Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I guess i'll introduce myself. New 997 owner.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 11:12 AM
JuanK20
Burning Brakes

Received 290 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by One911
Nice looks better than stock for sure !
Originally Posted by TommyV44
Congrats and good luck to you my friend!! Enjoy your 911 any way you choose………..and Welcome!

Tom
Thanks guys!
Old 07-20-2014, 11:28 AM
cubsko
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome and enjoy your new ride. Agree with others, it's your car and enjoy it in anyway you'd like . . . I'm a minimalist with my 997.2 S, only adding the clear side markers, but also appreciate other folks going more aggressive--for me it shows how versatile these cars can go based on their owners.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:02 PM
JuanK20
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cubsko
Welcome and enjoy your new ride. Agree with others, it's your car and enjoy it in anyway you'd like . . . I'm a minimalist with my 997.2 S, only adding the clear side markers, but also appreciate other folks going more aggressive--for me it shows how versatile these cars can go based on their owners.
Agreed! Thanks man.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:13 PM
Philster
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

OP: Getting positive and negative reactions feeds your need to some degree. Part of making something unique is that it will not appeal to some and create strong feelings. If it didn't trigger emotional swings, then it probably looks pretty damn plain.

Quite frankly, I think getting bad vibes from some folks is part of the fun. It means you've drifted from the norm quite far in the modding. I mean... just accept the negative feedback and roll with it. It helps you gauge how unique and far from the norm you've gone.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:25 PM
Carrera997re
Instructor

Originally Posted by Philster
OP: Getting positive and negative reactions feeds your need to some degree. Part of making something unique is that it will not appeal to some and create strong feelings. If it didn't trigger emotional swings, then it probably looks pretty damn plain. Quite frankly, I think getting bad vibes from some folks is part of the fun. It means you've drifted from the norm quite far in the modding. I mean... just accept the negative feedback and roll with it. It helps you gauge how unique and far from the norm you've gone.
Truth! Amen too that
Old 07-20-2014, 12:35 PM
CAVU
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by cubsko
+1, and

Porsche kinda encourages this. When I was considering purchasing a new one, I was overwhelmed by the options and their endless combinations.

If a driver/owner can create their car on their terms and it makes them happy, your smiles to miles ratio goes up...and that's what its all about, at least for me.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:36 PM
D1coach
Racer

Received 162 Likes on 50 Posts

Some find it uncomfortable when they see you exercise your freedom of choice. Your preferences are different than theirs. Carry on, enjoying the freedom to decide for yourself.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:51 PM
JuanK20
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Philster
OP: Getting positive and negative reactions feeds your need to some degree. Part of making something unique is that it will not appeal to some and create strong feelings. If it didn't trigger emotional swings, then it probably looks pretty damn plain.

Quite frankly, I think getting bad vibes from some folks is part of the fun. It means you've drifted from the norm quite far in the modding. I mean... just accept the negative feedback and roll with it. It helps you gauge how unique and far from the norm you've gone.
Originally Posted by CAVU
+1, and

Porsche kinda encourages this. When I was considering purchasing a new one, I was overwhelmed by the options and their endless combinations.

If a driver/owner can create their car on their terms and it makes them happy, your smiles to miles ratio goes up...and that's what its all about, at least for me.
Originally Posted by D1coach
Some find it uncomfortable when they see you exercise your freedom of choice. Your preferences are different than theirs. Carry on, enjoying the freedom to decide for yourself.
All very true statements! Thanks.

All posts in this thread have been positive and welcoming except for those 2 guys on the first page. So I think I did pretty well. I welcome feedback and criticism good or bad. I myself like to leave feedback for others as well. I wouldn't go as far as name calling or being rude but I have no problem saying it's not my cup of tea. Everyone has their own style and preference. If everyone's car looked the same and did the same mods there will be no point in sharing pictures and ideas with one another.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:16 PM
carbonGT
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats on your new Pcar...i like how you combine red and silver. Do whatever that make you smile. That smile is priceless.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:07 PM
9114Scab
Instructor

Welcome aboard Juan!!! Don't forget to join the Porsche club, it is a great source for Porsche info. Your car looks great.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:17 PM
crazycarlitos
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Redline911
Check out 6speedonline.com. Probably more what you're looking for.
I'm not even sure what this means... Or how it's relevant to this thread.

Anyways..

Congrats on the 997, OP !

Personally, I like some of the mods u did.. and some, not so much.
But I am all for personalizing ur car to ur own taste.

The line where I start disapproving mods are:
1- changing the badge to different model (although delete is fine. lol)
2- when the mod decreases the performance of the car

Mod away !
Old 07-20-2014, 04:27 PM
Lvt19672
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Haters are gonna hate, do your thing bud
Old 07-20-2014, 04:35 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

So when I saw the M3 build I was scared to look at the 911. But it looks good. It's not for me, I prefer stock. But given how bad the 18" stock wheels look on C2's I prefer what you've done.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:13 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 582 Likes on 349 Posts

welcome + enjoy the car, i never understand the 'posing-hate' mentality, the gt3/aerokit front bumper is just wayyyyy better looking then the oem 997.1 outdated front bumper. i can't see what's wrong with an easy oem upgrade.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:25 PM
dalancroft
Racer

Garish (both cars) but that's just me. I'm an old fart.

Quick Reply: I guess i'll introduce myself. New 997 owner.