Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beware of Chicago Motor Cars

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 02:48 PM
Lowtush
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a Lotus Exige S240 from them. Sales guy was nice, bougth the car sight unseen with 3k miles on it (had a friend in chicago go look at it), price was low. Everything was disclosed and the car was exactly as described upon arrival except for a couple of things. It was missing the manual and one of the side markers was blown. I had british racing group give me an invoice and CMC paid for everything. The only thing I got screwed on was that they told me it had a stock exhaust so I ordered a Larini before the car arrived and it turned out it was already equipped with a "stock looking" Larini. Not their fault as I should have waited.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:46 PM
iammulva
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
first, the narrator of that video may be one of the most annoying people on the earth.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:33 AM
jbrow
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The guy that owns chicagomotorcarssucks.com obviously has a vendetta against the owner of the company. He uses his name, Parin Shah, constantly rather than referring to the business name. He attacks the owner personally, instead of attacking specific business practices. He blows everything out of proportion to a far greater extent than he's even claiming Parin does. Maybe they've run a few cars through the dealership that are 95% described rather than 100%. And maybe a couple of those were even lemons. (A) It happens - no business is perfect, and (B) Their cars are marked far below average retail - that should be a flag that you need to research your purchase extra carefully.

Additionally, I would absolutely not let anything created by a crazy person sway your opinion. Who in their right mind creates 'peeing on Chicago Motor Cars' shirts and has their family pose in them for website pictures? This guy needs to channel his energy into positive things. I guarantee you he's the guy at the bus stop telling anyone that will listen about how Parin Shah kicked his dog and ruined his life.

</rant>
Old 01-11-2014, 08:10 AM
targaC4S
Instructor

Yeah and maybe you are a close friend of that Shah guy? Your argument is remotely valid at best. Fact remains this guy and his business are ripping people off left and right.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:52 AM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 532 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by targaC4S
Yeah and maybe you are a close friend of that Shah guy? Your argument is remotely valid at best. Fact remains this guy and his business are ripping people off left and right.
No...fact remains that his comments are valid. Who goes to such an extent to tarnish someone's reputation?

Actually I find some of the comments on here quite naive to think that dealers don't embellish their adverts. Have you EVER seen an advert from any reputable Porsche dealer that says:

200x Porsche 911 Carrera C4S - $43,500

-Not quite immaculate but has a few paint swirls
-Some curb rash on the wheels and some ring or watch scratches on inside interior surfaces
-incomplete service history (but some receipts are available)
-we might have one key but we know the car came from factory with two
-Hood and front bumpers repainted due to an accident or incident we have no clue what happened

Didn't think so. Go ahead...find one advert from any dealer where these sorts of imperfections are noted.

Seriously guys get a grip. I'm privy to a Porsche 997 that was sold by Champion Porsche in Florida that was represented as mint, superb, etc and when it arrived it was clear that the car was in a frontal accident and was repainted. Every dealer flips cars and ALL cars have a history. Its up to all of us to do the relevant investigative work because no one looks out for you but - YOU!

Get any car inspected irregardless of sales description and by doing so you are serving your own interests.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:23 AM
dgmark
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 49 Posts

The guy is a nutcase, why would you expect a to get a used car at a third of the price of a new one with no issues. Half of the story is BS and to tarnish a businesses reputation on the net over this is way over the top. The guy should have bought a Honda.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:44 AM
gripshifter
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

I think some of you may be very surprised what even reputable dealers do to used cars to prepare them for the used car showroom. I was told by various BMW and Porsche dealers that practically all preowned cars get their bumpers repainted (not a big deal if it's just repainting the plastic in my opinion). Door dings they address with paintless dent removal (nothing wrong with this), and scratches they buff out (again, normal).

Now repainting body panels and using filler - that in my book needs to be disclosed and often is not, which is why I used a paint meter on my last few CPO cars before purchasing. And of course, do a PPI.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:27 PM
jbrow
Advanced

Originally Posted by targaC4S
I've never heard the name 'Parin Shah' until yesterday. Everyone should make up their own mind, but ruining someone's reputation over a couple of questionable cars, when they sell 100's every year, seems unfair at best.

Well stated, CamsPorsche. Was Magnus Walker a riot to meet? Would love to have a chat with that guy someday.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:41 PM
cool flash
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That ...sucks website is a joke. Looks like it was made with MS Word. Hard to read and navigate.

The statements made are mostly incoherent and uncomprehensible.

Nobody is going to take this nonsense seriously.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:55 PM
cvtbenhogan
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
No...fact remains that his comments are valid. Who goes to such an extent to tarnish someone's reputation?

Every dealer flips cars and ALL cars have a history. Its up to all of us to do the relevant investigative work because no one looks out for you but - YOU!

Get any car inspected irregardless of sales description and by doing so you are serving your own interests.
+1.

The place ain't highbrow. Its scary but so is every dealer. They had a cool replica batmobile last time. I was there. Betcha that mobile had stories.

You have to have your thinking cap on in any of those places.

This Shah guy seems to be a bit of piece.

Quick Reply: Beware of Chicago Motor Cars