Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I drove my 997 back-to-back with 991 and GT3RS

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 06:16 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today while picking up my car for the dealer the tech visited with me to tell me what he did to fix my car. I asked the tech if he'd have to pull the motor on the 991 to replace the alternator. He didn't know but he wasn't too fond of the 991. His opinion (not mine) was he believed that Porsche was straying from their roots and it was embarrassing to him. He brought up the Symposer and what a ridiculous idea it was. Personally, I'd prefer the louder exhaust.

Originally Posted by alexb76
Really? So, I could just have opinions on the latest M5 driving capabilities, and the next Acura NSX cause I've seen its pictures?!

Give me a break!

If someone makes a comment about, oh, I like 991 exterior, or interior without driving it, fair enough, but to have opinions on every aspect of the car compared to 997, for someone who hasn't driven it, is just trolling.

I am not even in this debate anymore, absolutely no value. Some like 991, some don't, and those groups can never agree and that's the bottom line for me. All I know is that I cannot take advantage of full capabilities in my 5yr old 997.1, and until I do, an upgrade is a moot point. These cars are just enough and in most cases too much for 90% of the drivers!
Old 07-19-2012, 06:20 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Honorable mention. Thank you!

Sorry but I don't like the Muslim Brotherhood (fanatics) because they murder homosexuals. Why do you stick up for a group that hates the Gay community?

Originally Posted by vern1
ah what took you so long. usually its spokane who trots out the gay, lib muslim stuff in to the Vortex but good to see you 2 are swapping ideas now
Old 07-19-2012, 06:26 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
If someone says that they grew a 3rd leg, I don't have to know anything about medicine to call BS.
From the preponderance of evidence, neither do you believe you have to know anything about Porsches to call BS on whatever suits you. That said, not knowing anything about medicine would be a mandatory prerequisite to calling BS on your particular example. The condition is called polymelia. It's more prevalent in uncivilised and uneducated populations as well as where inbreeding is rampant. So I'm somewhat astonished at your ignorance on the subject. Then again you continually astonish on that front.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:28 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Palmbeacher
In fact, not knowing anything about medicine would be a mandatory prerequisite to calling BS on that particular example. The condition is called polymelia. It's more prevalent in uncivilised and uneducated populations and where inbreeding is prevalent. So I'm rather surprised at your ignorance. Then again you continually surprise on that front.

So your first reaction to your neighbor claiming, "my wife just grew another leg" wouldn't be, "well that sounds like BS". Instead, your vast medical expertise would cause you to conclude, "Oh yes, that condition is called polymelia. It's more prevalent in uncivilised and uneducated populations and where inbreeding is prevalent".

Unbelievable....

Last edited by Mike in CA; 07-20-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:00 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 833 Likes on 566 Posts

Originally Posted by alexb76:9699716
You don't need to have driven a 997 or 991 to have an opinion about the incessant and ridiculously repetitive comments and complaints about rear deck lettering, parking brake levers, or center consoles. All you need is a healthy sense of perspective.
Really? So, I could just have opinions on the latest M5 driving capabilities, and the next Acura NSX cause I've seen its pictures?!

Give me a break!

If someone makes a comment about, oh, I like 991 exterior, or interior without driving it, fair enough, but to have opinions on every aspect of the car compared to 997, for someone who hasn't driven it, is just trolling.

I am not even in this debate anymore, absolutely no value. Some like 991, some don't, and those groups can never agree and that's the bottom line for me. All I know is that I cannot take advantage of full capabilities in my 5yr old 997.1, and until I do, an upgrade is a moot point. These cars are just enough and in most cases too much for 90% of the drivers!
By your own definition, you have been a troll. You became very opinionated on 997.2 oil usage while never owning one or pointing to any empirical evidence to support your claims.

Quad is hardly a troll. I actually think he calls BS quite well. He also calls out asinine statements. Is he direct? Perhaps
Old 07-20-2012, 12:01 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

Originally Posted by rodsky
Quad is hardly a troll.
True, he's more of a wannabe troll. With a little practise he may get better at it, but his potential is crippled by his IQ.

I actually think he calls BS quite well.
Well but inappropriately. His problem is that constant immersion in his own has rendered his sense of smell useless.

He also calls out asinine statements.
In fact he rather bleats them out...repetitively, like a goat.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:14 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

^^^ Do you say this kind of stuff when you disagree with people in person? You must get smacked around a lot.....
Old 07-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

^^^ Do you say this kind of stuff when you disagree with people in person? You must get smacked around a lot.....
No worries. I get my medical care wholesale.

Quick Reply: I drove my 997 back-to-back with 991 and GT3RS