Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I guess i'll introduce myself. New 997 owner.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 06:29 PM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

"To each to his own"! If you like it, that is all that really matters. We all have different tastes and philosphies of how/what to mod on our 911s. As said above, if it doesn't reduce the performance or I would add "safety" of the car, have at it. You bought it, you drive it. Make it the way you want it. Congrats on a unique looking 997, welcome to RL, and drive it like you stole it every chance you get. Enjoy!
Old 07-20-2014, 06:39 PM
Redline911
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So taking a contrarian view is apparently unacceptable here? The point of posting pics of your modded car here is to solicit opinion from the forum. Sorry OP, I think once you get around to painting something blue then you'll have the worlds first Carrera clown car. Just my opinion, no more or less valid than anyone who posted they like the OP's car.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:52 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,041 Likes on 736 Posts

Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
Well, putting a gt3 front bumper on, rear bumper on, changing the badge to 911, and painting the calipers yellow ( apologies if you did actually upgrade to the ceramic brakes)...
Is projecting a likeness in all but performance to an existing car. I call that posing.

Ok, so you didn't put the gt3 badge on but if I saw the car in a parking lot I'd think, gt3!
Knowing as much as you know about these cars, why would you think that? I've never seen a GT3 or a GT3RS without a big wing on the back end.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:43 PM
Gonzo911
Rat Balls
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

This thread shows why Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors. I personally hate strawberry, but don't mind if you love it.

OP...mod away!
Old 07-20-2014, 09:49 PM
eviligloo
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 73 Posts

Wow...lots of hate so far in this thread. I'll go the other way.

OP I love what you did with it. LOVE. You took a base silver carerra (one of the most ordinary looking 911's you can buy in my opinion) and made it into something that stands out and turns heads. I like porsches that grab your attention and this one definitely does.

It looks great, man. A lot of porsche traditionalists would prefer it the old way with the subtlety. I say make it as loud and exotic as you want. There are plenty of other porsches that blend in and get lost in a parking lot. I would turn my head and give it a thumbs up if it passed me.

As an added note I appreciate the extra effort NOT to re-badge it as a GT3. As long as you can appreciate the aesthetic and not try and pass it off as something it's not then i'm all for it. Re-badging it would be going a little too far.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:52 PM
JuanK20
Burning Brakes

Received 290 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by carbonGT
Congrats on your new Pcar...i like how you combine red and silver. Do whatever that make you smile. That smile is priceless.
Thank you Sir!

Originally Posted by 9114Scab
Welcome aboard Juan!!! Don't forget to join the Porsche club, it is a great source for Porsche info. Your car looks great.
Thanks, i will look into that!

Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
I'm not even sure what this means... Or how it's relevant to this thread.

Anyways..

Congrats on the 997, OP !

Personally, I like some of the mods u did.. and some, not so much.
But I am all for personalizing ur car to ur own taste.

The line where I start disapproving mods are:
1- changing the badge to different model (although delete is fine. lol)
2- when the mod decreases the performance of the car

Mod away !
Don't worry i feel the same way about badging

Originally Posted by zirrah
So when I saw the M3 build I was scared to look at the 911. But it looks good. It's not for me, I prefer stock. But given how bad the 18" stock wheels look on C2's I prefer what you've done.
Yea the 18's suck. Thanks.

Originally Posted by myw
welcome + enjoy the car, i never understand the 'posing-hate' mentality, the gt3/aerokit front bumper is just wayyyyy better looking then the oem 997.1 outdated front bumper. i can't see what's wrong with an easy oem upgrade.
My sentiments exactly. Thanks.

Originally Posted by dalancroft
Garish (both cars) but that's just me. I'm an old fart.
haha. It's all good. It's not for everyone.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:56 PM
JuanK20
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RobC4sX51
"To each to his own"! If you like it, that is all that really matters. We all have different tastes and philosphies of how/what to mod on our 911s. As said above, if it doesn't reduce the performance or I would add "safety" of the car, have at it. You bought it, you drive it. Make it the way you want it. Congrats on a unique looking 997, welcome to RL, and drive it like you stole it every chance you get. Enjoy!
I appreciate that.

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Knowing as much as you know about these cars, why would you think that? I've never seen a GT3 or a GT3RS without a big wing on the back end.
Thats what i was thinking lol.

Originally Posted by Gonzo911
This thread shows why Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors. I personally hate strawberry, but don't mind if you love it.

OP...mod away!
Yup.. Thanks!

Originally Posted by eviligloo

OP I love what you did with it. LOVE. You took a base silver carerra (one of the most ordinary looking 911's you can buy in my opinion) and made it into something that stands out and turns heads. I like porsches that grab your attention and this one definitely does.

It looks great, man. A lot of porsche traditionalists would prefer it the old way with the subtlety. I say make it as loud and exotic as you want. There are plenty of other porsches that blend in and get lost in a parking lot. I would turn my head and give it a thumbs up if it passed me.

As an added note I appreciate the extra effort NOT to re-badge it as a GT3. As long as you can appreciate the aesthetic and not try and pass it off as something it's not then i'm all for it. Re-badging it would be going a little too far.
Agreed. Thanks man.. Yea if you notice, I went out of my way of purchasing a 911 badge. If i wanted to pass it off as a GT3 i would of just bought a GT3 one. But whatever some people are just grumpy and need to complain about something.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:58 PM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 377 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by eviligloo
Well, perhaps my opinion was stated a little rudely but I wouldn't call it hateful.

To the OP, if you love it... Great!

Right on for doing what you want. Didn't mean to come off like D!€k.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:01 PM
JuanK20
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Redline911
So taking a contrarian view is apparently unacceptable here? The point of posting pics of your modded car here is to solicit opinion from the forum. Sorry OP, I think once you get around to painting something blue then you'll have the worlds first Carrera clown car. Just my opinion, no more or less valid than anyone who posted they like the OP's car.
You're entitled to your own opinion man. It's all good. I dont mind you posting that it's not your taste. Can't please everyone. But the way you come at me on this thread is like you have something personal against me? Because now you're calling my car a clown car which doesn't make sense to me because it only has a two color (silver-red) theme. So i'm assuming you go into the GT3 forum and call all their cars clown cars and direct them to 6speedonline? Or is it just this thread for some reason?
Old 07-20-2014, 10:02 PM
JuanK20
Burning Brakes

Well, perhaps my opinion was stated a little rudely but I wouldn't call it hateful.

Thanks. I appreciate you coming back and saying that.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:34 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 474 Likes on 272 Posts

Now that's impressive!!:lowdown:

Tom
Old 07-21-2014, 11:01 AM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome Juan and congratulations
Old 07-21-2014, 11:08 AM
JuanK20
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning
Welcome Juan and congratulations
Thanks. And thank you for the super fast shipping on the brake sensors.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:27 PM
Perk10
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You wont regret the move. I came from an E46 M3 vert as well! Never looked back
Old 07-21-2014, 05:30 PM
baddogz28
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats on the car man. You'll encounter some dicks occasionally on this forum, but usually the input is constructive.

Nice to see another young, ex-Bimmer owner with a 997... I traded in my Imola Red M-Roadster on mine.

Quick Reply: I guess i'll introduce myself. New 997 owner.