Sponsored by:

A Tale of Three Porsches

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 11:24 AM
Volnomad
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by door2416
Great story and all nice cars. If I had written that kind of story my follow up would have been " a tale of three wives"
LOL! The tale of three wives would be another story for another time. I think I'll keep the Targa for awhile. It's a bit older and has more miles on it than my other 911s; so I feel more free. Just drive and enjoy! On the other hand, my wife, who sold her Boxster S to help support my habit, is already looking...

Thanks for reading and for all the kind and often funny comments.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:50 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,273 Likes on 586 Posts

So you haven't tried a cab yet... Great story, one we can all relate too! Tx for posting.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:16 PM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 111 Posts

Volnomad, I would love to hear your wife's opinion on the Targa vs her old boxster. Which one does she like better and why
Old 01-05-2014, 05:33 PM
Volnomad
Racer

Originally Posted by fskof
Volnomad, I would love to hear your wife's opinion on the Targa vs her old boxster. Which one does she like better and why
I just asked her your question. Here's what she said: She likes the Targa better performance-wise, and really liked the feel of the transmission, clutch, and enjoyed the extra HP and torque. But she loves cabs and feels the open-air, mid-engine Boxster may be closer to a true sports car feel. I think there is likely to be a 911 cab in our future.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:50 AM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Volnomad
I just asked her your question. Here's what she said: She likes the Targa better performance-wise, and really liked the feel of the transmission, clutch, and enjoyed the extra HP and torque. But she loves cabs and feels the open-air, mid-engine Boxster may be closer to a true sports car feel. I think there is likely to be a 911 cab in our future.
Must be nice to have a wife that is a true driving enthusiast! Your a lucky guy
Old 01-06-2014, 01:17 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,273 Likes on 586 Posts

YES!!! There is nothing else quite like it. And a turbo cab to really punch through the twisties... now we're talkin'!!
Old 01-06-2014, 03:13 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,041 Likes on 736 Posts

Can't wait to read about the sequence of events leading up to that "a" 911 cab. Any solicitations yet from dealers eager to add you to their client roster?
Old 01-06-2014, 09:27 AM
Volnomad
Racer

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Can't wait to read about the sequence of events leading up to that "a" 911 cab. Any solicitations yet from dealers eager to add you to their client roster?
Nothing yet, Sandwedge. One would think they would stalk posters on this website!
Old 01-06-2014, 12:23 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 582 Likes on 349 Posts

+1

Originally Posted by door2416
Great story and all nice cars. If I had written that kind of story my follow up would have been " a tale of three wives"
Old 01-06-2014, 01:09 PM
chris.hanle
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too like the story, I am probably oppisite in my car purchases. I usually keep them for years and just buy another to join the group. I like the unusual colors (may not be brave/crazy enough to purchase, but I do like them).I was tempted with a nordic gold when I bought mine over a year ago (I think it was a California car). I am curious if the green was a launch car as well, because of the color and options. Either way enjoy.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:33 PM
Volnomad
Racer

Originally Posted by chris.hanle
I too like the story, I am probably oppisite in my car purchases. I usually keep them for years and just buy another to join the group. I like the unusual colors (may not be brave/crazy enough to purchase, but I do like them).I was tempted with a nordic gold when I bought mine over a year ago (I think it was a California car). I am curious if the green was a launch car as well, because of the color and options. Either way enjoy.
Chris, the Murano Green was not a launch car. It was a special paint-to-sample build ordered at Euroclassics Porsche in Richmond, VA. At the same time the ordered two additional cars, one of them a cab, with different builds in the same color. It was a very rare car.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:34 PM
norion00
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Register so I can comment on this interesting story! I have a thing with unique colors too and I think the best combo would be the Targa 4S. Try to hold on to this one and don't let the cab temptation pull you away!
Old 01-07-2014, 11:26 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 858 Likes on 585 Posts

That's awesome! Great story. Cannot do that in California. Sales tax would have been horrendous. Your wife is awesome too. Mine would have killed me by now
Old 01-08-2014, 04:36 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 474 Likes on 272 Posts

Cabs are so great! And think about the new colors you can explore!

Tom
Old 01-08-2014, 01:43 PM
chago996
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great story, I feel so much better about my own craziness, thanks. Have you ever considered leasing your P-cars? I think you would be a great candidate for that. Lease them for 2-3 yrs, it forces you to keep them for that time, you get to enjoy them knowing that it will be returned in a few years and then when the bug is gone, you are ready for the next one. and you fall in love all over again. But I hear ya

Quick Reply: A Tale of Three Porsches