Sponsored by:

Sport bucket install

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 11:47 PM
Ryun43
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Sport bucket install

I finally got a pair of the GT2 seat/sport buckets and now I am ready to install them.
I must be stupid since I searched a couple of different ways and couldnt come up with any DIYs.

Any tips or hints for removing stock seats and installing the buckets would be appreciated?
Old 03-19-2015, 12:04 AM
Cbst09
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is only 4 bolts holding the seats down plus an additional bolt for the seatbelt. A swap should take only about 15 minutes per seat. there are two plugs on the passenger seat (1 is for the airbag weight sensor and the other is for the airbag) on the Driver's seat there is just 1 plug. There is a post out there that shows how to remove the plug, I'll post a link if I find it, basically you need to pull out a lever on the plug itself and then the plug comes right out, it's not the simple type of plug that you just depress a prong and pull there is a slight trick to it. Also, I would recommend that you disconnect the car battery of your car as well as a precautionary measure, anytime you are playing with anything that has an airbag it's good practice to do so. Immediately after starting your car you will get an error message that goes away in about 15 seconds and never returns so don't worry if it pops up.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:15 AM
Cbst09
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the link I was referring to. Very detailed and should tell you everything you need, I've done it and it was very very easy.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...moval-diy.html
Old 03-19-2015, 12:26 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,041 Likes on 736 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryun43
I finally got a pair of the GT2 seat/sport buckets and now I am ready to install them.
I must be stupid since I searched a couple of different ways and couldnt come up with any DIYs.

Any tips or hints for removing stock seats and installing the buckets would be appreciated?
I have the buckets and wouldn't have it any other way. Except maybe a slight tilt backwards which I'm told can be done with washers. It's just a tad too upright for my likes and my 6'3" body. So maybe check the driving position before you button things up. A short person would probably need to elevate too. Now that you brought this up and Cbst09 says it's only 4 bolts involved I'll take a look at this at long last.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:08 AM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

Received 300 Likes on 177 Posts

Also put down some protective cover on the door sill in case you drop the seat. The way I put them in is top of the backrest first and then I just rotate down. Opposite on removal.

First couple of times I'd rest the seat on the door sill but there's really no need. U can get them in and out in a single motion.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:38 AM
BrakingBad
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
I have the buckets and wouldn't have it any other way. Except maybe a slight tilt backwards which I'm told can be done with washers. It's just a tad too upright for my likes and my 6'3" body. So maybe check the driving position before you button things up. A short person would probably need to elevate too. Now that you brought this up and Cbst09 says it's only 4 bolts involved I'll take a look at this at long last.
I'm okay at 5'7" but I wouldn't want them any lower. My father had trouble getting in but was also fine at 5'6". I find the tilt perfect for me and like you would not prefer any other seat.
Old 03-19-2015, 03:18 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,041 Likes on 736 Posts

Originally Posted by BrakingBad
I'm okay at 5'7" but I wouldn't want them any lower. My father had trouble getting in but was also fine at 5'6". I find the tilt perfect for me and like you would not prefer any other seat.
Pretty amazing that a seat that can only be adjusted forward and back works as well as it does for drivers of all kinds of different sizes. Size in height that is. Width wise though they must be pretty unforgiving.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:49 AM
Ryun43
Rennlist Member

Great
that DIY was just what I was looking for.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:13 AM
Ryun43
Rennlist Member

How are people routing the standard belts?
I've seen a couple different varieties.
Looks like the lap belts go thru the holes but are people leaving the shoulder outside the holes?
Old 03-19-2015, 11:32 AM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

shoulder stays outside the holes. them's fer harnesses.

Quick Reply: Sport bucket install