Sponsored by:

Must do hacks with Durametric? 997.2

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 06:09 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
I really would like to know how you did this, can you post your solution?

I see noted you don't have sport chrono and is your car 2009 or newer?

This is the one coding feature I really must have. I was at a red light in Newark NJ and a guy banged on my hood demanding a ride..... I don't like not having this feature. These bigger cities are pretty scary place and while not common, car jacking is on the menu.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Get the heck out of NJ and buy a gun.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:28 PM
user 72902
Banned

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I really would like to know how you did this, can you post your solution?

I see noted you don't have sport chrono and is your car 2009 or newer?

This is the one coding feature I really must have. I was at a red light in Newark NJ and a guy banged on my hood demanding a ride..... I don't like not having this feature. These bigger cities are pretty scary place and while not common, car jacking is on the menu.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
These are the automatic lock settings for a 997.2 and the dealer can set them. Also Durmetric is good with instructions if you have a specific task such as this. They should be able to give you the steps. I have mine set to Type 2 and I'd be happy to give you the coding steps but I don't remember them and I'm not sure when I'll get around to playing with this.

Type 1 Doors lock automatically when the ignition is switched on.
Type 2 Doors lock automatically when a speed of 3 - 6 mph (5 - 10 km/h) is exceeded.
Type 3 Doors lock automatically when the ignition is switched on. If doors are opened with the engine running, they lock again automatically when a speed of 3 - 6 mph (5 - 10 km/h) is exceeded.
Type 4 The doors do not lock automatically.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:52 AM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,654 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by jkw911
These are the automatic lock settings for a 997.2 and the dealer can set them. Also Durmetric is good with instructions if you have a specific task such as this. They should be able to give you the steps. I have mine set to Type 2 and I'd be happy to give you the coding steps but I don't remember them and I'm not sure when I'll get around to playing with this.

Type 1 Doors lock automatically when the ignition is switched on.
Type 2 Doors lock automatically when a speed of 3 - 6 mph (5 - 10 km/h) is exceeded.
Type 3 Doors lock automatically when the ignition is switched on. If doors are opened with the engine running, they lock again automatically when a speed of 3 - 6 mph (5 - 10 km/h) is exceeded.
Type 4 The doors do not lock automatically.
Thanx, I will try this all again this weekend and post back.

As I have already noted, the dealer can't do the change.... they change it, it works once, then the bit flips back. I watched this happen with the tech.... they called Porsche... Porsche said use the PCM screen.... Porsche phone tech didn't know these options don't show unless you have Sport Chrono (nor did the service reps). The manual alludes to this by saying something like "some sport models".

See more in a thread a while ago where others had the same experience with dealerships failing to make this work: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...997-2-cab.html

I tried myself using Durametric back then, but you give me new hope. Seriously, if you can provide any tips, as I suspect I will do the same, incorrect things again. Thanx

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 05-29-2015, 11:56 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Thanx, I will try this all again this weekend and post back.

As I have already noted, the dealer can't do the change.... they change it, it works once, then the bit flips back. I watched this happen with the tech.... they called Porsche... Porsche said use the PCM screen.... Porsche phone tech didn't know these options don't show unless you have Sport Chrono (nor did the service reps). The manual alludes to this by saying something like "some sport models".

See more in a thread a while ago where others had the same experience with dealerships failing to make this work: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...997-2-cab.html

I tried myself using Durametric back then, but you give me new hope. Seriously, if you can provide any tips, as I suspect I will do the same, incorrect things again. Thanx

Peace
Bruce in Philly
I'm in the same situation as Bruce - 2012 GTS, no SC - unable to program door locks with either Durametric Pro or dealer with PWIIS - BTW, Durametric is NOT good with instructions - almost non-existent.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:13 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

From the PCM 3 manual and owners manual (2009) ....... really goofy.....

Peace
Bruce in Philly

From PCM 3 manual:

From Owner's Manual:

Old 05-29-2015, 01:34 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

I guess our cars without SC are not considered "sports cars" for purposes of individual vehicle settings. Wish we could figure out what jkw911 did to get his programmed.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:40 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Tried comfort and door locking again.... nothing. The Durametric door locking menu doesn't even have the multi-tiered options, just the greater than 5.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 05-31-2015, 01:05 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,444 Likes on 836 Posts

Tried comfort and door locking again.... nothing. The Durametric door locking menu doesn't even have the multi-tiered options, just the greater than 5.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
wait, you couldn't active comfort closing
Old 05-31-2015, 01:46 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
wait, you couldn't active comfort closing
Correct. Maybe I am operating this incorrectly. As I understand it:

1) Windows closed, door locked. Press and hold door lock (unlock) button on the key.... doors unlock.......windows come down
2) Windows open, door unlocked. Press and hold door lock (lock) button on key ... doors lock .... windows go up.

Neither work.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 05-31-2015, 06:09 PM
bgrpph
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

for comfort closing (windows open/close with door lock/unlock by holding remote on key)- i did this few yrs back on my 07 997.1TT with durametric pro- it's not intuititve - takes few coding steps under different areas-
as posted earlier in this thread- code comfort remote & comfort closing to active & also under right/left doors- comfort opening & closing to OFF- strange but it worked on my 997.1TT

just found my post fm few yrs ago- here's what worked- same as said above-had issues trying to get my windows to go up/down when car locked with remote- finally got it working- just wanted to let folks know that to turn this on with pro model you follow coding under alarm to set comfort function window to active and also comfort function remote to active. However under left door & right door you must set the comfort closing and comfort opening to OFF - or inactive- - set it to off and your windows will close when you lock the car with remote and open when you open car with remote-
hope this helps someone
Old 05-31-2015, 09:38 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 603 Likes on 357 Posts

bruce, you can confirm you did these exact settings for the following modules?

could you take a screen cap of the three modules? i would like to take a glance of the other settings if possible. the following settings should in deed work for 997.2 and newer 997.1 (2007+)

ALARM module
- comfort remote ACTIVE/on
- comfort closing ACTIVE/on

RIGHT door module
-comfort opening and comfort closing to "off"

LEFT door module

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 05-31-2015, 11:29 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by myw
bruce, you can confirm you did these exact settings for the following modules?

could you take a screen cap of the three modules? i would like to take a glance of the other settings if possible. the following settings should in deed work for 997.2 and newer 997.1 (2007+)

ALARM module
- comfort remote ACTIVE/on
- comfort closing ACTIVE/on

RIGHT door module

LEFT door module
Wow! Thanks man, that worked! Two years and dicking with it off and on and finally you got it. I must have been a bonehead, because if those instructions were out there, I can't read.

A big Philly " You da man!"

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 06-01-2015, 09:01 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,444 Likes on 836 Posts

I can't read.
seems that way
Old 06-01-2015, 09:01 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Wow! Thanks man, that worked! Two years and dicking with it off and on and finally you got it. I must have been a bonehead, because if those instructions were out there, I can't read.

A big Philly " You da man!"

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Now figure out the door locks for us.
Old 06-01-2015, 04:51 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Now figure out the door locks for us.
Please.....

I thought some folks would be interested in seeing what the Durametric coding sections look like. Here are two shots of the coding sections required for comfort windows. Note there are places for door locking.... but they flip back after I set them. Bonus question: Anyone know what "terminal 15" is?

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Sorry.... pics not showing...... I upload but they show as blank.....

Last edited by Bruce In Philly; 06-01-2015 at 11:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Must do hacks with Durametric? 997.2