Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone in the Ft.Lauderdale city area that could look at a car?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 11:49 PM
S2000_Europe
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tbrom
Hey Guys,

925 W Broward Blvd,

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312

I live in FL but up in the Villages about 3.5 hours away from this dealer. They have a car I'm considering but I am skeptical as there are a couple of bad reviews on them. I am curious if the car is even on their lot. Is there anyone here that lives close enough by that it wouldn't be too much of an imposition to ask you to go by and just have a look at it. I'd like to have a pair of eyes on it before I go any further if possible.

The business is located at:

Euro Motorsports, Inc.
925 W Broward Blvd,
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312

The car I hope is there is a 2011 C4S - White with 2 tone black and sand beige interior - highly optioned. If you can without much trouble please call me or PM me. Or you can use my private email at tmbromley@yahoo.com

Thanks a bunch,

Tim
I went all the way from Miami to see a Carrera with GT3 RS aerokit. Our appointment was at 2 pm. Ten minutes before the 2 pm I got an SMS, no even a call, to move the appointment to 2:30. I arrived at the same time the SMS was sent.

Instead "I am sorry sir" I got "I told you to arrive at 2:30". We ate something around the shop, it is not a nice area, and at 2:45 pm we arrived again.

at 3:20 pm the car was not ready yet. I call to set an appointment 4 days before and the car was having a major service, at 3:20 pm on Saturday the car still was not ready.

I went to the back of the shop and saw the 911 carrera, still wet and they did not clean it inside yet.

I told that I do not want to wait more (one hour and 20 minutes) and we drove the car, very dirty, and with almost empty gas tank.

By phone I was told the the GT3 RS aero kit was OEM, when asked that day again, I did not get a direct answer. I inspect it a bit and seems that the kit was not OEM. The dealer did not that the car has a fabspeed intake!! I am in Porsche world 2 weeks, came from an Honda S2000, and seemed that I knew more than the dealer

As a summary, terrible service and very pushy regarding the deposit, 100% refundable according to them, I repeated many times that I do not want to give a deposit until I was sure.

I told them that I was going to do the registration of the car, in spite of this they wanted to charge me 600$ in fees

I saw a Carrera white there, more clean than mine for sure
Old 11-24-2014, 04:03 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tbrom
Well Ynot - you have an awesome Boxster and it has a bunch of super options! Wish I could have afforded that one but it looks like a real keeper. Did you buy it new? Most likely so cause I've never seen another like it. They had a really nice one at Hennessy that was out of my price range - it had everything - white with a special leather dash of cocoa and the rest was linen or pretty white but it had it all too except for PCCBs. Nice Man - how do you like the seats? That's the only thing I wish I could have found - my car with the 18 way Sport Adaptive seats. Awesome!
No, I brought it used, I haven't seen another like it either when I was looking for one. This one pop up on ebay.com. And I asked them to get a PPI right away. It's highly optioned, MSRP of $97,230, I had build one I like on the configurator in the mid 80's. The options list is long, painted air vents ($1,200), yaching blue seat beats, LED light pkg, etc, many options I would never selected. I love my 18 way sports adaptive seats, drove from Mentor OH to Colorado in comfort, was never fatigue, love the lumbar support. Expensive options but definitely worth it if you plan to drive on long trips.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:55 AM
Captsteve123
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Tbrom, I'm usually down in that area, but will not be until closer to Dec 10th.
I can run by there and check it out, if it is available. I personally like OFF Lease of Miami on Bird Rd. They have a real nice selection of cars, 10 Porsche 911's currently in inventory.! Check out their website when you get a chance.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:17 PM
tbrom
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought a Boxster S

Originally Posted by Captsteve123
Tbrom, I'm usually down in that area, but will not be until closer to Dec 10th.
I can run by there and check it out, if it is available. I personally like OFF Lease of Miami on Bird Rd. They have a real nice selection of cars, 10 Porsche 911's currently in inventory.! Check out their website when you get a chance.
CaptSteve,

Thanks for your post and most kind offer. I guess that you have not looked at the rest of the most recent posts. I was in Atlanta a couple of days ago and bought a 2013 Boxster S after test driving a Cayman, the Boxster S I bought and a 2011 Carrera S, after all that I decided that for me the Boxster S was the car. I got a 4 year warranty, peace of mind that a premier dealer was behind me and Porsche as well, and it just made a lot more sense than dealing with this small dealer in Ft. Lauderdale. There was a post by S2000 Europe, that described his experience with the dealer in South FL and it was not good.

That is just one more bad review I've read about these Euro Motorsport. It is pretty much vindication as to why I kept them at arms length. I had another RL that went to see the car - it is there and apparently fairly nice. IF anyone wants a good deal on a C4S at the price they gave me which was 64,900 plus what ever applicable tax you might have it may be worth it to you to pursue this car.

At this point I am happy driving my new to me Boxster S - it's a great car and loads of fun. One day maybe I'll be able to afford a 991 - till then it's the Boxster for me. Thanks a bunch for your willingness to see the car. I really appreciate it.

Tim

Quick Reply: Anyone in the Ft.Lauderdale city area that could look at a car?