Sponsored by:

Must do hacks with Durametric? 997.2

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 09:46 AM
destro
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Must do hacks with Durametric? 997.2

Hello, I recently purchased a durametric pro. Are there any must do hacks that people recommend?

I already enabled:
+ comfort windows
+ blinker side markers

Also is there a way to keep sport exhaust (PSE) on when the car starts up, its always the first thing I do enabled by pressing that console bottom, its kinda annoying to do it everytime. Thanks!
Old 05-24-2015, 10:54 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by destro
Hello, I recently purchased a durametric pro. Are there any must do hacks that people recommend?

I already enabled:
+ comfort windows
+ blinker side markers

Also is there a way to keep sport exhaust (PSE) on when the car starts up, its always the first thing I do enabled by pressing that console bottom, its kinda annoying to do it everytime. Thanks!
I thought blinking side markers were already enabled on 997.2...at least they are on my 2012 GTS and I never coded anything to change.
Not sure if there is a definitive summary but here is some info:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...ogramming.html

You can enable PSE full time by disconnecting the electrical connection in the engine bay - very easy to do and there are posts around with good pictures - you may have to search,
Old 05-24-2015, 11:21 AM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,567 Likes on 941 Posts

I already enabled:
+ comfort windows
+ blinker side markers

2009 C2S

Wow, how did you enable comfort windows? I have the Durametric Pro and have not been able to do it.

In 2009, Porsche changed some things in the computer and despite having the items display in the Durametric menu, they won't work. For example, I want automatic door locking (a safety feature) and it just won't work unless you have Sport Chrono where unique menu items appear on the comm screen and set it there. I asked the dealer to set the locking and they tried using the Porsche system... that did have the menu item. They set it, it works once, and then automagically resets itself off. The tech was surprised as he never saw it.... I apparently was the only geek who asked for it at this dealership. I watched the computer flip the bit right in front of us on the outboard Porsche computer.

The blinkers were already enabled from the factory.

Please share any successes you have with the Durametric tool.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 05-24-2015, 12:20 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 582 Likes on 349 Posts

patryk, were u able to clear the service interval?

this link below is very concise and well put together re the functions the most of us would want re durametric.

http://www.planet-9.com/reviews/elec...functions.html

Last edited by myw; 05-24-2015 at 12:42 PM.
Old 05-24-2015, 01:25 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,567 Likes on 941 Posts

Originally Posted by myw
patryk, were u able to clear the service interval?

this link below is very concise and well put together re the functions the most of us would want re durametric.

http://www.planet-9.com/reviews/elec...functions.html
2009 C2S

Well sort of...... That was written before the 997.2 and Porsche definitely changed things from 2009 on. Looking at that post, you would think you can do side blinkers... well not for 997.2, as mine at least, were done from the factory. The other is the comfort windows.... I did as instructed there and it doesn't work.. for me that is. The belt buckle chime did disable for me, however I got an odd airbag light flash that would go off but it scared me so I set these items back.

I am open for information as I would like the comfort function, to disable the seatbelt chime without effecting other warning systems, and most importantly for me, make it autolock.

If anyone finds success in coding these 997.2 models, please post the secret sauce or point to where it is accurately documented... I just haven't found it yet and am very interested in how the OP got the comfort windows to work. I do believe it, I just can't make it happen using the direction I found out the net so far.

There are other issues with the Durametric regarding live values. Like everything Durametric, there is no documentation so when you want to track live values, you will have many different tracking buckets for water, oil, and air temps just as an example. When I tracked these, some worked and some reported back blank, or wacky values or weird character strings. Again, no documentation and one would think, given the labels, that these buckets would return something valuable.

One more thing... the tool can be buggy. I read somewhere that the save coding and restore didn't work in saving and restoring all values... this is scary. My own real experience with live values is that it just didn't work... I had the tool for maybe nine-ten months and it was simply broken for me. I worked with the Durametric folks in de bugging the system... they sent beta programs, asked me to collect data etc etc and it took a long time before I was able to even use live values.

I do clear my service indicator fine with the tool.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 05-24-2015, 04:53 PM
destro
Rennlist Member

jhbrennan,
I just disconnected the PSE cable as you suggested, thanks. Hopefully my neighbours won't be too pissed when I come home late at night after crusing with the boys

I did this:
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...with-pics.html
Old 05-24-2015, 04:56 PM
destro
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
2009 C2S

Wow, how did you enable comfort windows? I have the Durametric Pro and have not been able to do it.
My bad.
I was hacking with a few 997.1 guysa few days back (MYW included) and they enabled the comfort windows on their cars. I tried just now to enable this, and no luck

I did manage to clear my "service now" indicator with pulling the cluster fuse, it wouldn't let me do it straight from the app
Old 05-24-2015, 05:18 PM
z3mcoupe
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 98 Posts

Two things I'd like to do but haven't seen any information on are sunroof one touch close and rear LED turn signals to flash Amber like the European cars (compared to the red flash on the U.S. Cars).

Anyone ?
Old 05-24-2015, 05:24 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,209 Likes on 776 Posts

I did manage to clear my "service now" indicator with pulling the cluster fuse, it wouldn't let me do it straight from the app
Fuse in the fuse box? Can you please clarify? Thanks ... Wayne
Old 05-24-2015, 05:28 PM
destro
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wayne Smith
Fuse in the fuse box? Can you please clarify? Thanks ... Wayne
Hey Wayne,
So in the durametric app, when you press the clear "service now" button. My cluster didn't flash / reset. So I had to manually reset it but pulling the cluster fuse (Row B, Fuse 1) for 10 seconds to force a reset.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:35 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,209 Likes on 776 Posts

Thanks. Glad that worked for you. I know how quickly software can change. My 2010 C4S may be different.

I yanked my B1 fuse for 15 seconds and nothing changed. Even the time clock maintained (I think). I mention the clock because I then yanked the fuse for 5 minutes. The clock went to 12:00 on the dash but maintained time at the PCM (I don't have Nav so it wasn't auto corrected at the PCM).

I entered the time set routine at the PCM to reset the dash. That worked. But I still get the Service Due on the dash at start up.

Yeah, the message leaves quickly. It doesn't really matter. But , IMHO, it seems arrogant on Porsches part to not include a customer method to reset this.

Note: Reset method on other cars isn't always obvious. My wife's Lexus needs to have the odometer set to total miles. Then you turn the ignition off. Then you press and hold the odometer reset button. Now turn the key to on but don't start the car. Continue holding the reset button for 10 seconds. Voila! Not obvious, but at least doable. Porsche ... Are you listening?

Just on a side note ... If your battery died, would that imply your "miles/time to next service due" would reset? That doesn't sound very good!
Old 05-24-2015, 07:50 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by z3mcoupe
Two things I'd like to do but haven't seen any information on are sunroof one touch close and rear LED turn signals to flash Amber like the European cars (compared to the red flash on the U.S. Cars).

Anyone ?
Durametric won't do this...not sure how you program LED's to change colors.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:51 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

jhbrennan,
I just disconnected the PSE cable as you suggested, thanks. Hopefully my neighbours won't be too pissed when I come home late at night after crusing with the boys

I did this:
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...with-pics.html
That's it...I zip tie the loose cable out of the way too.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:46 PM
destro
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wayne Smith
Thanks. Glad that worked for you. I know how quickly software can change. My 2010 C4S may be different.

I yanked my B1 fuse for 15 seconds and nothing changed. Even the time clock maintained (I think). I mention the clock because I then yanked the fuse for 5 minutes. The clock went to 12:00 on the dash but maintained time at the PCM (I don't have Nav so it wasn't auto corrected at the PCM).

I entered the time set routine at the PCM to reset the dash. That worked. But I still get the Service Due on the dash at start up.

Yeah, the message leaves quickly. It doesn't really matter. But , IMHO, it seems arrogant on Porsches part to not include a customer method to reset this.

Note: Reset method on other cars isn't always obvious. My wife's Lexus needs to have the odometer set to total miles. Then you turn the ignition off. Then you press and hold the odometer reset button. Now turn the key to on but don't start the car. Continue holding the reset button for 10 seconds. Voila! Not obvious, but at least doable. Porsche ... Are you listening?

Just on a side note ... If your battery died, would that imply your "miles/time to next service due" would reset? That doesn't sound very good!
Mine is a 2010 as well. But you still need to use a durametric first as it is the tool that will reset the service. However the system doesn't register the request until it is reset, hence the fuse pull. On some cars the durametric will reset the system, but on mine it didn't.

So I am not sure if you're having issues with the durametric? Also apparently you need all your fault codes cleared for it to reset as well.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:17 PM
larrytrk
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

I also want to know how to clear the service light with the cluster fuse.
Which fuse and location please!!
Sorry I didn't read later posts. Guess I'll continue to go to dealer each May 1st.��

Quick Reply: Must do hacks with Durametric? 997.2