Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damned AC buttons-- a fix???

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 12:39 PM
garyinseattle
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my buttons in the mail today, looking forward to digging into this project.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:41 PM
Ditchhanger
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I finally received mine after ordering on January 18. They were shipped on February 27 and I received them on March 6...that was with expedited shipping. I was hoping that maybe the other posts were just from a bad batch or whatever, but nope. Mine were just as bad. My 68- year old mother saw them and said they look like crap...that says something. I have emailed them requesting a full refund and to pay for the shipping back. I was hopeful and ordered after seeing the initial (now questionable) posts here and pics on their website (which are far from high resolution and are taken in such a matter that hides the obvious "rough" look). A good idea, just poorly executed. I would advise people who have experienced this to seriously make the right considerations before spending $100+ for something that could be done on your own.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:22 PM
cosm3os
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts

Funny thing. Seller responded quickly when I tried to cancel before they shipped. Suggested that competitors were posting bad pictures to hurt his business. Sent an email after received requesting a refund. No response. He also didn't "approve" my negative review of the product in his website.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:46 PM
Ditchhanger
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cosm3os
Funny thing. Seller responded quickly when I tried to cancel before they shipped. Suggested that competitors were posting bad pictures to hurt his business. Sent an email after received requesting a refund. No response. He also didn't "approve" my negative review of the product in his website.
Hmmm...How typical of bad business practices. If they don't respond in a timely manner, I'll just call the credit card company.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:30 PM
German888
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Finally someone pulled their head out and did what I've been suggesting all along. Results speak for themselves. Cost $4.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...ml#post4615797
Old 03-09-2017, 09:38 PM
tontor33
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Seriously?

Originally Posted by renncayman
Yes, very nice detective work, except you missed something important: I moved to Spain with my family in year 2000, and moved back to the USA in 2009, so english is like my second language. Half of my family lives in Spain, so I tend to travel there at least 3 times a year, landing in Madrid because most flights to Spain lands there. And yes, I remember a long stop over in Madrid´s airport where I connected to this forum. So what?

I also tend to write only in the threats I´m subscribed to, because I don´t like to gossip if I don´t have something interesting to add to the discussion.

And dont worry, I dont speak english properly but I´m a US citizen (if you have some kind of problem regarding immigration don´t worry, you can always vote D. Trump, here are my TWO passports, the Spanish and the US:

Enough stupidity for today.
So of all the things I noted in my post, you choose to key in on the fact that I used your and I quote: "slightly broken english" as supporting evidence of a Spain connection to go off on a tangent and accuse me of being an immigrant hating Trump supporter? WTF dude? I could give a crap honestly where you are from, the real problem is your story still doesn't add up. If you have nothing to hide how about answering some questions?

1. How come every thread you subscribe to is almost exclusively related to Climalite products or a/c buttons?

2. Why do you continuously defend the product and actively try to dismiss people that post with descriptions (and photographic proof) of a poor product?

3. If you moved back here in 2009 why are the pictures of your car you posted on November 25th, 2013 taken in Spain?

4. Why is Climalite using YOUR words in their customer service correspondence?

5. Are you in any way, shape, or form affiliated with Climalite?

6. Seriously, what was the point of taking a picture of a couple of passports? Jeez...

The only stupidity today is the fact that instead of either addressing the fact that your posts are ridiculously pro Climalite or ignoring the post altogether, you chose to try to paint me as an immigrant hater in a transparent effort to change the subject.

Based on the shady representation of the product, the fact that customer service won't cancel orders, and won't offer refunds to people that received an inferior product, I don't think that it's out of the realm of possibility that the company has someone shilling the product and managing bad PR with a dedicated rennlist account... do you?
Old 03-09-2017, 10:05 PM
German888
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought this case was closed?...
Old 03-09-2017, 10:35 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 349 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by German888
I thought this case was closed?...
Case closed. Those replacements look horrible.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:29 AM
renncayman
Instructor

This is getting funny

Yesterday I had some free time and enjoyed playing around. I wasnt sure to publish this to feed the troll, but what the heck...

so yes, there are plenty of Californian cars in spain LOL
Old 03-12-2017, 05:56 PM
renncayman
Instructor

Originally Posted by ric-ko
I'm thrilled with mine. No more eye sore.
No way, you must be climarepair's owner
Old 03-12-2017, 10:10 PM
Pokerpot
Intermediate

Cayman, you're trying too hard.

Got my buttons and they are awful. No answer from the owners yet. They are going to either issue me a refund or I'll get my credit card to take care of it ASAP.

Was a shame because I was actually happy to pay 100 bucks to get some good quality buttons.

I understand rolling out a product is difficult but these literally look like they are in prototype status. It's a shame because I firmly believe they would easily sell thousands of units if they made a quality product. Jumping the gun and taking the money early with a substandard release is going to cost them in the long run.

Hopefully they can right the ship.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:19 PM
MagnusB
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Why not go with Stickynomore?
Looks much better.

https://stickynomore.com/
Attached Images  
Old 03-13-2017, 02:10 AM
jdgamble
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

This is getting funny

Yesterday I had some free time and enjoyed playing around. I wasnt sure to publish this to feed the troll, but what the heck...

https://vimeo.com/207994490

Ha. Well there's proof! Not nearly as convincing as the post with your LinkedIn profile that was deleted.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:57 PM
Ditchhanger
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pokerpot
Cayman, you're trying too hard.

Got my buttons and they are awful. No answer from the owners yet. They are going to either issue me a refund or I'll get my credit card to take care of it ASAP.

Was a shame because I was actually happy to pay 100 bucks to get some good quality buttons.

I understand rolling out a product is difficult but these literally look like they are in prototype status. It's a shame because I firmly believe they would easily sell thousands of units if they made a quality product. Jumping the gun and taking the money early with a substandard release is going to cost them in the long run.

Hopefully they can right the ship.
Well, I got a response from them after sending a polite but factual email regarding my unhappiness with the quality. I asked for a refund and a postage label to ship it back to SPAIN (I should not have to pay for expedited shipping and have it take almost 2 months to arrive, then pay international shipping to return a bad product). They responded the next day and offered an exchange saying there were issues with very few shipments (only 4 they were notified about ), but not a refund because it was my responsibility to look at all the high-res pics on their website. I didn't respond. I just called my credit card company to take care of it.

I'm with you...I would have gladly paid $100 for some quality replacements. However, how things are being done are just not good business practices. Not sure how they can right the ship.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:11 PM
tontor33
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is getting funny

https://vimeo.com/207994490

6 questions, 0 answers. As has been said before... case closed. We'll see you in 2 years when the next POS Climalite product launches.
The following users liked this post:
Motopilot (09-08-2020)

Quick Reply: Damned AC buttons-- a fix???