Sponsored by:

My poor car

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 12:32 PM
Jaws1
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Lozzy997
Oh, and they sold the Ferrari, despite my polite request to wait until this matter was resolved. After John George described it as "messed up" (he got pretty defensive when the GTS issues were being described to him) it aced the PPI and was sold yesterday. Buyer is a cool guy, he has told me everything. Including that there were protestors outside the dealership yesterday related to another pissed off customer lol.
I'm both surprised and not so surprised that they sold your car. Surprised in that they would further exposed themselves to legal issues, and not surprised because they are idiots. Why would they not hold off selling the Ferrari for a few weeks is beyond me.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:04 PM
iammulva
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jaws1
Surprised in that they would further exposed themselves to legal issues, and not surprised because they are idiots. Why would they not hold off selling the Ferrari for a few weeks is beyond me.
Because it likely does not expose them to further legal issues and they need to continue running their business. Assuming BHP loses this dispute, they will likely have to refund the purchase price of the car. I am definitely NOT on BHP's side in this matter, but disputes are a part of business. A company cannot stop operating simply because of a dispute. That's why we have the legal system and also why the remedy for breach of contract (in general) is simply to make the non-breaching party whole (usually in dollars). It's simply the most efficient way to do things.

Regarding the protesters... Looks like BHP is getting a (another?) lesson in customer relations.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:22 PM
2005997carrera2
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They seem to have removed the public comment section entirely from their facebook.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:27 PM
MK_TT
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I would also use dealerrater.com to express your horrible experience.

I feel so bad for the OP
Old 06-26-2013, 02:14 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Lozzy997
Oh, and they sold the Ferrari, despite my polite request to wait until this matter was resolved. After John George described it as "messed up" (he got pretty defensive when the GTS issues were being described to him) it aced the PPI and was sold yesterday. Buyer is a cool guy, he has told me everything. Including that there were protestors outside the dealership yesterday related to another pissed off customer lol.

Lozzy997

I really feel badly for you. What is your lawyer doing? Get a clear understanding of next steps.

Also, are you a PCA member? You might want to reach out to the local PCA chapter in or around LA and find out if they have a dealer liaison function that might get to the right folks at BH Porsche.

Anyone on Rennlist that uses BH Porsche needs to send a note to them telling them of your disappointment in their poor conduct.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:20 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Since they've sold your F-car I assume that this will likely end in litigation based on BHP's behavior to date... So I wonder if you should consider a PPI, post purchase inspection, by your local p-dealer at this point. It's one thing to have your detailer provide expert statements re the condition of the vehicle's paint but it would be that much more relevant if another p-dealer provides a written PPI report re the overall condition and/or viability of CPO on the GTS. Remember that there are numerous checklist items which the car must past re minimum wear/tear condition... ie brakes and tires at 75% minimum(I believe). We know that the F-car passed it's PPI with flying colors but would the GTS pass? A failed PPI from a p-dealer would certainly help with your case that BHP had misrepresented the car as "perfect" or even CPO'd. BTW, has BHP provided you with their CPO checklist yet? I'm traveling on business but would be willing to fwd a copy of my CPO checklist when I get back home tomorrow... just PM me. May also be good to get the F-car's PPI report from one of the buyers who reached out to you... maybe pay them for the report so there's no question of ownership re the PPI printout down the road during litigation. GL
The following users liked this post:
PatrickBateman (07-21-2022)
Old 06-26-2013, 02:21 PM
TwoPorts
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lozzy - I live in Los Angeles, let me know if there's anything I can do to help. This whole experience sounds really terrible.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:56 PM
Jaws1
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by iammulva
Because it likely does not expose them to further legal issues and they need to continue running their business. Assuming BHP loses this dispute, they will likely have to refund the purchase price of the car. I am definitely NOT on BHP's side in this matter, but disputes are a part of business. A company cannot stop operating simply because of a dispute. That's why we have the legal system and also why the remedy for breach of contract (in general) is simply to make the non-breaching party whole (usually in dollars). It's simply the most efficient way to do things.
I'm well aware that disputes are the nature of business, but delaying the sale of the Ferrari for a few weeks would hardly stop the dealership from "operating".
Old 06-26-2013, 03:15 PM
iammulva
Racer

Originally Posted by USMC_DS1
So I wonder if you should consider a PPI, post purchase inspection, by your local p-dealer at this point.
I like this idea
Old 06-26-2013, 03:23 PM
iammulva
Racer

Originally Posted by Jaws1
I'm well aware that disputes are the nature of business, but delaying the sale of the Ferrari for a few weeks would hardly stop the dealership from "operating".
True. My point was only that there is no increase in liability for having sold the car and the reason for that is, in the aggregate, it is less efficient if businesses were required to suspend part of their operations in cases like this when a dispute occurs. I think BHP should have held the car.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:57 PM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 205 Posts

I'm not sure how the car would not meet cpo criteria as described. I was under the impression that cpo allowed for some respray work. Now the fact that it was poorly done may not disqualify it. Also, having the clear coat ground down all the way may not be mentioned either.

Was it misrepresented, sure but it still might meet the cpo checklist.
Hopefully a Porsche dealer in your area can shed some light on the situation. I wouldn't say anything to them and just see what they come up with.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:21 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the input, I will drop by my local dealer and see what they think of the car. Maybe also look at some of the ones they have, for comparison. Although I realize cars are often detailed before going out. Not heard of dealer rater, will take a look also
Old 06-26-2013, 04:26 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,061 Likes on 744 Posts

Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
I'm not sure how the car would not meet cpo criteria as described. I was under the impression that cpo allowed for some respray work. Now the fact that it was poorly done may not disqualify it. Also, having the clear coat ground down all the way may not be mentioned either.

Was it misrepresented, sure but it still might meet the cpo checklist.
Hopefully a Porsche dealer in your area can shed some light on the situation. I wouldn't say anything to them and just see what they come up with.
I wonder how many people would read Porsche's "philosophy" of their CPO standards and expect to get a car with ****ty paint repair and no clear coat. For example: "Rigorous mechanical and bodywork standards must be met by every Porsche Approved vehicle."

Philosophy

Porsche Pre-Owned Car Locator

Over time, we develop and collect memories. We cherish the things that have inspired us and proved their worth to us. A Porsche automobile is no different. From conception, its goals were to deliver pure driving pleasure, impeccable quality and absolute engineering integrity. A Porsche Approved Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle delivers this dream precisely as it was intended.

Porsche Approved - this grade is given to pre-owned Porsche vehicles which meet the quality standards of the Porsche brand. This is how you can broaden your choice between a new and a pre-owned vehicle by one additional option: a Porsche Approved vehicle. Current model year vehicles and those of eight previous model years with less than 100,000 miles are eligible for enrollment.

Buying a Porsche Approved Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle means that your dream will remain unbroken. In fact, we are so confident in our high standards that we put our name on it: Porsche Approved.

Porsche Approved means

In term, the CPO Limited Warranty is a total of 2 years or up to 50,000 miles from the mileage on the odometer at the time of retail used delivery not to exceed a total of 100,000 miles/160,000 KM. The vehicle meets the Porsche preparation standards. The certification vehicle has been inspected in compliance with our 111-point checklist. All work has been performed by Porsche trained technicians. Only Genuine Porsche parts have been used.

Quality

Porsche Pre-Owned Car Locator

We’re proud of our technicians, and no-one knows a Porsche better than them. Rigorous mechanical and bodywork standards must be met by every Porsche Approved vehicle. This is part of the meticulous preparation process undertaken prior to sale. You can be assured that your new Porsche Approved Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle has undergone service and preparation worthy of the Porsche name and meets the standards you would expect of us.

Porsche Approved Certified Pre-Owned vehicles are inspected by factory trained technicians who conduct a 111 point mechanical and visual inspection, using original Porsche parts. Each vehicle must pass this rigorous inspection before it can be eligible for enrollment into the Porsche Approved Certified Pre-Owned Program. Current model year vehicles and those of eight previous model years with less than 100,000 miles are eligible for enrollment.

http://www.porsche.com/usa/approvedu...ed/philosophy/
Old 06-26-2013, 04:39 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

sandwedge - yes indeed, I read those claims with amusement
Old 06-26-2013, 04:50 PM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Lozzy, kudos to you for having patience. I would have been on their doorstep as soon as I found out how bad the car was and received the resistance from the dealer. This is complete and total BS. They are just waiting for you to get tired of messing with it and just lay down. Please don't do that.

Honestly, this has been really bothering me and I have thought of many things I would have probably done. Most of which would have landed me in jail. And I'm pretty easy to get along with.
Lets see.....pay some people that are down and out on their luck to protest in front of the place.....Uhh...rental car thru the front window......Uhh......Ill just keep the rest to myself. Hang in there~~

Quick Reply: My poor car