Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About to get a 997.1 C4S just a question...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 12:45 AM
WJGreer
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Don't worry about the wallet...there won't be anything in it after you make the purchase.
Nice.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:00 AM
MY997
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One more on the seats (which has nothing to do with it being a C4S)...my prior ride was a Lexus ISF. Petty fast car...but a Lexus right? So comfortable, luxury, etc...well my wife has already commented a few times while riding in our C4S that this car is way more comfortable and just feels better...she cannot explain it but she says that when I "get on" the 997 it doesn't freak her out like when we were in the ISF as she feel more secure in her seat...WOW! I found that very interesting especially since she gets upset everytime I GO!
Old 10-09-2014, 08:37 AM
patpetillo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did a 5 hour trip in my 997.2 c4s cab. Half was with top down and half with top up.

I really enjoyed it and found it more fun and comfortable than any other car that I have owned.

Prior to this trip, my longest ride was 1 hour. I had a better appreciation for the car after this ride
Old 10-09-2014, 11:45 AM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 134 Posts

My wallet is always in front pocket, I've been to Geneva and other places where they can and will pick you clean with a smile if the wallet is in the back pocket......The car is still for sale, so I hope to get over there this evening or tomorrow to see about a deal. Then I have a 4 hour drive on Saturday.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:52 AM
ElVerde07
Advanced

Originally Posted by MY997
One more on the seats (which has nothing to do with it being a C4S)...my prior ride was a Lexus ISF. Petty fast car...but a Lexus right? So comfortable, luxury, etc...well my wife has already commented a few times while riding in our C4S that this car is way more comfortable and just feels better...she cannot explain it but she says that when I "get on" the 997 it doesn't freak her out like when we were in the ISF as she feel more secure in her seat...WOW! I found that very interesting especially since she gets upset everytime I GO!
Funny...my wife says the same about my C2S vs my Subaru WRX. She actually encourages me to stomp on it at time and says she just feels safe and comfortable.

I'm not kidding...the sport seats in my C2S are the most supportive and comfortable seats I've ever had in a car.

Now...the back seats on the other hand...
Old 10-09-2014, 11:53 AM
ElVerde07
Advanced

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Don't worry about the wallet...there won't be anything in it after you make the purchase.
So true.

Or consider switching to a money clip. Stylish, cheap, simple, and it will keep you from accumulating random receipts and crap. It will fit great in your front pocket.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:01 PM
MY997
Racer

Originally Posted by ElVerde07
Funny...my wife says the same about my C2S vs my Subaru WRX. She actually encourages me to stomp on it at time and says she just feels safe and comfortable.

I'm not kidding...the sport seats in my C2S are the most supportive and comfortable seats I've ever had in a car.
LOL...cool! Yeah and for me being 6'4 my only issue is getting in and out of MY997 but on a daily basis I do that twice so for 30 seconds (if that) a day I can be uncomfortable (sort of as i have devised a system to get in and out) as long as once I am in I am comfortable...which I am!
Old 10-10-2014, 09:23 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,453 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Originally Posted by MY997
LOL...cool! Yeah and for me being 6'4 my only issue is getting in and out of MY997 but on a daily basis I do that twice so for 30 seconds (if that) a day I can be uncomfortable (sort of as i have devised a system to get in and out) as long as once I am in I am comfortable...which I ahm!
You might want to take a look at a flat-bottom performance steering wheel. Aside from being able to get a thicker and meatier grip or other cool features (perforated leather, alcantara, carbon fiber, etc) the flat bottom gives you some extra room to swing your legs in.
Attached Images   
Old 10-10-2014, 09:28 AM
MY997
Racer

Originally Posted by Petza914
You might want to take a look at a flat-bottom performance steering wheel. Aside from being able to get a thicker and meatier grip or other cool features (perforated leather, alcantara, carbon fiber, etc) the flat bottom gives you some extra room to swing your legs in.
I like that steering wheel but not just for ease of entry...might have to look into one...Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 10-10-2014, 01:51 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Wow! That steering wheel goes a long way toward improving the form and function of the multifunctional wheel.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:00 PM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 134 Posts

Just brought it home a few hours ago, can say I don't miss the power of the V at all. Lots of traffic out today so I went through that from Tysons Corner through DC and tren to MD, and then two semi twisty roads over to Annapolis to get lunch. Got to get the home link programmed up and order a new double DIN head unit and harness adapter. THen lots of reading the manual.

Quick Reply: About to get a 997.1 C4S just a question...