997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fabspeed

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014 | 07:53 PM
mk3boy
Racer

Worst service ever ! quote 4 weeks delivery and will deliver in 9 weeks if it actualy ships. If you need excuses contact them.... Will NEVER order there again. Terrible service

Last edited by mk3boy; 06-21-2014 at 11:26 PM.
Old 06-20-2014 | 08:09 PM
Wolfk
Racer

I kind of agree, when I ordered via internet, there was absolutely no indication or communication that the product needs to be fabricated first. I understand that there is no stockpile of inventory, but how about letting the customer know.
However, their product is quality. It took approximately four weeks to fabricate and deliver a 997.2 X pipe.
Old 06-20-2014 | 08:41 PM
mk3boy
Racer

they let me know when it was 3 weeks late. It's late because they have xyz race team . Great so I'll have once everyone else is served then maybe I'll get it...
Old 06-21-2014 | 06:24 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

I hate it when a vendor (whoever it is) tells me he couldn't get something to me because blah, blah, blah. Who cares! I'm not interested in why it didn't happen. Your excuses matter nothing to me….make it happen! It's your business and I'm the customer.

What it really comes down to is they have more important customers than you…that's the clear message and I get that loud and clear……..NEXT!:big bye:.

Tom
Old 06-21-2014 | 08:52 AM
mdrums
Race Director

That sucks...they do make a nice exhaust but that so called cold air intake is a joke. There are many other exhaust manufactures for you to look at instead.
Old 06-21-2014 | 10:42 AM
mk3boy
Racer

If I would of know would not of ordered there. Looks like a nice kit and it's the most expensive, Most importantly beeing lied to and told 4 weeks and they ship mufflers out in 6 then I'm scrambling with ups cause their is missing 2 boxes that were never sent... My car is in pieces for the last 3-4 weeks because I took it apart when I though parts were coming in... Now it's been parked since then which I am pretty upset about
Old 06-21-2014 | 02:35 PM
Ezkill
Racer

My only experience with Fabspeed was less then stellar. Called them asking about the CAI and California compliance because a car I was looking at purchasing at the time had the CAI and the guy selling it didn't have the original airbox. Since I'm new to California I asked if the box was an issue in regards to smog and they said it was not. However, it is. They immediately told me they are in stock and I can add one to cart right now. I wasn't trying to pass myself off as a buyer but they assumed I was.

Yea, it's not a huge deal. Didn't but the car anyway and the worst thing that could have happened is buying a 500 dollar part and swapping it back in for smog. Just not worth it IMO. Not like that intake makes any difference you can feel. Willing to deal with the smog for other cars that have appreciable gains from various conversions and parts but for that it's not worth the hassle.

Now that I've looked into this whole airbox deal in regards to smog here it's hard for me to believe that a company that manufactures this stuff wouldn't know it's problematic for California. I prefer to deal with companies that will give me correct and true information that will let me make my own informed decision.
Old 06-21-2014 | 03:21 PM
mk3boy
Racer

My issues is I ordered catback exhaust $3500US
the $700 intake they sell is peanuts compared to what I ordered
Old 06-21-2014 | 03:41 PM
Ezkill
Racer

Originally Posted by mk3boy
My issues is I ordered catback exhaust $3500US
the $700 intake they sell is peanuts compared to what I ordered
Yes it is. Your car is in pieces and you're frustrated. I get it. You have every right to be absolutely livid.

My post wasn't about the monetary value of an intake versus an exhaust. It doesn't matter if it's a 50 dollar part or a 50,000 dollar twin turbo conversion. Once I feel misled by a vendor I move on.
Old 06-21-2014 | 03:51 PM
Cuda911
Race Director

Same experience here with Fabspeed. My car was in the shop for nearly a month waiting for the exhaust system to arrive. I had NO idea that they don't keep the parts in inventory.

Very high quality parts... no complaints about that.

EZkill, same issue here. Fabspeed informed me that the system would pass CA smog. It WON'T. So, I'm screwed when smog check is next due.

Now, I have been waiting over a month (maybe two, I lost track) for some replacement cats. No communication whatsoever from Fabspeed.

So, my assessment: Their parts are great. Their sales department sucks big time.

Sorry, Fabspeed, but this is not the first time you guys have failed to follow up with me.
Old 06-21-2014 | 06:05 PM
mk3boy
Racer

cuda911 I have many emails from them saying its late because of xyz race team and so on.... tired of lies
Old 06-21-2014 | 07:42 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mk3boy
Looks like a nice kit and it's the most expensive
You paid a price that allows them to have a race team and no time to manufacture your order...
Old 06-21-2014 | 08:21 PM
mk3boy
Racer

Originally Posted by chsu74
You paid a price that allows them to have a race team and no time to manufacture your order...
look they told me 4 weeks.... Which is already long... for it to be another 3-4 weeks late I would not of ordered from them.
Old 06-21-2014 | 09:40 PM
Porschekalle
Burning Brakes

sorry to hear /read about your bitter experience with Fabspeed.
I bought three systems (993 twin turbo, Audi R8 V10, 964) and never had an issue with them. communication was always a par and the delivery times were always as stated.
inbox me the guy u are dealing with and I will check in for you.
cheers
Old 06-21-2014 | 11:51 PM
SPS Garage
AutoX

Sorry to hear about your frustrations OP.
I ordered few parts from Fabspeed including 997 Carrera GT3 conversion package and I am 100% satisfied. I was told before placing an order that it will take 3 to 4 weeks to fabricate the parts, which it did and parts were delivered to my door steps via 2day shipping. Awsome quality and excellent service.

Quick Reply: fabspeed