Sponsored by:

997 C2S how to add more horsepower?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 08:46 PM
Jutskin
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ynot
I couldn't agree more, I've seen guys on here and the other forum spending $10K on bolt-ons to yield 30HP, pretty ridiculous, Porsche engineers did a great job extracting every hp they can. People say it's much cheaper to sell and get a TT instead, it's not cheaper to go this route.

There are a lot of people who DD their TPC turbo 911's, I am one of them. MarathonBob from the other forum is another one. Doc took his to the track as much as he can w/o any problems. He finally sold his and got a TT b/c he wanted more than 520bhp. The metzger engine can handle a lot more hp. The only problem I have is that my 997 was the first few 997 builds with the open crankcase ventilation system. The blow by smoke vents into the air, right under my rear vents so I get a lot of comments about my engine is smoking and is on fire. lol Gets annoying after awhile and I've been meaning to route that blow by back into the intake, it's so tight in there, hard to work with. Plus this setup is illegal. Make sure to asked for a closed crankcase ventilation system which I believe all the new ones are. Enjoy it, you'll love it.
Originally Posted by alexb76
If you wanted Power and Torque, you bought the wrong car and should just tade it in for Turbo. Not sure what's TPC Turbo is, but I would NEVER mod a nice pristine GTS, you'd just RUIN the car, reliability and its resale value... just get a Turbo.
Always do this to all my cars......start thinking no mods......then then madness........my car.

Quick Reply: 997 C2S how to add more horsepower?