spoiler
Sport+
Sport (PASM)

Far right is PSM

Perhaps PSE was added by the PO and is tied into the Sport button?
Attached Images  
Old 03-10-2017, 08:23 PM
flach6
6th Gear

Could it be something to do with it being a UK car and RHD? was the button layout different? also thanks for all the replies guys - I'm going to call up tmr and get the VIN and see if that can shed some light.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:13 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 94 Posts

You have the wart on the dash, so, likely it does have Sport Chrono.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:23 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,444 Likes on 4,106 Posts

I believe 997.1s with Sport Chrono don't have a separate exhaust tips button for the PSE. It's tied into the Sport mode when the sport button is pushed.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:56 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
I believe 997.1s with Sport Chrono don't have a separate exhaust tips button for the PSE. It's tied into the Sport mode when the sport button is pushed.
I thought that too but I thought he said he didn't have a sport button - confused.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:58 PM
flach6
6th Gear

As I said above - not sure what the buttons are just know that there are 3 as per the image I supplied.
Havent seen the car in the flesh yet. going to see it Monday
Old 03-12-2017, 03:03 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

I would ask for more pictures of the dash to confirm. If you're spending that kind of money the least they can do is offer up better quality pictures.

Quick Reply: fully specced but no buttons?