Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many plan to eventually get into a 991?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 03:03 AM
Louis de Funes
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 245 Posts

I do not think I will get a 991.
I do have to admit that I like the idea of the sunroof delete / it would also have to be manual. So I am not saying it will never be on my list but not at this time.

My next car will be a GTS - I have been looking but nothing that really fancy's me has shown up. Thus far the once I liked all have PDK and I am just not into it.

so I just will enjoy my 911 for the time being
Old 07-31-2016, 03:14 AM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 382 Likes on 247 Posts

I find the exterior growing on me more and more I see the 991's. Further I could see the older I get and thus the cheaper the 991's are, I may change into one. Mainly for the comforts and updates available that 30 something year old me doesn't need now, but as I age would appreciate later in life. Just got the girlfriend a 2012 E350 and it makes my 997.1 seem so dated with its technology.
Old 07-31-2016, 08:32 AM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Nice new ride. Congrats.
T
Old 07-31-2016, 09:43 AM
Fined
Three Wheelin'

Received 209 Likes on 141 Posts

Congrats. Agate is a stunning color.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:50 AM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

Congrats on the new whip, Storm!

I can't imagine anything better than taking a backroads road trip at the get-go to properly enjoy your gorgeous 991!

Have you posted a trip report somewhere?!

Looking forward to seeing if you decide to go the Aerokit route...I suspect that depending on your usage it may be necessary, but I do prefer the clean lines of the 991 sans kit.

Safe travels and enjoy her in the best of health!

PS Glad that you found a good home for the 997 to one of our Own!

Originally Posted by StormRune
Way back in post 78 of this thread I said that I had started thinking about moving in to a 991. Since this thread is where I first mentioned it and it seemed the only right place in the 997 thread to say this, I thought I'd make the first intro of my new-to-me 991 4S here before moving my concentration to the 991 forum, but I hope you guys will still let me pitch in here at times as well.

I recently had the good fortune to see my 997.2 move into Own Goal's hands. I feel it has found a great home where it will be loved, respected, and taken great care of. Thank you Jim and I hope you have many great miles behind the wheel!

I had been actively looking at 991s since early May and for the first time last week I saw a car on the Porsche NA site that had everything that was on my must-have list and my would-like-to-have list except for the aerokit. I have been uncertain about that anyway (I actually like the 991 tails without it a lot), and if I ever felt compelled I could buy that from Porsche as a kit.

I am currently driving it home from Salt Lake City to Austin, taking the more-interesting routes that involve minimal interstates and lots of Colorado winding roads and wide open New Mexico backroads.

Once I make it home I'll post some more about the car and my observations about it, but for now here are some shots I took this morning with my iPhone just south of Grand Junction, CO. I thought the landscape and sky looked just right. It is a 2014 4S in Agate Grey. I'll start with the obligatory 4S wide rear-end shot.

Old 07-31-2016, 10:07 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 359 Posts

Thanks for all the kind words. Dennis, that drive from Grand Junction past Ouray southward was stunning... you Colorado guys have some of the best roads and views to be had (I lived in Colorado Springs for 5 years and it has always been one of my favorite places to have lived). It was a great drive and I tested a few limits to get the feel for things. As Kellen brings up, it was the first time I felt like I had a Porsche with all of the latest interior tech... nice stuff to have even if I know it will change again in just a short time.

Now that I'm home I've already washed the car off before anyone can see the bug coating I picked up on the 1400 mile drive (and the rest of the bird parts in the intake I had mostly dug out on the roadside after I saw the hit! Fortunately no damage to the car I could find). After I've rested up and gotten work back under control I'll do a proper intro over on the 991 side of things so I don't hijack blitz997's 997->991 thread further.
Old 07-31-2016, 10:32 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,475 Likes on 926 Posts

Originally Posted by StormRune
Thanks for all the kind words. Dennis, that drive from Grand Junction past Ouray southward was stunning... you Colorado guys have some of the best roads and views to be had (I lived in Colorado Springs for 5 years and it has always been one of my favorite places to have lived). It was a great drive and I tested a few limits to get the feel for things. As Kellen brings up, it was the first time I felt like I had a Porsche with all of the latest interior tech... nice stuff to have even if I know it will change again in just a short time.

Now that I'm home I've already washed the car off before anyone can see the bug coating I picked up on the 1400 mile drive (and the rest of the bird parts in the intake I had mostly dug out on the roadside after I saw the hit! Fortunately no damage to the car I could find). After I've rested up and gotten work back under control I'll do a proper intro over on the 991 side of things so I don't hijack blitz997's 997->991 thread further.
You drove on The Million Dollar Highway! That's an awesome drive. Glad you enjoyed it. I feel blessed to live here. I previously lived in Indiana. Flat, straight roads aren't the best for a Porsche owner.

You've got some nice drives down there in the Hill Country too. I lived in Dripping Springs for a while, and it was nice.

Quick Reply: How many plan to eventually get into a 991?