Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damned AC buttons-- a fix???

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 04:35 AM
Thefinn
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey sorry Ervin I am in the UK so I used a product called plastikote which I thought was the same as your plastidip but I guess it's not as it didn't peal and the match in finish is very good. Anyway glad you are happy with the MAC buttons they are looking sharp and so much better than dodgy pealing ones that we had originally.
Old 01-21-2018, 05:24 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 68 Posts

Another bulk set ready to be shipped to Dallas, Texas

Old 01-21-2018, 06:13 PM
tribe
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MAcarbon
The (updated) guide can be found here: http://www.macarbon.com/install_guid...structions.pdf
Thank you for the clear instructions! Just a small correction, at least on my car, step 11 was a T-20 not T-15 torx. T-15 would work but was loose, the T-20 was a much better fit.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:12 AM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tribe

Thank you for the clear instructions! Just a small correction, at least on my car, step 11 was a T-20 not T-15 torx. T-15 would work but was loose, the T-20 was a much better fit.
Hi,

It is a T20 indeed, as shown in our instructions: http://www.climarepair.com/content/instructions.pdf

Best regards,
John
Old 01-27-2018, 11:21 PM
mbatarga
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 31 Posts

I got my new switches from MAcarbon earlier this week and had the time to install them today. I followed the PDF file for the instructions which I found fairly straightforward. The trickiest part was removal of the original switches using the 3 picks. You just have to be patient and not force them. I am very impressed with the quality - it definitely looks OEM - unlike some of the other options! I'd highly recommend the MAcarbon product. (Cores will be on their way back early next week.)

Old 01-29-2018, 02:23 PM
garyinseattle
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone buys these, please make sure to keep all of your paperwork. I purchased a set of first generation, and did not install them. I changed jobs and have a new email address, so I no longer have the information for my purchase, since I kept it in an electronic file. I have not had luck getting my first gen switches upgraded to these new ones, which look much better.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:42 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mbatarga
I got my new switches from MAcarbon earlier this week and had the time to install them today. I followed the PDF file for the instructions which I found fairly straightforward. The trickiest part was removal of the original switches using the 3 picks. You just have to be patient and not force them. I am very impressed with the quality - it definitely looks OEM - unlike some of the other options! I'd highly recommend the MAcarbon product. (Cores will be on their way back early next week.)

Hello mbatarga,

There is an easier way to remove the original switches than using the 3 picks. Its explained in our tutorial video:

Best regards
Old 01-29-2018, 10:34 PM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 161 Posts

@climareapair - I mailed back my switches to you in Spain and sent the tracking # as you requested so you could process the refund. Can you let me know status. I sent 5 emails. Thx!
Old 01-31-2018, 12:25 AM
Maciej Maniecki
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Very satisfied MAcarbon Inc customer!

I am the customer that John from MAcarbon Inc refers to in his post 01-05-2018. I have no whatsoever affiliation with MAcarbon Inc nor John (I am from Denmark and have only lived in the US for 11 months. Met Jon for the first time when visiting his shop for the install). I contacted John when after having read this post and asked him to reserve a A/C button set for me in addition to if he would be willing to install the buttons for me. John is very responsive and professional. I appreciated the correspondence, honesty and especially his accommodating nature. My car battery died after arriving to the shop and John took his time to help out a fellow car enthusiast even without charging for it! I am very impressed with the quality of the A/C buttons which definitely have an OEM look and feel! I can highly recommend MAcarbon Inc!!
Old 02-01-2018, 12:24 AM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBruce
@climareapair - I mailed back my switches to you in Spain and sent the tracking # as you requested so you could process the refund. Can you let me know status. I sent 5 emails. Thx!
@climarepair - hello, hello!
Old 02-01-2018, 09:50 AM
mbatarga
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 31 Posts

I do want to point out - although it should be obvious - there are at TWO vendors' products being discussed in this thread that replace the switches. (I'm not talking about the sticker/repaint options.)

When you are shopping - do your research before you choose which to purchase! I opted for MAcarbon since they use the OEM product and refinish it.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:25 PM
surfinglbi23
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like two great solutions, glad someone is addressing this problem!
Old 02-01-2018, 05:52 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TheBruce
Hello there! We already answered your email
As we said, we need the package to arrive to us in order to place the refund. In the past we used to issue the refund as soon as we had a tracking number, but a couple customers asked to return their orders and sent an empty box in the past (one of them supposedly contained 5 kits....), so we sadly had to modify the protocol on this... not cool I know sorry for the inconveniences Grant!
Old 02-02-2018, 09:28 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Received 355 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by MAcarbon
Thanks jfort for the feedback. I have updated the guide to reflect your feedback. The T6 is the right screwdriver. My T7 fit OK since its seen some mileage but those screws are T6s. For removing the buttons, I've blown up the removal photo a little more and added some arrows. I also added a photo of the layout for the LCD. Hopefully this helps. For the side panels, I've added a note about rotating them. But I prefer to take them out. It also helps with cleaning when you put everything back together.

The (updated) guide can be found here: http://www.macarbon.com/install_guid...structions.pdf

We have Batch 3 coming in tomorrow. Three of the four sets are sold. If anyone is ready to move forward, please order through the site or call us at the shop. +1.65.489.4415. I don't expect batch 4 to be done for another 4-6 weeks as the Batch 2 cores have been a little slow coming back.
Here is the link for ordering: https://macarbon.com/index.php?optio...=47&Itemid=658
Do you still have a slot for Batch 3? Please confirm before ordering.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:51 AM
bstmusic
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Received my Clima Repair switches 10 days from the date I placed the order. Switches look great. Now I just need my 911 - should get delivery on in another week or so....

Quick Reply: Damned AC buttons-- a fix???