I drove my 997 back-to-back with 991 and GT3RS

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 03:36 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 129 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
BLOVIATE : to speak or write verbosely and windily

Now who does that remind me of? Hmmmmm........
Blowhardus Spectacularus??

Remember gentlemen (at least Mike and Quad), that you are deep in the "Vortex of Insanity" and there is no escape ....
Old 07-19-2012, 03:37 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 806 Posts

Originally Posted by Palmbeacher
Two words: large displacement.
Is there some problem with a large displacement engine? Do you not like torque?

So then you assert that the mere fact a car serves as transportation makes it not-rubbish. Interesting. And by interesting I mean sophomorically inane.
Are you being intentionally obtuse?

A toyota corolla serves as transportation. The Lincoln is a luxury vehicle that meets its goals very well in that its quiet, comfortable, roomy, large trunk, etc.

To me, how well a vehicle meets its goals. Just like you wouldn't say the lincoln is a bad car because it cannot turn out .9g on a skidpad, you wouldn't say a 911 is a bad car because its rear seats are suited only for double amputees.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:37 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LMFAO !!!!!

Nascar and Demolition Derby....absolutely brilliant.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:18 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
Is there some problem with a large displacement engine?
Hmm, well, let's see...you've a government willing to wage wars in order to assure the citizenry a limitless supply of cheap petrol. And displacement is a simple solution, one well within the capacity of American engineers to design, American workers to build, American mechanics to service, and American people to drive from one pedal-to-the-floor stoplight to the next. So, no, no problem at all.

Do you not like torque?
The more the merrier. One never knows when one may need to pull a tree stump out of the ground.

Are you being intentionally obtuse?
Actually I was trying to talk down to your level of comprehension, but evidently I'm still aiming too high.

The Lincoln is a luxury vehicle that meets its goals very well in that its quiet, comfortable, roomy, large trunk, etc.
No doubt room enough up-front for Tony, Paulie, Vinnie and Big *****, with space in the trunk for a couple corpses and several shovels. Clearly the perfect choice for New Jersey.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

Originally Posted by vern1
Remember gentlemen (at least Mike and Quad), that you are deep in the "Vortex of Insanity" and there is no escape ....
There's always north across the border. But not everyone can rock plaid flannel, eh.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 806 Posts

This has become tiresome due to your complete lack of even attempting rational thought.

so with that, enjoy your generalizations and have a wonderful day.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

Seems I've found the perfect formula for Troll Repellent.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:52 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

You don't need to have driven a 997 or 991 to have an opinion about the incessant and ridiculously repetitive comments and complaints about rear deck lettering, parking brake levers, or center consoles. All you need is a healthy sense of perspective.
Really? So, I could just have opinions on the latest M5 driving capabilities, and the next Acura NSX cause I've seen its pictures?!

Give me a break!

If someone makes a comment about, oh, I like 991 exterior, or interior without driving it, fair enough, but to have opinions on every aspect of the car compared to 997, for someone who hasn't driven it, is just trolling.

I am not even in this debate anymore, absolutely no value. Some like 991, some don't, and those groups can never agree and that's the bottom line for me. All I know is that I cannot take advantage of full capabilities in my 5yr old 997.1, and until I do, an upgrade is a moot point. These cars are just enough and in most cases too much for 90% of the drivers!
Old 07-19-2012, 04:57 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

But it hardly surprises me you assert that first-hand knowledge is unessential to expounding on a subject.
Well, what I referred to specifically was having an "opinion about...incessant and ridiculously repetitive comments and complaints about rear deck lettering, parking brake levers, or center consoles ", and I do, unfortunately, have first hand knowledge of your posts......
Old 07-19-2012, 05:02 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

Well, what I referred to specifically was having an "opinion about...incessant and ridiculously repetitive comments and complaints about rear deck lettering, parking brake levers, or center consoles ", and I do, unfortunately, have first hand knowledge of your posts......
There must be someplace else you'd rather be...must be a GALA Parade somewhere in your town today, isn't there?
Old 07-19-2012, 05:16 PM
vern1
Drifting

Seems I've found the perfect formula for Troll Repellent.
Yes, talking to yourself
Old 07-19-2012, 05:22 PM
vern1
Drifting

There must be someplace else you'd rather be...must be a GALA Parade somewhere in your town today, isn't there?
ah what took you so long. usually its spokane who trots out the gay, lib muslim stuff in to the Vortex but good to see you 2 are swapping ideas now
Old 07-19-2012, 05:27 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

No, I'm good. But I do worry how you find the time to post your erudite "barbs" while keeping tabs on what is obviously a booming and time consuming "practice", not to mention the army of your "colleagues" nationwide who are out at your request investigating Porsche dealerships for evidence of 991 sales.

I should let you go....have a nice day.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:38 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

I see this is going well...
Old 07-19-2012, 06:04 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by alexb76
Really? So, I could just have opinions on the latest M5 driving capabilities, and the next Acura NSX cause I've seen its pictures?!

Give me a break!
C'mon Alex, you're a bright guy, this isn't that hard. If someone says that they grew a 3rd leg, I don't have to know anything about medicine to call BS. Some of the discussions about the 991 versus the 997 are silly and repetitive, as discussions . It's not necessary to know everything about the cars to figure that out, although people like myself and others are certainly informed enough to offer an opinion. It's not just about the cars. Get it?

Quick Reply: I drove my 997 back-to-back with 991 and GT3RS