997S Cab (Child Seats)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 01:35 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,172 Likes on 3,936 Posts

Originally Posted by Tymong
Couldn't wait for a reply. Picking up the girls tonight.

Confirmed. The Harmony Dreamtime Deluxe fit perfectly in my 05 C2S with the seat and back in.

Ty
I have a couple of these Harmony Dreamtimes left that we're not using anymore if someone wants them cheap, like for the shipping cost. Think I have 2 with the pink trim and 1 with the silver.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:26 AM
bscott1204
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Petza914 -- I would be interested in the silver trim Harmony Dreamtime if you still have it. Will send you a PM.

Last edited by bscott1204; 01-18-2017 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Will PM instead
Old 01-19-2017, 02:24 PM
ALEV8
Three Wheelin'

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

I have one if you need.....
Old 03-25-2019, 07:00 PM
Chimania
Track Day

Default Frustrated, need a carseat

Hi,

2005 911 cabriolet. Tried a couple of the car-seats suggested and still struggling. PLEASE can anyone help!? I spent at least 4-5 hours trying to search through this and various other forums, and tried purchasing an evenflo. Before I try any more, i'm hoping someone with experience can just tell me what seat to buy...

It seems finding a booster is a lot easier, but I don't feel comfortable putting my son in one yet.

My son is 3.5 and needs a harness and front facing car seat. My car is the cabriolet which has no hooks or tether. I am struggling to find an option that ONLY uses the seat-belt and fits well. Outside of the Porsche OEM seats. Has anyone found a seat that securely fits without much movement?
Old 03-25-2019, 07:22 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chimania
Hi,

2005 911 cabriolet. Tried a couple of the car-seats suggested and still struggling. PLEASE can anyone help!? I spent at least 4-5 hours trying to search through this and various other forums, and tried purchasing an evenflo. Before I try any more, i'm hoping someone with experience can just tell me what seat to buy...

It seems finding a booster is a lot easier, but I don't feel comfortable putting my son in one yet.

My son is 3.5 and needs a harness and front facing car seat. My car is the cabriolet which has no hooks or tether. I am struggling to find an option that ONLY uses the seat-belt and fits well. Outside of the Porsche OEM seats. Has anyone found a seat that securely fits without much movement?
Why did you not get the Harmony Dreamtime I posted about here? The cab has a beyond vertical rear seat, which isn't as good as the coupes, but if you delete the rear seat backs, it will be better.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:27 PM
Nate Tempest
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Why did you not get the Harmony Dreamtime I posted about here? The cab has a beyond vertical rear seat, which isn't as good as the coupes, but if you delete the rear seat backs, it will be better.
He says he needs a harness seat; the Dreamtime is a booster.

I use a Britax Boulevard Clicktight in my 997 cab. With the seat bottom and back removed it clamps in using the vehicle belt without any movement whatsoever. It just touches the side panel, so I put a cloth between the side of the seat and the panel to avoid damage from it rubbing over time.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:32 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nate Tempest
He says he needs a harness seat; the Dreamtime is a booster.

I use a Britax Boulevard Clicktight in my 997 cab. With the seat bottom and back removed it clamps in using the vehicle belt without any movement whatsoever. It just touches the side panel, so I put a cloth between the side of the seat and the panel to avoid damage from it rubbing over time.

Oh, OK. Missed the part about the harness straps. We didn't put the kids in the back of the 997s until they were big enough for the full back booster.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:48 PM
Chimania
Track Day

Harmony dream time is a booster seat... I need a harness 5pt
Old 03-25-2019, 07:54 PM
Chimania
Track Day

Thanks.

I'll see how it works. Ordered 2 more off Amazon the Britax clicktight, and Evenflo dlx based on another post....

It's insanely frustrating. I'll post about the two of them. Maybe I'll bring both to a carseat clinic in the upscale part of town. Tired of getting my hands cut up and having my son trying to "help" me install it...
Old 03-25-2019, 08:22 PM
Nate Tempest
Rennlist Member

Lol, 3 year old help is the helpfulest, right?

As long as you remove the seat back and bottom, you should be happy with the Boulevard. (As long as you did get that one, and not one of their other clicktight models.) The clicktight mechanism is higher up than traditional belt paths, so it works with the belt location in the 997, and it makes it muuuuch easier to install than a regular seat, given the tight squeeze back there. It's still a pain, but a tolerable one. In a year or two you can graduate to a booster and everything will be easier!
Old 03-25-2019, 08:46 PM
Chimania
Track Day

Originally Posted by Nate Tempest
Lol, 3 year old help is the helpfulest, right?

As long as you remove the seat back and bottom, you should be happy with the Boulevard. (As long as you did get that one, and not one of their other clicktight models.) The clicktight mechanism is higher up than traditional belt paths, so it works with the belt location in the 997, and it makes it muuuuch easier to install than a regular seat, given the tight squeeze back there. It's still a pain, but a tolerable one. In a year or two you can graduate to a booster and everything will be easier!
Thanks... Hoping it all works out. I'll forget about it for a few days and wait for amazon package to arrive...
Old 03-26-2019, 01:21 AM
CWY
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any harmony dream time alternative?

I can't seem to find any that's not pink. Love to get two booster seats for the newly acquired 997.1 turbo cab. Any good recommendations?

Originally Posted by Chimania
Thanks... Hoping it all works out. I'll forget about it for a few days and wait for amazon package to arrive...
Old 03-26-2019, 03:25 AM
Nate Tempest
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CWY
I can't seem to find any that's not pink. Love to get two booster seats for the newly acquired 997.1 turbo cab. Any good recommendations?
The Harmony Dreamtime 2 mentioned above fits great and came in grey; not sure if they still sell it though. One trick that might help is to search threads where people are trying to find boosters that will fit three across in a regular car.

I would recommend going with a high back fwiw, since then you can remove the seat back for more space, and the kid will have proper head/whiplash support for longer.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:37 AM
Zoefhaus
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Following Petza's suggestion I bought a Harmony Dreamtime last year.
My daughter has been using it since she was 2,5 - works fine (with the rear seats removed).
No need for a harness on short trips.

My son has a similar booster seat, but at age 9 he can go backless booster pretty soon.

The only disadvantage, as mentioned, is that the backseat in a cab is pretty much vertical. So when the kids fall asleep they tilt forward, which cannot be very comfortable.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:13 PM
CWY
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm convinced the Harmony Dreamtime is the best option to go - except they don't make them anymore. There's a delux or elite version, but they are all blue or pink. No other colors.

Mine is white - with brown/cafe leather, so the blue or pink just won't cut it then the top is down... =)

Has anyone tried this? wonder if this would fit....

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dream-On-...Ivory/28856471

Quick Reply: 997S Cab (Child Seats)