1-800-Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 09:06 PM
1990nein
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 1-800-Porsche

Originally Posted by gpjli2
Re OP: forget launch control, this guy driving scares me. Somebody out there please take his keys.
So I left the keys in the ignition and the battery died. Somebody says ^ the same day I posted this video. I come looking for my keys at night and they're stuck in the ignition - battery dead. Car took the keys
To make things worse, the keys to my other car, which has the jumper cables, also happened to be locked in glove. Locked out double time!

I called 1-800-Porsche, and this is what they sent. Let it be known the driver was just a teenager trying to make an honest buck using his own car and tools. Porsche's standards have simply been unacceptable when it comes to roadside, and this is not the first time.

Last edited by 1990nein; 11-16-2020 at 02:54 AM.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:23 PM
user 72902
Banned

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

So how did he get into your car?
Old 02-14-2014, 10:31 PM
daberlin
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 12 Posts

I like your username. I was in Beverly Hills last night and there was a Pho restaurant called '9021Pho'
Old 02-14-2014, 10:39 PM
Buddhamonk
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

why care who they send as long as he's competent...
Old 02-14-2014, 11:07 PM
1990nein
Pro

Originally Posted by jkw911
So how did he get into your car?
We jumped from fusebox to his car battery. He had only recently purchased his car and hadn't sorted things out yet - it was loud as hell (can hardly hear over the idle, like 10x loud as PSE), and his battery cables were corroded pretty bad. He also decided to rev his engine while we were jumping.

-Kill it
"What?" (revs)
-KILL IT
"Rev it?" (revs)
-NO KILL IT.
"OK" (keeps revving)
-I SAID KILL IT

Needless to say neighbors were not happy at 1am, security rolled by, and if I didn't know what was going on I probably would have thought these guys are trying to steal that Porsche. After I key released I had to ask him to leave because his car was just too loud, and finished up with my other car.

Originally Posted by daberlin
I like your username. I was in Beverly Hills last night and there was a Pho restaurant called '9021Pho'
I've heard some not so good things about that place!

Originally Posted by Buddhamonk
why care who they send as long as he's competent...
Last time they sent a flat bed driver who scraped the car both times while loading/unloading the car. AAA is much better, I don't think I'll be calling Porsche roadside again.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:07 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,016 Likes on 723 Posts

Originally Posted by Pho King Fast
So I left the keys in the ignition and the battery died. Somebody says ^ the same day I posted this video. I come looking for my keys at night and they're stuck in the ignition - battery dead. Car took the keys
To make things worse, the keys to my other car, which has the jumper cables, also happened to be locked in glove. Locked out double time!

I called 1-800-Porsche, and this is what they sent. Let it be known the driver was just a teenager trying to make an honest buck using his own car and tools. Porsche's standards have simply been unacceptable when it comes to roadside, and this is not the first time.
Did he get you in the car?
Old 02-14-2014, 11:21 PM
1990nein
Pro

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Did he get you in the car?
Sorry about the poor wording. I was hoping to keep the driver in a good light by saying that. He was a nice kid, trying to make an honest buck. I involved him in the process, showing him every step and let him look through the manuals and stuff, and I think he enjoyed it. He said "it's been a long time" since he worked on a car like this, but I think it was his first

My intention was to emphasize the bit of surprise you feel when you call 1-800-Porsche and you see a beater 1980's honda pull up waking up the neighborhood.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:18 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,016 Likes on 723 Posts

Originally Posted by Pho King Fast
Sorry about the poor wording. I was hoping to keep the driver in a good light by saying that. He was a nice kid, trying to make an honest buck. I involved him in the process, showing him every step and let him look through the manuals and stuff, and I think he enjoyed it. He said "it's been a long time" since he worked on a car like this, but I think it was his first

My intention was to emphasize the bit of surprise you feel when you call 1-800-Porsche and you see a beater 1980's honda pull up waking up the neighborhood.
I hear you but I'm not getting the surprise aspect. I get great service from my dealer but PCNA seems to spend a lot of time and effort trying to figure out how to disappoint as often as possible so this is right inline with how they operate. How did that Honda sound btw? Looks like he's got an expensive fart can exhaust conversion mounted
Old 02-15-2014, 12:22 PM
gpjli2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=Pho King Fast;11135778]So I left the keys in the ignition and the battery died. Somebody says ^ the same day I posted this video. I come looking for my keys at night and they're stuck in the ignition - battery dead. Car took the keys

The Lord works in mysterious ways
Old 02-15-2014, 10:46 PM
GEO356
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The lord? does he drive a Porsche?

Quick Reply: 1-800-Porsche