Sponsored by:

DIY and Review - Function First Transmission Mount Insert for 997.2

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2023, 10:07 AM
GTSpure
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by waterpanda
I too have found conflicting torque values on various forum thread posts during my install - so my main source of truth was the workshop manuals since my trust goes towards the manufacturer.

I would guess the shape of the inserts just follows same design of original foam pieces - perhaps it extends out towards the front as additional coverage to dampen any possible metal-on-metal contact with the forward transmission holder.

Curious to hear from PP and FF directly as well, have you contacted them?

The Workshop Manual I'm using came from here: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...copy-here.html

RE: 997.2 PDK - according to WM 373419 - thru bolt torque value reads 120nm / 89 ft/lb.
I don't know how to "tag" them in the forum. :-/
If you know how I would be happy (for the benefit of all of us).
Thanks bro

*I will now send a private message to LUKA from FF in the hope that he will respond to both issues (the direction, which probably doesn't matter .. and the Torque, which is very important).
He is a lovely guy and they have amazing products.

The following users liked this post:
waterpanda (10-08-2023)
Old 10-10-2023, 03:06 PM
Function-First
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

Hello everyone, sorry for not responding sooner. Thanks for bringing this question to my attention @GTSpure !

Regarding the FFP Transmission Mount Insert orientation, the "ears" should point towards the front of the car. As mentioned above, it emulates the orientation of the rubber-foam OEM "bump / stop" pieces. Please see the attached picture below.

As for the fastener torque values, the Workshop Manual quotes the following:

M10 fasteners = 48 ft-lbs
  • this is for the metal support brackets that bolt to the chassis
  • also for the 2x thru-bolts that go through the 996 and 997.1 OEM transmission bushing

M12 fastener = 89 ft-lbs
  • this is for the single thru-bolt that goes through the 997.2 OEM transmission bushing

Comprehensive Shifting Solutions for your Porsche.
The following users liked this post:
GTSpure (10-10-2023)
Old 10-10-2023, 03:27 PM
GTSpure
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Function-First
Hello everyone, sorry for not responding sooner. Thanks for bringing this question to my attention @GTSpure !

Regarding the FFP Transmission Mount Insert orientation, the "ears" should point towards the front of the car. As mentioned above, it emulates the orientation of the rubber-foam OEM "bump / stop" pieces. Please see the attached picture below.

As for the fastener torque values, the Workshop Manual quotes the following:

M10 fasteners = 48 ft-lbs
  • this is for the metal support brackets that bolt to the chassis
  • also for the 2x thru-bolts that go through the 996 and 997.1 OEM transmission bushing

M12 fastener = 89 ft-lbs
  • this is for the single thru-bolt that goes through the 997.2 OEM transmission bushing

Thank you very much Luka! ❤️
The clarification is very important. So there is a significant difference between a single screw (120NM) in the 997.2 and 2 screws (85NM) in the 997.1/996 models...
[I will recommend pelican parts to clarify this in their video.]
Thanks

Quick Reply: DIY and Review - Function First Transmission Mount Insert for 997.2