Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damned AC buttons-- a fix???

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 11:21 PM
CHF3
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Complete ripoff. I believe in Karma, and this individual and "company" will get theirs in due time. I don't know how someone could ship this "product" for $100 and feel good about taking folks hard earned $$. No amount of delusion or self convincing can overcome the wrongs here. Do the right thing and issue an apology and a refund...at least a partial refund to salvage any credibility or reputation.

QUOTE=motopix;14264174]If you look at his profile/statistics/find all posts, it's pretty clear where the bulk of his 101 posts are focused.

He's not fooling anybody.

Except the owners of this forum by not becoming a sponsor to sell here.[/QUOTE]
Old 07-05-2017, 08:22 AM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by motopix
If you look at his profile/statistics/find all posts, it's pretty clear where the bulk of his 101 posts are focused.

He's not fooling anybody.

Except the owners of this forum by not becoming a sponsor to sell here.
Hello there, my name is John.

I don´t know if I´m allowed to post here info about climarepair, but just wanted to clarify we are sponsors of the forum. Also would like to add the member "renncayman" is not affiliated with us, but he is probably a very happy customer!

If anyone had a problem with any of our products, the fastest way to get a response from us is sending an email to replacementswitches@gmail.com

We are sorry if sometimes we are a bit slow giving an answer, but we receive many inquiries and the timezone difference doesn't help either!

Best regards,
John

Last edited by Climarepair.com; 01-26-2018 at 07:17 PM.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:32 PM
SpeedyD
Burning Brakes

Received 165 Likes on 112 Posts

The switches look pretty bad in every pic I see... even the favorably staged ones.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:25 PM
WhipE350
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

I got my 2007 C2S about two months ago and it was in horrible cosmetic shape...well except for the AC buttons! So odd and the folks that owned it were not likely to fix anything like this. They are not sticky at all and are basically new. If I took a pic an we tell who makes them? Just curious since I also have a Boxster that could use the same.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:50 PM
cosm3os
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Climarepair.com
Hello there, my name is John.

I don´t know if I´m allowed to post here info about climarepair, but just wanted to clarify we are sponsors of the forum. Also would like to add the member "renncayman" is not affiliated with us, but he is probably a very happy customer!

If anyone had a problem with any of our products, the fastest way to get a response from us is sending an email to replacementparts@gmail.com

We are sorry if sometimes we are a bit slow giving an answer, but we receive many inquiries and the timezone difference doesn't help either!

Best regards,
John
So let me get this straight, "John". Your are a forum sponsor and renncayman is not affiliated. Yet, you let your product get hammered (deservedly so) on the forum you sponsor for 7 months and let the unaffiliated renncayman defend your garbage product.

That doesn't sound like someone who feels very strongly re the quality of your product!
Old 07-05-2017, 03:16 PM
motopix
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cosm3os
So let me get this straight, "John". Your are a forum sponsor and renncayman is not affiliated. Yet, you let your product get hammered (deservedly so) on the forum you sponsor for 7 months and let the unaffiliated renncayman defend your garbage product.

That doesn't sound like someone who feels very strongly re the quality of your product!
May 2017 join date.

But it gets better. From climarepair.com user profile:

Total Posts: 52
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Find all posts by Climarepair.com
Find all threads started by Climarepair.com

But you click on "Find all posts"... and you get two posts. So it looks like someone got their profile name changed.

C'mon John, you work for CNN don't you?

Last edited by motopix; 07-05-2017 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:22 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

May 2017 join date.
And renncayman says he's from CA but is listening to a Spanish radio station. And Climarepairs site is registered in Spain. Smh
Old 07-05-2017, 07:56 PM
Grant L
Intermediate

Then there is this marketing email (also from John).

https://www.google.com/search?q=810+...+Florida+32099

WAT?
Old 07-06-2017, 12:47 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by WhipE350
I got my 2007 C2S about two months ago and it was in horrible cosmetic shape...well except for the AC buttons! So odd and the folks that owned it were not likely to fix anything like this. They are not sticky at all and are basically new. If I took a pic an we tell who makes them? Just curious since I also have a Boxster that could use the same.
Hello,

On late 2007 Porsche switched to a new version of buttons, which hold on much longer.
Old 07-06-2017, 12:55 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Hello cosm3os,

We joined reenlist only a few weeks ago, but unfortunately we really don't have that much time now to dedicate. As a manufactured part, our replacement buttons were improved "day after day". On April we launched the V2 version, which offers an awesome improvement over the first version (main reason is the manufacture process changed completely, we now use laser technology to built the buttons).

We are really concerned about unhappy customers, in fact, many -if not all- of our former customers who receive a faulty set of buttons got an improved replacement or a second generation button for free, but we strongly recommend using our email as the main communication line in order to get support from us. Now that we became sponsors we will also try to attend those who prefer private messages or the forum.

Best regards,
John
Old 07-06-2017, 01:09 PM
renncayman
Instructor

So it looks like someone got their profile name changed.
Are you sure???

Old 07-06-2017, 01:12 PM
renncayman
Instructor

Originally Posted by nwGTS
And renncayman says he's from CA but is listening to a Spanish radio station. And Climarepairs site is registered in Spain. Smh
Can you please show me WERE THE HELL did you see me listening to a Spanish radio Station???? Really dude, if you are going to lie at least try show an evidence!
Old 07-06-2017, 04:47 PM
cosm3os
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Climarepair.com
Hello cosm3os,

We joined reenlist only a few weeks ago, but unfortunately we really don't have that much time now to dedicate. As a manufactured part, our replacement buttons were improved "day after day". On April we launched the V2 version, which offers an awesome improvement over the first version (main reason is the manufacture process changed completely, we now use laser technology to built the buttons).

We are really concerned about unhappy customers, in fact, many -if not all- of our former customers who receive a faulty set of buttons got an improved replacement or a second generation button for free, but we strongly recommend using our email as the main communication line in order to get support from us. Now that we became sponsors we will also try to attend those who prefer private messages or the forum.

Best regards,
John
Translation: we started it by selling garbage. Then we admitted it was garbage, but rather than do the right thing and offer refunds, we insisted on replacing the garbage with something less garbage. You'll just have to trust us, it's not the same garbage. No, we won't refund your money if you don't like the second set of garbage we send you. You should have looked at the staged photos on the website before buying.

We are really concerned about holding onto our disappointed customers' money, so you will have to have you credit card company step in.
Old 07-06-2017, 05:29 PM
SpeedyD
Burning Brakes

Received 165 Likes on 112 Posts

The switches still look awful. My opinion.

Everything else.... almost amusing.
Old 07-06-2017, 05:33 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Translation: we started it by selling garbage. Then we admitted it was garbage, but rather than do the right thing and offer refunds, we insisted on replacing the garbage with something less garbage. You'll just have to trust us, it's not the same garbage. No, we won't refund your money if you don't like the second set of garbage we send you. You should have looked at the staged photos on the website before buying.

We are really concerned about holding onto our disappointed customers' money, so you will have to have you credit card company step in.
We did place refunds to some customers who kindly asked so (they just had to send the buttons back to us).
Others (very few luckily) decided to open a dispute on Paypal before even contacting us, and Paypal gave us the reason so those customers didn't get the refund (maybe thats your case?). It´s the risk you take when you choose to let Paypal decide.

If you have doubts about the quality we offer nowadays, please take a look at this video we just released:

Best regards

Quick Reply: Damned AC buttons-- a fix???