Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSC Sport PASM control

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 06:27 PM
drockzcity
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you can get a US one going I'd be interested.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:56 PM
Colindykes
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone tried the Tractive dampers on a 997.1 Carrera S.
I have the DSC Module and find turn in much improved. The sport mode is usable, and gives a much better sense of straight line stability at speed on the motorway.

I still find ride in soft mode too firm down my usual back road to work, such that speed is limited by bumping about. Hence wondering about the Tractive dampers.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:11 PM
parlette12
Track Day

In in for a US group buy
Old 01-18-2017, 07:16 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,483 Likes on 4,127 Posts

Originally Posted by Colindykes
Has anyone tried the Tractive dampers on a 997.1 Carrera S.
I have the DSC Module and find turn in much improved. The sport mode is usable, and gives a much better sense of straight line stability at speed on the motorway.

I still find ride in soft mode too firm down my usual back road to work, such that speed is limited by bumping about. Hence wondering about the Tractive dampers.
You know you can hook your box up to your PC and modify the parameters for the 2 modes, right? Maybe you want to further soften normal mode for your bumpy back road.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:56 PM
ChicagoSpeed996
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default DSC group buy

US group buy started. We need 5 and more for the group buy. The group buy is 10% off the original price.
Hey UK and Euro group buyers, we may be able to get a much better price and ship to you? I am not sure if that is feasible or not?

Indicate if you have 997.1 or 997.2 as the 997.1 also require the accelerometer

1. Chicagospeed996 - 997.1
2. Drockzcity
3. Parlette12
Old 01-19-2017, 06:44 AM
ehsteve
Track Day

Originally Posted by ChicagoSpeed996
US group buy started. We need 5 and more for the group buy. The group buy is 10% off the original price.
Hey UK and Euro group buyers, we may be able to get a much better price and ship to you? I am not sure if that is feasible or not?

Indicate if you have 997.1 or 997.2 as the 997.1 also require the accelerometer

1. Chicagospeed996 - 997.1
2. Drockzcity
3. Parlette12
4. ehsteve

I think from the US would still be the cheapest option? You can also add 5 names instantly
I need it for a 997.1 Turbo with techart lowering springs(they have a programme for lowered cars apparently)
Old 01-19-2017, 07:32 AM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I can join US group buy if it gets closer to 5 .. it can be shipped to a friend of mine in the US, and who can then reship to UK as low value present for tax and import purposes.
Old 01-19-2017, 08:50 AM
ehsteve
Track Day

I also have a US address, though shipping was free iirc.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:28 AM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

US Group Buy

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...group-buy.html
Old 01-27-2017, 02:31 AM
iamksharp
Track Day

I am in for US group buy
Old 08-22-2017, 10:50 PM
Joe Lapin
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Complete Satisfaction with DSC

Driving an 09 C2S, with PASM sport suspension, I have used the DSC module for over 2 years with absolute delight! Originally, it came as the 3 mode unit, but I had it reprogrammed as the newer, 2 mode unit.

I track about 15 days per year, at a wonderful track north of Montreal, Circuit Mont Tremblant, known to be a 'technical' layout. The area is a magnificent, well established ski/golf destination.

Previously, I had modified a 996 C4S with stiffer shocks, B 8 shocks, H&R springs, Tarret sway bars, and though it sat lower, and tighter on the track, it was no longer my beloved Porsche sports Car. It had morphed into a steroidal bully!

The DSC module is a technical marvel!
Compared to the standard PASM set up, it is softer with my wife aboard, on our freeze cracked roads, and stiffer and MORE PRECISE on the track. My lap times improved, cornering speeds are higher, transitions are quicker and more predictable.

Frankly, it is easily the best money one can spend on a PASM car. Easy to install, invisible in use, it is probably worth twice it's current price!

BTW, I have no commercial relationship with TPC. I am just a very happy consumer hoping to share my enthusiasm,
Old 02-02-2023, 11:24 AM
RP4S911
Pro

Received 579 Likes on 292 Posts

Reviving this from the dead, only because I see a lot of experienced DSC users!

I ordered the new DSC very recently, but haven't had the chance to install it yet. Reason being is I want the better slow speed ride if I can, but I'm tired of having to switch into the PASM Sport mode when I enter some bends and then back off (because with my Techart springs, the PASM Sport mode will crack your teeth while smiling on average slow roads).

My question is...
The OEM PASM setting is mearly just a 20% static firmness in Normal, and then 80% firmness on PASM Sport (button on). So with the DSC on in Normal (button/light not on) mode, it'll fluctuate in real-time from 3%-100% on the fly. Does that mean that I can keep it on Normal DSC mode and it'll automatically match the performance of the PASM Sport? So essentially I'm wondering if it'll still keep all my PASM Sport performance or better in just DSC Normal mode. I understand if I put it on DSC Sport it'll be perform even more over stock, but I'll save that for dedicated spirited drives.

Any experienced insight would be great. Thanks in advance.
-Rick

Old 02-02-2023, 01:46 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,536 Likes on 925 Posts

2009 C2S 186K miles w/DSC

What year is your car?

I wanted the same.... I keep mine in Sport mode all the time, and drop to Normal only on really bumpy/gravel roads. To make this work, I tweaked the software. In short, I started with the sport settings, made some tweaks to get the car into the main table faster (can't really remember all), but made the softest settings soft. So when I am driving slowly, the car is like being in "normal". Speed up and I am back into Sport. Now the DSC in its softest setting is actually too soft as the car gets bouncy, so I found the setting just above softest that stops the bounciness. That pretty much describes Sport mode for me and is what I drive in almost all the time.

For Normal, I think all I did... if I even had to something as I can't remember, was make the lowest setting the lowest for bouncy soft. Again, not sure I even had to do this as I jsut don't remember. I didn't care about other settings as I don't drive with them. Normal was for those really bad roads where you drive slowly anyway.

There is more to my story as when I purchased mine years ago, I had an issue at high sustained speeds.... interacting with DSC, they gave me some high-speed parameters to tweak which I saw they then incorporated into their subsequent releases. Anywho, when you are ready, I can provide you with my file. You just save your original file, then load mine. If you don't like it, you can re-load your original file, or get the latest from DSC. Before you do any loading, check with DSC in case they made hardware changes that make my file incompatible with yours.

Peace
Bruce in Philly (now Atlanta)
The following users liked this post:
Spastblast (02-03-2023)
Old 02-02-2023, 02:01 PM
RP4S911
Pro

Received 579 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
2009 C2S 186K miles w/DSC

What year is your car?

I wanted the same.... I keep mine in Sport mode all the time, and drop to Normal only on really bumpy/gravel roads. To make this work, I tweaked the software. In short, I started with the sport settings, made some tweaks to get the car into the main table faster (can't really remember all), but made the softest settings soft. So when I am driving slowly, the car is like being in "normal". Speed up and I am back into Sport. Now the DSC in its softest setting is actually too soft as the car gets bouncy, so I found the setting just above softest that stops the bounciness. That pretty much describes Sport mode for me and is what I drive in almost all the time.

For Normal, I think all I did... if I even had to something as I can't remember, was make the lowest setting the lowest for bouncy soft. Again, not sure I even had to do this as I jsut don't remember. I didn't care about other settings as I don't drive with them. Normal was for those really bad roads where you drive slowly anyway.

There is more to my story as when I purchased mine years ago, I had an issue at high sustained speeds.... interacting with DSC, they gave me some high-speed parameters to tweak which I saw they then incorporated into their subsequent releases. Anywho, when you are ready, I can provide you with my file. You just save your original file, then load mine. If you don't like it, you can re-load your original file, or get the latest from DSC. Before you do any loading, check with DSC in case they made hardware changes that make my file incompatible with yours.

Peace
Thanks so much for the info Bruce. It would be on a 997.1 C2S.
Just curious, what changes did they advise for high-speed specs?
Old 02-02-2023, 02:53 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,536 Likes on 925 Posts

Originally Posted by RP4S911
Thanks so much for the info Bruce. It would be on a 997.1 C2S.
Just curious, what changes did they advise for high-speed specs?
.1 cars require the addition of the accelerometer to fully work.

What was happening at sustained high speed, was the car would sway if the road was undulating... DSC had me bump up the percentages in the speed table for those higher speeds. The car was too soft at high speeds. DSC has since bumped up those values in subsequent sales. This bump up stabilized the car perfectly. They noted that I was the only person to contact them about this.

Peace
The following users liked this post:
RP4S911 (02-02-2023)

Quick Reply: DSC Sport PASM control