Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh I let the PCNA guy have it yesterday and felt bad
Old 06-27-2013, 12:11 AM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Lozzy997
Buyer is a cool guy, he has told me everything. Including that there were protestors outside the dealership yesterday related to another pissed off customer lol.
Somebody needs to contact the protesters and get there story. You guys might be able to help each other out.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:55 AM
Lozzy997
Racer

One of the protestors is claiming that a customers valuable car was left in an unsecure location overnight and something happened to it. But they are just being paid to be a nuisance so who knows how accurate that might be.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:23 AM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

OP is an extraordinary person. On day one I would have returned the car, handed them the keys, told them to send me a check within 48 hours, and walked out. Any further contact would be with my lawyer, who would have slapped them and PCNA with a law suit for breach of contract. This make me sick.
The following users liked this post:
PatrickBateman (07-21-2022)
Old 06-27-2013, 10:47 AM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 47 Posts

When you get your Post purchase inspection done ask your dealer if they would CPO the car in it's current condition. Getting something in writing(PPI and a yes/no CPO) from your local dealer may have some sway with PCNA getting more involved.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:49 AM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by fbfisher
OP is an extraordinary person. On day one I would have returned the car, handed them the keys, told them to send me a check within 48 hours, and walked out. Any further contact would be with my lawyer, who would have slapped them and PCNA with a law suit for breach of contract. This make me sick.
That is a perfect plan except that the dealer isn't local to the OP.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:27 AM
CarGuy21
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, he could have driven it back or arranged to have it shipped back and been on site at the time the car was taken off the truck and the proceeded as suggested.

Last edited by CarGuy21; 06-27-2013 at 11:29 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 06-27-2013, 12:23 PM
DealerRater
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorry to hear about your experience

Originally Posted by Lozzy997
Thanks for the input, I will drop by my local dealer and see what they think of the car. Maybe also look at some of the ones they have, for comparison. Although I realize cars are often detailed before going out. Not heard of dealer rater, will take a look also
Lozzy997,

WOW! We see some negative reviews from time to time, but felt that it was appropriate to respond here. I just wanted to let you know that your review of this dealership has posted and we hope that it helps you to get the appropriate reconciliation from this dealership. Dealers absolutely pay attention to the site so we're hopeful that this dealer does the right thing in this case. If nothing else, your story is now available for any consumer considering this dealership to read and make an informed purchase decision.

Best to you and we sincerely hope that this gets rectified in an equitable manner.

DealerRater
Old 06-27-2013, 12:33 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

Originally Posted by DealerRater
Lozzy997,

WOW! We see some negative reviews from time to time, but felt that it was appropriate to respond here. I just wanted to let you know that your review of this dealership has posted and we hope that it helps you to get the appropriate reconciliation from this dealership. Dealers absolutely pay attention to the site so we're hopeful that this dealer does the right thing in this case. If nothing else, your story is now available for any consumer considering this dealership to read and make an informed purchase decision.

Best to you and we sincerely hope that this gets rectified in an equitable manner.

DealerRater
Thank you.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:36 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

Originally Posted by CarGuy21
Well, he could have driven it back or arranged to have it shipped back and been on site at the time the car was taken off the truck and the proceeded as suggested.
Hindsight is 20/20, yup I should have refused to accept the car. It was dirty, tank was empty, roof, door and wheel damage was apparent and it smelled of burning clutch. However the real issue (paint) only became apparent a week later when my restorer got his hands on it.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:37 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 365 Posts

I didn't read all the posts but did you try PCNA?
Old 06-27-2013, 01:39 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by DealerRater
Lozzy997,

DealerRater
Welcome to the forum.

I am curious what has been other feedback with respect to BH Porsche. The Yelp reviews are not good. The experience with the OP is horrible.

I hope the dealer does pay attention to the site. Their tactic is to remove Facebook posts that are negative and to dismiss other comments on Yelp.

A few other forums (such as Bimmerfest) has a sub forum "Dealer Feedback" which I find very interesting to compare posts. Maybe the Rennlist Gods should think about a similar sub forum and of course you could be the moderator!
Old 06-27-2013, 01:59 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

Originally Posted by Turbodan
I didn't read all the posts but did you try PCNA?
Hey Danny, check back a couple of pages, I posted the letter I got from PCNA (can't post it here as I've hit my attachment limit!).

Sorta helpful, but not much. The dealerships are independently owned and PCNA can only faciliate an outcome, it cannot dictate one.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:12 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 795 Likes on 545 Posts

Well I'll tell you this, BH Porsche is the nearest one to me and I didn't buy my 997.2 there and I used to take my 996 there for service and I don't use them anymore. I drive further away to get it done and deal with LA traffic. This re-affirms my opinion of them which is not very high. I will not buy from them based on this and will be letting anyone I know what has happened here. This could have been rectified by them very easily right off the bat and they chose not to do the right thing.... Shame on them.

Lozzy good luck.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:58 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

Thanks all.

I like the idea of a dealer feedback sub-forum. Might be quite powerful.

Quick Reply: My poor car