Sponsored by:

PCM 3.0 Glitches/Firmware Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 07:07 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 673 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by sup44
09 Cayenne S w PCM 3.0 and firmware v1.47. Experiencing the freezing and reboot for about 6 months now..... if I stop it from searching for my iphone, it does not happen.. I just bought the latest Firmware update disc (includes maps) from http://www.localpartsshop.com/oem-pa...cm-95504491141 for $262.. Hoping it does the trick.. thanks for starting this thread.. helps troubleshoot...

I wish there was some sort of Share program you guys did.. one guy buys it.. and shares it for $75 a pop or something ... collects $250 refundable deposit via paypal.. paypal protects up to $2K.... thats an idea huh???..
As North Shore 911 pointed out in his post just prior to yours, Porsche thought of this. Each sale comes with a unique code that the PIWIs validates in database before installing. You can only use each disc set once.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:22 AM
Fulwild
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is based on PCM3.1 not 3.0 but the basics seem to be the same.

There are 2 upgrades going on. Upgrading of the PCM3.1 software (May or may not be necessary based on your installed version) and upgrading of the Maps. I don’t think there is any copy protection on the PCM3.1 software upgrade but there is dealer required intervention to authorize a map upgrade. Once the Dealer gets a magic number based on your vin and map purchase confirmation from Porsche and enters it, the PCM unit will allow a map upgrade.
Having the actual PCM3.1 and map discs might be useful to confirm that the install/upgrade was correctly performed as there are reports of dealers failing to successfully complete the installations. Once the Porsche authorization code is entered anyone can do the installation. The installation requires a fair amount of time (hours not minutes) and a high quality battery minder as power glitches during install can toast your PCM. (Per warnings).

https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera...-versions.html

Quick Reply: PCM 3.0 Glitches/Firmware Upgrade