Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 03:03 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts
Default ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid No Longer Available

Here's the update, the DOT put the stop to this product and it is no longer available from the manufacturer. The blue color is the issue. We list it as NLA. Sorry folks!
Mark/Pelican Parts
888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 08-29-2013, 05:06 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts

Motul RBF600 is what I use. No blue die, fantastic fluid for street or track.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:23 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

I can understand why some go with racing fluid. Motul rbf 600, 660, super blue they all exceed the requirement. Just like changing oil at 3k or for some 5k even while the requirement is at 10k. In reality though is it really needed for most who just do spirited driving and once in a while track. For some it might be inexpensive insurance, for some overkill. What really is the equivalent of oem fluid? Ate sl or ate sl.6 orpentosin super dot 4? If there is a more reasonable equivalent i would stick with that for normal road driving. Maybe move one notch higher like motul 5.1 but for me 660, 600, srf, are really overkill.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:26 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

However, regular track junkies should consider racing fluid part of the exercise and also as part of it the regular flushing after a few track days.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:04 PM
mattyf
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Here's the update, the DOT put the stop to this product and it is no longer available from the manufacturer. The blue color is the issue. We list it as NLA. Sorry folks!
Mark/Pelican Parts
They should relabel it "Super Blue - Paint Stripper", problem solved.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:11 AM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by slicky rick
I can understand why some go with racing fluid. Motul rbf 600, 660, super blue they all exceed the requirement. Just like changing oil at 3k or for some 5k even while the requirement is at 10k. In reality though is it really needed for most who just do spirited driving and once in a while track. For some it might be inexpensive insurance, for some overkill. What really is the equivalent of oem fluid? Ate sl or ate sl.6 orpentosin super dot 4? If there is a more reasonable equivalent i would stick with that for normal road driving. Maybe move one notch higher like motul 5.1 but for me 660, 600, srf, are really overkill.
Try tracking on a 2yr old OEM fluid, not fun! For street, I agree OEM and 5.1 is more than enough. I've tracked on 5.1, and KEY is to change it at least every 2yrs, if not annually then 1-2 track days would do, but, you just never wanna risk your fluid boiling on track going into a corner at 120MPH, so if you track, when flushing, might as well get the better fluid.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:06 AM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Agree totally with alex. If you track do not try to save on this one. Might cost a lot more.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:28 AM
eflight
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 80 Posts

I will have to put my unopened container of super blue away and sell it 10 years from now as "rare" Super blue
Old 08-05-2017, 06:18 PM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 168 Posts

No, Super blue will NOT stain your brake system. What happen is there is another reservoir for the anti-lock brake which cannot be flushed out without expensive equipment. The blue staining were the super blue fluids that oozed out of the anti-lock system when the anti-lock brake gets activated. So, all it takes braking it hard to dump the super blue fluids back into the system and it appears that the BLUE staining the reservoir. There is no way around it, other than flushing the system and then go out using the brake hard to activate the anti-lock brake so that fresh fluids replaces the old super blue. However, no matter how many number of times you perform this task, you would never be able to purge out all the old fluids from the anti-lock brake.
Old 08-05-2017, 06:45 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by henryting
No, Super blue will NOT stain your brake system. What happen is there is another reservoir for the anti-lock brake which cannot be flushed out without expensive equipment. The blue staining were the super blue fluids that oozed out of the anti-lock system when the anti-lock brake gets activated. So, all it takes braking it hard to dump the super blue fluids back into the system and it appears that the BLUE staining the reservoir. There is no way around it, other than flushing the system and then go out using the brake hard to activate the anti-lock brake so that fresh fluids replaces the old super blue. However, no matter how many number of times you perform this task, you would never be able to purge out all the old fluids from the anti-lock brake.
Just get Motul... RBF 600 and be done with it.

Quick Reply: Ate super blue or factory brake fluid