Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2018 | 03:15 PM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by HiAperture

If you can deal with supple leather seats this seems like an exceptional deal for the mileage and full leather interior. Listed as auto but clearly a stick: https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...modelCode1=911
Or just buy NWGTS's Adaptive sport seats for sale! The supple leather is kind of weird, but at least it is something that can be swapped out for.
Old 04-11-2018 | 03:22 PM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Adams
Well, I've dang sure missed my share of nuggets and have ended up with a couple of those other things you reference! This one just worked out. Thanks.

Not to derail thread, but I couldn't stomach the big dollar Fuchs either and should've said 'replicas' since I got the Starke rims from Tire Rack. Got spacers for rear, titanium lug bolts, really like the look and stance.

I remember that too, and you were/are very supportive and encouraging! Your C2S is a fabulous spec car, glad you're enjoying it. Good for you on the miles! When I had my Ford GT, I rolled it up to 32k miles (same as yours) while the other owners had 3k miles and feather dusters in their back pockets. You sir make the hobby what it's about.

Far as the sale of the other GTS, to help this thread it was at the link following . Had a LOT of interest. Essentially brought asking price, which is not surprising considering similar spec cars at $4-8k higher. https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...-manual-3.html

Here's my back-up GTS with Fuchs, ducktail, lower painted body panels, and a few other tidbits. (Referenced in this and earlier posts in this thread.)
Are you running spacers with the fake Fuchs? if so, what size?
Old 04-11-2018 | 03:28 PM
HiAperture
Instructor

Originally Posted by Wasserkühlung
http://www.caseyscars.com/pre-owned-...che-911/198559 not a bad price for a .2 C2S Coupe. If it had three pedals I would be all over this one.
Not crazy about black wheels normally, although they suit this one, nice options!

One owner but there was damage on the carfax in 2016.
Old 04-11-2018 | 03:57 PM
MrSlacker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wasserkühlung
http://www.caseyscars.com/pre-owned-...che-911/198559 not a bad price for a .2 C2S Coupe. If it had three pedals I would be all over this one.
Originally Posted by HiAperture
Not crazy about black wheels normally, although they suit this one, nice options!

One owner but there was damage on the carfax in 2016.
I tried to buy that car before current seller got it. It had frame damage announcement as well. Front end has been painted, but very good job. It will need pads and rotors.

Kind of hating myself for not buying it, but its so close to 100K miles that it will depreciate a LOT within 1 year of how much I drive.
Old 04-11-2018 | 04:08 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dawgcatching
Or just buy NWGTS's Adaptive sport seats for sale! The supple leather is kind of weird, but at least it is something that can be swapped out for.
wait what? I'm not selling any seats. link?
Old 04-11-2018 | 06:09 PM
E368
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MrSlacker
I tried to buy that car before current seller got it. It had frame damage announcement as well. Front end has been painted, but very good job. It will need pads and rotors.

Kind of hating myself for not buying it, but its so close to 100K miles that it will depreciate a LOT within 1 year of how much I drive.
I'm a bit confused, and honestly not trying to be a smartazz, but you are upset for not buying it knowing that it had frame damage? Am I missing something? Is the part of the frame that was damaged replaceable versus repairable? I've owned bent framed cars before that were "straightened" and they were never right...
Old 04-11-2018 | 06:45 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by E368
I'm a bit confused, and honestly not trying to be a smartazz, but you are upset for not buying it knowing that it had frame damage? Am I missing something? Is the part of the frame that was damaged replaceable versus repairable? I've owned bent framed cars before that were "straightened" and they were never right...
I am confused also, that silver car did not have anywhere close to 100k miles.
Old 04-11-2018 | 06:54 PM
MrSlacker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by E368
Originally Posted by Bxstr
I am confused also, that silver car did not have anywhere close to 100k miles.
No offense taken. I can explain.

The car was at a wholesale auction. It sold for a lot less than seller's asking price. I did not buy it because it has too many miles for me. Frame damage sucks, but at the right price, its still worth buying.

I am letting you guys know about frame damage in case someone decides to look at it, they should know about it and ask for a big discount. I couldn't do a proper PPI because it was at an auction. So may be damage isnt a big deal and a proper PPI will give you a better idea
Old 04-11-2018 | 07:05 PM
E368
Rennlist Member

The car was at a wholesale auction. It sold for a lot less than seller's asking price. I did not buy it because it has too many miles for me. Frame damage sucks, but at the right price, its still worth buying.

I am letting you guys know about frame damage in case someone decides to look at it, they should know about it and ask for a big discount. I couldn't do a proper PPI because it was at an auction. So may be damage isnt a big deal and a proper PPI will give you a better idea
Ahhh, thanks for the explanation.
Old 04-11-2018 | 09:14 PM
jayson
Rennlist Member

How about a 996/997 Frankenstein car?

I'm actually morbidly curious as to what something like this would sell for.

https://www.autolist.com/porsche-911...AA2997XS622091
Old 04-11-2018 | 10:05 PM
robroy72
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jayson
How about a 996/997 Frankenstein car?

I'm actually morbidly curious as to what something like this would sell for.

https://www.autolist.com/porsche-911...AA2997XS622091
Yikes ... I thought the skirts and the rear bumper were bad, then I saw the interior :
Old 04-12-2018 | 02:08 AM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by nwGTS
wait what? I'm not selling any seats. link?
Sorry, wrong, 5-letter user handle! Sorry!

https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...k-leather.html

It basically makes the "it doesn't have sport seats, I can't buy it" argument moot. Get these, install them, sell them when you sell the car. You are out perhaps a grand.
Old 04-12-2018 | 02:12 AM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

From what I have seen, any 997/991 that recently ended up at a wholesale auction should be avoided at all costs. A dealer can take these on trade and flip them with little effort, or will sell them to a Porsche or specialty dealer in a hurry, also with little effort. A big red flag is being waved if nobody reputable wants the car on their lot.

Then again, there are always exceptions
Old 04-12-2018 | 09:12 AM
MrSlacker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dawgcatching
From what I have seen, any 997/991 that recently ended up at a wholesale auction should be avoided at all costs. A dealer can take these on trade and flip them with little effort, or will sell them to a Porsche or specialty dealer in a hurry, also with little effort. A big red flag is being waved if nobody reputable wants the car on their lot.

Then again, there are always exceptions
Do you have any examples?
I personally think this is a big misconception. A lot of dealers are in the business of moving cars. For example, I spoke to a Ford dealer that was wholesaling a 997.1. He said its simply not his market - his sales people do not know how to sell a car like that. They also do not have time to seek out "specialty" buyers to wholesale to. They send it to the auction and all of these "specialty" dealers bid on it. I see RAC and Toy Barn buy cars all the time at wholesale auctions.
I know someone who works in a local Porsche dealer. He said his manager refuses to sell anything older than 991.1 because even if 997.2 gets CPO, there is always an issue that comes up at some point and customers get upset. So manager decided not to sell them anymore. So what happens to trade ins? They go to the auction...

I have seen some EXCELLENT low mileage cars that were sold recently that were fresh Porsche dealer trades.

As an example of the white 997.2 that I commented on above - it sold for $35K.. Thats a $7,000 profit margin to fix any imperfections, maintenance items and etc.
Old 04-12-2018 | 02:42 PM
Vincent713
Three Wheelin'

I need experts' opinion on a car I'm interested in buying. It's a 2007 C4S with tiptronic. Off the bat, the car has been repainted purely for cosmetic reason. It use to be the Arctic Silver and has been painted to a Porsche code Grey color. It has a clean title and clear Carfax with no accident reported. Has all of services done with service records. Current owner added an aftermarket stereo receiver with bluetooth and wired connections for iphone CarPlay and Android Auto. He still has the original stereo head unit with Navi which will come with the car. Car has 44,500 miles and said there are no leaks on engine and exhaust. He's asking $35k, is this a good deal? Any feed backs are welcome. TIA

Quick Reply: 997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)