Matt Farah Review

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 12:19 PM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by jcsomerv
I had no idea who Matt Farrah was before watching the video and zero interest in ever watching another of his reviews. I thought it was unremarkable and boring.
Momma said that if you have nothing good to say...so I've said nothing, but you were straightforward and fully capture how his reviews come across...nothing to see/learn there for me...thanks for succinctly telling it like it is!

Now Chris Harris is something else...

P.S. Bad connection where I'm at and forgetting how to embed...if someone could help out...cheers

Last edited by david; 08-07-2015 at 12:20 PM. Reason: got the embed
Old 08-07-2015, 12:59 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,198 Likes on 765 Posts
Default Matt Farah Review

Originally Posted by david
Momma said that if you have nothing good to say...so I've said nothing, but you were straightforward and fully capture how his reviews come across...nothing to see/learn there for me...thanks for succinctly telling it like it is!

Now Chris Harris is something else...

P.S. Bad connection where I'm at and forgetting how to embed...if someone could help out...cheers
Posted fine, and +1 all around. Great seeing a 911 on alternative surfaces. That's a car that may require more than detailing spray!
Old 08-07-2015, 03:27 PM
jcsomerv
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

+1 on Mr. Harris.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:33 PM
SpeedyD
Burning Brakes

Received 168 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Carmichael
He admitted in one of his videos that he is a rich kid whose father provided for him, or something to that effect.

At least he admitted it ...
Yes, and there are many, many, many people out there with rich parents paving the way. He does admit to it, and doesn't hide it. He has a video of him by his parents Connecticut home too...

It's refreshing for someone to just be direct about things. It is also nice to have unedited reviews.

I enjoy Chris Harris' reviews a lot but they are slickly produced and, quite frankly, you can only see so many power slides in slow motion before it gets a bit old. Having a mix to choose from, that variety, is great IMHO. Clarkson, Needell, Harris, Farah and whoever else is enthusiastic about cars can be fun to watch.
Old 08-08-2015, 02:05 AM
Racetwin2
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks for posting. Another statement of what a complete sports car the 911 is.

As my salesman said: Drive it 1500 km to Nurburgring. Destroy one set of tires on the Ring. Drive it back home and still only service it every second year or 30000 km.
Old 08-08-2015, 02:29 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Chris Harris is interesting and intelligent, much moreso than Matt Farah. Matt is just fine though...he's plain spoken, less sophisticated. Both are giving their impressions...which, by definition, are valid. Nothing they are doing is scientific and they don't present it as such. Just watch and enjoy. Or don't.

Quick Reply: Matt Farah Review