Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My poor car

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 02:04 PM
cash-man
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A very unfortunate situation! I hope that you get everything resolved quickly and easily.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:27 PM
Redline911
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

Lozzy, is this your F430?
Old 06-20-2013, 04:16 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

When you give us the green light.....your Rennlist community will begin the process of making sure Beverly Hill Porsche knows their reputation among the Porsche community is at risk.

In the meantime, let the attorney play hardball but do not let it drag on too long. Be clear as to what you want.

Also, review the following link.

http://beverly-hills.porschedealer.c...ut_us/team.php

Dealer Principal is Geoffrey Emery. His direct phone line is 310.557.2472. There are phone numbers for the Operations Manager and for the General Sales Manager. I suggest you start speaking to the top guns at the store.

Looking at the photos of the staff at Beverly Hill Porsche, they look as if they belong at a Buy Here Pay Here Used Car store. What a collection of losers.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:29 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 802 Likes on 551 Posts

Wow - the condition of this car would be described as poor. Terrible to see you in this predicament. Hopefully your attorney can get this unwound. Never buy a car sight unseen or without a PPI. GL. I would be livid at this point if I were you.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:32 PM
vipola
Racer

When I bought my Boxster CPO in the documentation there was a list of condition for CPU, and if I remember well, one of the condition is that not more than 2 panel had ding or need repaint.. something like that.. take a look
Old 06-20-2013, 05:43 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Redline911

Both Cars.com and the dealer's web site list this car as a "6 speed manual" but the pics of the car clearly show otherwise.

Lozzy, do you know how many miles were on the 430 when you traded it in? I'd be very leery that it was taken for some joy rides as it's the only F car on their lot.

Also, I sure hope they didn't do any paint correction on the 430. Perhaps they are the ones who ruined the paint on your 911.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:58 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,011 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
When you give us the green light.....your Rennlist community will begin the process of making sure Beverly Hill Porsche knows their reputation among the Porsche community is at risk.

In the meantime, let the attorney play hardball but do not let it drag on too long. Be clear as to what you want.

Also, review the following link.

http://beverly-hills.porschedealer.c...ut_us/team.php

Dealer Principal is Geoffrey Emery. His direct phone line is 310.557.2472. There are phone numbers for the Operations Manager and for the General Sales Manager. I suggest you start speaking to the top guns at the store.

Looking at the photos of the staff at Beverly Hill Porsche, they look as if they belong at a Buy Here Pay Here Used Car store. What a collection of losers.
At risk? Can only speak for myself of course but if that turns out to be the dealer then I won't do business with them in the future no matter what happens from here on. This is ugly.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:16 PM
iammulva
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beware the Yelpers. Strangely, there is a Yelp review that is suspiciously similar to a story I read about recently. Seems there was a guy trying to buy a car and the paint was messed up and the dealer was giving him the run around....

http://www.yelp.com/biz/beverly-hill...t_by=date_desc
Old 06-20-2013, 07:16 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

[QUOTE=iammulva;10553238]Beware the Yelpers. Strangely, there is a Yelp review that is suspiciously similar to a story I read about recently. Seems there was a guy trying to buy a car and the paint was messed up and the dealer was giving him the run around....

[url]http://www.yelp.com/biz/beverly-hills-porsche-beverly-hills?sort_by=date_desc[/u

Yes....read the same reviews on Yelp. Read other Yelp reviews. Nothing is good about this dealership. If I remember correctly, there was a guy on Pelican who was fronting (curbing) Beverly Hills Porsche cars. Also, when I googled the owner, this automotive business structure has many legal entities in its structure. Very intricate corporate shielding.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:30 AM
Jackson22
Instructor

Originally Posted by sandwedge

At risk? Can only speak for myself of course but if that turns out to be the dealer then I won't do business with them in the future no matter what happens from here on. This is ugly.

+1!!!!
Old 06-21-2013, 01:58 AM
Lozzy997
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes that's my car. Yes that's my review on Yelp. You guys are super-sleuths

Mileage hasn't increased, I hope they are looking after her properly. I spoke to a potential buyer today (he found my details in a service record). He had the car PPI'd and it passed with flying colors (which contradicts the rumors the dealer is spreading about the condition of my trade-in).

Interestingly the dealer has told him they can't sell the car as they are working through some issues with me, which is a good sign I think.

My lawyer called them today but he got the "that's above my pay grade" brushoff.

Not much else to add, still stalled.

Thanks again for the input and comments, the support I'm getting here is much appreciated.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:26 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

On the bright side, if they do return your F430 you have a buyer lined up.

If you do a search on here you will find that Beverly Hills has a contact person that frequents Rennlist. Having him see this thread may encourage their sales manager to do the right thing.

Good luck.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:44 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
On the bright side, if they do return your F430 you have a buyer lined up.

If you do a search on here you will find that Beverly Hills has a contact person that frequents Rennlist. Having him see this thread may encourage their sales manager to do the right thing.

Good luck.
Thanks, yes, the buyer would love to buy it from me!

People seem to think I'm keen to get the Ferrari back, I'm actually keen to get into a nice GTS or GT3. If only the dealer had provided one in the first place..
Old 06-21-2013, 10:59 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

GTS or GT3 really depends on what you're after. If you want involvement and feel go for the GT3, if you want a little more comfort go for the GTS. Really you can't go wrong with either.

I would pick a GT3 over the F430 also, but that's just me.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:45 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

Quick update:

I hadn't heard anything since "my lawyer" (is he my lawyer? we're just talking at the moment) called them last week.

The potential Ferrari buyer called me this morning saying the dealer had told him everything was resolved and they could now sell the car. I immediately called the dealer and told them they couldn't sell it. I spoke to the GM who feigned ignorance about the entire situation. I then spoke to the Sales Manager who also feigned ignorance about the Ferrari being back on the market but also said he wouldn't talk to me now I "have a lawyer".

Meanwhile, Porsche NA (who were also told by the dealership that the dispute had been settled) sent me a nice letter saying how terrible the situation was but they really couldn't do anything about it. Helpful....

I've owned 3 Ferraris, 4 Porsches, 1 Mercedes and too many BMWs and Audis to remember, and I've never been treated like this before.

Quick Reply: My poor car