Sponsored by:

Damned AC buttons-- a fix???

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 10:33 AM
TheDeckMan
Rennlist Member

Received 395 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by mbatarga
So when can we expect V4 of your switches - and will THEY look more like OEM?
15% closer to OEM.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:50 AM
cosm3os
Burning Brakes

Received 95 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDeckMan
15% closer to OEM.
That shiznit is funny, right there!
Old 10-14-2018, 06:02 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by mbatarga
So when can we expect V4 of your switches - and will THEY look more like OEM?
Hello mbatarga.

By now all we can say is that our V3 has dropped the price down to $129.99 (including free shipping worldwide).

Best regards
Old 10-18-2018, 07:37 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Today's install on a 2006 997

Attachment 1348996
Old 10-25-2018, 02:41 PM
MAcarbon
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Installation

A local customer sent his unit in to us for installation of a set of buttons. If anyone is not worried about getting the unit out of the car but doesn't want to take the AC unit apart, we'll do that side for $75. For any local San Francisco Bay area owners, install is a flat $125. That includes removing the unit from the car, install of the buttons and putting everything back together.

We have one set in stock (as of today) but should have our next batch ready in another week or so.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:14 PM
CHF3
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Climarepair.com
Thanks Rick, appreciate it!

Like you, there are many customers that bought our product. Some of them are Rennlist members, many others are not. For that reason we became a Rennlist sponsor. We felt it was just the right thing to do to promote our product, which we feel fills a gap in the "Porsche enthusiast community".

We sell our product to different customers, indy shops and resellers all around the world. We want to keep our analytics on the privacy, but a few dozens of old, bad reviews on the forums really represents nothing compared to the amount of customers we have. All good, well named brands have bad reviews from unhappy customers. Thats ok. Its impossible to have a 100% satisfaction rate. No company has.
I'm a Porsche lover but I got really upset with the company when I suffered from IMS failure on my car a few years back. If you google "IMS failure" anyone not experienced with automobiles and/or with Porsche would think this brand (Porsche) really sucks, but we all know this is not true. There are many factors. From my honest experience, some customers are too good and thankful, others are just normal customers, others are a bit too impatient, others...

We really try to improve our product year after year. Some (very few, if not only one person here) say this is "using our customers as beta testers". Well say that to Apple, Ford, or even Porsche. The first iPhone didn't have 3G connection or multi-task capability... all their competitors had! Improving a product its normal, good and the only way to go.

We invest more than 15% of our profit in R & D (research and development), which is a lot. We try new paints, new clear coats, new materials, we test them on different weathers... If some are uncomfortable with that we are sorry, but if we find a way to improve a product we will.

All this said, we really love when customers like you, Stephen, or Tim take your time to write your positive experience with us. Thanks again Rick!

will you issue me a refund on the V1 switches I purchased for $100? They are not suitable for commercial use. That would be a step in the right direction for restoring some credibility.
Old 10-26-2018, 02:57 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by CHF3

will you issue me a refund on the V1 switches I purchased for $100? They are not suitable for commercial use. That would be a step in the right direction for restoring some credibility.

Hi CHF3, if you asked within a year from date or purchase we would. No company accepts refunds two years after purchase.

you can get special rates on V3 though.

best regards
Old 10-26-2018, 06:33 PM
cosm3os
Burning Brakes

Hi CHF3, if you asked within a year from date or purchase we would. No company accepts refunds two years after purchase.

you can get special rates on V3 though.

best regards
Fake news. Heck, I asked for a refund before I ever got the product and you wouldn't do it . . .
Old 11-19-2018, 06:54 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cosm3os
Fake news. Heck, I asked for a refund before I ever got the product and you wouldn't do it . . .
Sorry we don't take into consideration anything you will post in this forum anymore. Enough flooding. Regards.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:58 PM
cosm3os
Burning Brakes

Sorry we don't take into consideration anything you will post in this forum anymore. Enough flooding. Regards.
​​​​​​
You never did, that's why your customer service sucks. I don't post for your benefit. I post for the benefit of my fellow Rennlisters.
Old 11-22-2018, 08:00 PM
cosm3os
Burning Brakes

Latest V of climacrap just posted on FB. Buyer is really disappointed, particularly because the instructions from climacrap say not to touch the lever portion of the buttons because the paint will rub off. Is that true, clima? Do you instruct buyers to avoid touching the buttons?

​​​Zoom in and appreciate the poor printing on the TEMP button and grainy 3D printing .

Last edited by cosm3os; 11-22-2018 at 08:22 PM.
Old 12-22-2018, 11:05 PM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

Received 746 Likes on 426 Posts

I'm not trying to get in the middle of a forum flame war but I finally installed the V3 switches I got in like April or something.
As is usually the case for me, my comments will probably not make anyone happy, lol.
As I said before, if you think Climarepair is making anything at OEM NOS quality, you are going to be super bummed. They are just 3D printed painted copies. Whatever.
Considering Porschetax, they are kinda reasonably priced.
These are a perfect temporary replacement for your beat switches as you either repaint yours with model paint, or get someone else to repaint your OEM ones with a higher quality paint...that is my plan in any case. These are perfectly decent as a stop gap. Also, I think the OEM ones are straight up **** and so are the OEM *****. They look good on the museum kept 997 GT3s and RS models I have seen but my car is a C2S daily, so these switches get touched a lot every single time I get in the car. I have a friend who has a cayman daily and his look equally crappy.
Regardless, on a car north of $100k, there should be something better or more classy as an OEM option. Porsche definitely dropped the ball on the HVAC and ICE on the 997 IMO.
A couple things I will say is the climarepair instructions are not super good.
1. The side panel thingies (step 3) are way harder to get off when you have extended leather. The drivers side comes off pretty easy but the passenger side had me vexed for a while. I even got my wife to try. Finally, I tried different leverage points, and in relation to the instructions, I would say to insert a small flat head screw driver as pictured but to (GENTLY!) wedge upwards, while applying upwards pressure (GENTLY!) from your grip on the bottom. When I did that, it popped off but be prepared to be very patient during this step.
2. Step 7 says the LCD screen comes out in 4 pieces and "more on that later!" uh... so, like, when? haha. There is not more on that later. PAY ATTENTION to how it comes out!! You will need to reverse engineer it. The video is 100% useless and just has weird music to it. So, to Climarepair, I would recommend talking through it and taking some time to video each step. For example, I would have done it for you just for the free parts and posted on YouTube...just a suggestion.
3. Taking the actual switches out (step 8) is similar to the side panels in step 3. It isn't really well described and the video is not really helpful. You need to be patient, and try to get the white part out of its clips while pushing through those little pegs. When the little pegs fall out PAY ATTENTION to how they were in there. It is not as intuitive as one would assume but no part of this is hard or anything.
The photos are just with lights on/off with my iphone X.
I will report back if they explode or something but I am assuming they will hold up as good as the Porsche ones, which is what it is. I do agree with climarepair, that you should not use the mid-nub (that's a technical term BTW) to toggle but instead, you should press above or below the nub to extend the life of the paint on the OEM ones or on any versions.

EDIT:
here is a super raw iphone video to show how they look with the lights on/off.

Last edited by jamesinger; 12-23-2018 at 12:27 AM.
Old 12-23-2018, 09:04 AM
cosm3os
Burning Brakes

Anyone notice Climacrap hasn't responded since being confronted with good pics of V.crap and their own instructions that warn against touching them?!
Old 12-23-2018, 09:33 AM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel like I just went down the internet black hole on a 4chan board after reading every single post in this thread
Old 12-23-2018, 02:04 PM
Presto
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts

This is nuts, why are people still buying this? Really I don’t get it. I’d rather drive with oem destroyed switches than pay for this level amateur quality. Not to mention the vendor thinks their switches are excellent and that they provide A+ customer service when it’s clearly not the case.

Quick Reply: Damned AC buttons-- a fix???