Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY for replacing the trunk / engine lid switch

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2022, 04:21 PM
DarkHorseMC
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Mine broke at the same place also... I ordered a $17 replacement off eBay... looks and feels identical to the original.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184401736948

I used a shorter length 5mm allen wrench and didn't have any issues with the seat being in the way. Also, to remove the switch from the sill plate, I used a wider (about an inch) pry tool to push each of the 4 tabs to allow me to push the switch out. I think the wider pry tool size will help reduce your chances of breaking the plastic tab.

All back together and good as new. Thanks for the write up here... saved me a lot of time.
Old 06-03-2023, 02:38 PM
Boxster4357
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Truck switch assembly

Originally Posted by bbachan
Hello Fellas,

Do you guys know where I can purchase the trunk switch. I'm looking for a replacement. Mine broke off. I'd appreciated it if guys can direct me somewhere or know if someone is selling a used one.

Thanks
Bruce B
Toronto, Canada
I replaced my trunk switch assembly with an eBay part. Easy job. Worked great.
Old 06-10-2023, 04:15 PM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

Received 299 Likes on 176 Posts

Figured I’d add this picture. After removing, painting and fixing switch a few times I think I’ve finally figured out the easiest way to remove the switch.

a thin flat head the size of the small slot. You can pop out each corner at a time. Wont break the plastic either.

The following users liked this post:
stasha (08-15-2023)
Old 08-15-2023, 12:29 PM
stasha
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Yep, this is the way to release the switch itself

Originally Posted by workhurts
Figured I’d add this picture. After removing, painting and fixing switch a few times I think I’ve finally figured out the easiest way to remove the switch.

a thin flat head the size of the small slot. You can pop out each corner at a time. Wont break the plastic either.

After numerous attempts to release the switch from the sill surround, tried this method and came out like a charm. It will not result in a cracked clip.

Quick Reply: DIY for replacing the trunk / engine lid switch